Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings before Southampton 12:14 - Jul 28 with 5435 viewsAussieSwan

Does anybody realistically think we're likely to get anyone else in before the Southampton game, let alone the rest of the window?

If so, who?

We don't seem to have concrete links to anybody at the moment - certainly not the repeated speculation we had with Mesa and Abraham before those deals got done

I'm worried that our board have shut up shop and think that if we keep Llorente and Siggy everything will be fine. It won't be - we need reinforcements. We haven't really added to our squad at all. Since the end of last season, from the first team it's been 3 out and 3 in - no additions and no significant upgrades (Abraham, Mesa and Bartley for Borja, Cork and Amat)

Hope I am proven wrong and the board bring in some players but at the moment, it's not looking good.

Are we gonna get anyone?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Signings before Southampton on 21:55 - Jul 28 with 1560 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Signings before Southampton on 21:50 - Jul 28 by Swanjaxs

Paul Clement came out and said at the end of last season he wanted all incoming's sorted out early, preferably before the American pre-season tour, the Mesa deal would have been covered by the Gomis and Cork fees so no real spend thus far, we more than just flirted with relegation last season because of lack of investment surely Jenkins and the yanks have learnt their lessons....
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 21:51]

this is true

its a shambles yet again

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Signings before Southampton on 23:37 - Jul 28 with 1482 viewsspiderboy

Signings before Southampton on 21:55 - Jul 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

this is true

its a shambles yet again

shambles,,yes,,but its interesting,,
lets see how far we can go till we run out of petrol,,
lets free wheel down the hills and see if we can make it to the top of the other hill.
Who knows? There maybe a filling station before we start to cough and splutter.
Lets try and go for it!
You never know? We may be ok????
Signings before Southampton on 23:44 - Jul 28 with 1463 viewsSheffieldjack

Signings before Southampton on 23:37 - Jul 28 by spiderboy

shambles,,yes,,but its interesting,,
lets see how far we can go till we run out of petrol,,
lets free wheel down the hills and see if we can make it to the top of the other hill.
Who knows? There maybe a filling station before we start to cough and splutter.
Lets try and go for it!
You never know? We may be ok????

Hardly a ringing endorsement of the "shambles" so far. I get the impression that Huw the genius thought that Everton would stump up the £50 million and that we'd get transfers sorted out afterwards. However, if Everton are now looking elsewhere the whole approach is shown to be flawed. Clement needs to start breathing fire and get the transfer wheels turning - fast!
Signings before Southampton on 23:55 - Jul 28 with 1448 viewsSwanjaxs

Signings before Southampton on 23:44 - Jul 28 by Sheffieldjack

Hardly a ringing endorsement of the "shambles" so far. I get the impression that Huw the genius thought that Everton would stump up the £50 million and that we'd get transfers sorted out afterwards. However, if Everton are now looking elsewhere the whole approach is shown to be flawed. Clement needs to start breathing fire and get the transfer wheels turning - fast!

Clem can rant and rave all he wants but it's cocknose and Uncle Sam that holds the purse strings... and ultimately our future in the Premier League.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Signings before Southampton on 23:55 - Jul 28 with 1447 viewsspiderboy

Signings before Southampton on 23:44 - Jul 28 by Sheffieldjack

Yes.Read between the lines.Exactly my thoughts.
Signings before Southampton on 12:05 - Jul 29 with 1307 viewsEasternJack

This transfer window has been bonkers in terms of fee expectations. Apart from the big boys, My guess is that everyone is holding out for financial realities to kick in as the window gets smaller.

I expect a lot of business in the last week of August.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Signings before Southampton on 14:03 - Jul 29 with 1184 viewsLoyal

Signings before Southampton on 21:50 - Jul 28 by Swanjaxs

Paul Clement came out and said at the end of last season he wanted all incoming's sorted out early, preferably before the American pre-season tour, the Mesa deal would have been covered by the Gomis and Cork fees so no real spend thus far, we more than just flirted with relegation last season because of lack of investment surely Jenkins and the yanks have learnt their lessons....
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 21:51]

This is an always repeated ominous start to August.
Two class signings would have got the fans on board, the owners supported and a superb feel good factor.
My genuine belief is Southampton away is a game we would not be looking at to secure three points. Seriously.
That buys more time to conclude any deal (s) to ensure the fans are on board for the first home game.
A potential win as all home games must be.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Signings before Southampton on 22:25 - Jul 29 with 1049 viewsAl_Bundy

Siggy and Llorente kept us afloat last season and they will not be part of our squad.

Most of our squad is bang on average with the odd player being to up his game on occasion.

The squad is ageing with a reliant on keeping certain players on-board which is very much a Swansea trait whether they can do a job or not.

Our bargain basement transfer strategy as in the main not really strengthened the squad so hopefully 2 or 3 quality players can be brought in this window to cover all the departures
Login to get fewer ads

Signings before Southampton on 12:06 - Jul 30 with 941 viewsJBT95

Signings before Southampton on 18:52 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

"We did ok towards the end of last season" yes we did, and results went in our favour.

The fact is we still missed relegation by the skin of our teeth (I know that Bobbly Bob didn't help) but if you think last seasons team is good enough not to find ourselves in a similar position this coming season, then prepare yourself.

We were closer to 8th than 17th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024