Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Resealable cheese packets 15:41 - Nov 8 with 6965 viewsBklynRanger

They should put the resealable thing along the shorter side of the cheese rectangle. That way we the consumer could access the cheese without having to completely remove it from the packet every time. Who cuts their cheese along the long side? Unbelievable.
Resealable cheese packets on 01:00 - Nov 10 with 1442 viewsSonofNorfolt

On a positive note, I discovered that Um Bongo has been re-introduced to the supermarket shelves.
Fantastic.
Resealable cheese packets on 07:51 - Nov 10 with 1413 viewsPhildo

They can import it from the Congo again now we have done Brexit
Resealable cheese packets on 09:27 - Nov 10 with 1387 viewsGloryHunter

Resealable cheese packets on 09:15 - Nov 9 by Konk

The cheese thing is all about access — they won’t have made the decision without a lot of thought, study groups etc. I’m backing their judgment.

An innovation that will definitely improve your life: the cardboard box that contains your cling film/tin foil roll — at each end of the box, there are some flaps in the centre that you push inwards, into the open ends of the cling film/tin foil roll. Once the box is locked onto the roll, your life will be at least twenty times better. Removing the correct amount of material becomes an absolute pleasure rather than a battle. I’ve shared this with about twenty friends and family, and no-one knew about it. Possibly the greatest innovation ever. Give it a whirl.

Thanks Konk, that has changed my life. I wonder why they don't point this out on the packets?
Resealable cheese packets on 09:29 - Nov 10 with 1382 viewsaston_hoop

Resealable cheese packets on 07:51 - Nov 10 by Phildo

They can import it from the Congo again now we have done Brexit

Might as well get the cheese there too

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25979401

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Resealable cheese packets on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 1379 viewsKonk

Resealable cheese packets on 09:27 - Nov 10 by GloryHunter

Thanks Konk, that has changed my life. I wonder why they don't point this out on the packets?

I know! Whoever came up with that innovation must be silently fuming every time he goes round someone's house and his hosts are faffing about, getting in a right pickle as they try to get some cling film out.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Resealable cheese packets on 10:54 - Nov 10 with 1355 viewsBklynRanger

Resealable cheese packets on 09:33 - Nov 10 by Konk

I know! Whoever came up with that innovation must be silently fuming every time he goes round someone's house and his hosts are faffing about, getting in a right pickle as they try to get some cling film out.

Using that inbuilt cling film technology certainly changes a lot of people's perspective. Sometimes I see evidence of this as I travel on the Metropolitan line - the calm, confident demeanour of a commuter who is master of his domain compared to the darting, terrified eyes of one who knows that his cling film is a total shambles. Big diffference.

The seal has now broken on my resealable cheese packet - took only 3 uses for that to happen.
Resealable cheese packets on 15:42 - Nov 10 with 1321 viewsSonofNorfolt

Resealable cheese packets on 10:54 - Nov 10 by BklynRanger

Using that inbuilt cling film technology certainly changes a lot of people's perspective. Sometimes I see evidence of this as I travel on the Metropolitan line - the calm, confident demeanour of a commuter who is master of his domain compared to the darting, terrified eyes of one who knows that his cling film is a total shambles. Big diffference.

The seal has now broken on my resealable cheese packet - took only 3 uses for that to happen.

I'll wager on the third time, you had consumed at least a couple of bottles of Chilean Merlot and tried to force the seal shut. Now it's blue and hard. Like that time you saw Debbie Harry in the Antarctic.
Resealable cheese packets on 18:07 - Nov 10 with 1302 viewsBklynRanger

Resealable cheese packets on 15:42 - Nov 10 by SonofNorfolt

I'll wager on the third time, you had consumed at least a couple of bottles of Chilean Merlot and tried to force the seal shut. Now it's blue and hard. Like that time you saw Debbie Harry in the Antarctic.

I barely touched the seal. Completely defective and it has the blazing temerity to proclaim 'resealable to keep your cheese fresh' just underneath the now very defunct seal. Lies. Bag of shyte. Ollie Out.
Login to get fewer ads

Resealable cheese packets on 18:20 - Nov 10 with 1300 viewsted_hendrix

Resealable cheese packets on 18:07 - Nov 10 by BklynRanger

I barely touched the seal. Completely defective and it has the blazing temerity to proclaim 'resealable to keep your cheese fresh' just underneath the now very defunct seal. Lies. Bag of shyte. Ollie Out.

"I barely touched the seal"

I'm a bit confused now. did you touch an Atlantic seal? that's how I'm reading it anyway (albeit barely)

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Resealable cheese packets on 18:35 - Nov 10 with 1293 viewsSonofNorfolt

Resealable cheese packets on 18:20 - Nov 10 by ted_hendrix

"I barely touched the seal"

I'm a bit confused now. did you touch an Atlantic seal? that's how I'm reading it anyway (albeit barely)

Grey nose or blue nose?
Resealable cheese packets on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 1255 viewsBklynRanger

I'd love to hug a seal. I think that would be very moving.
Resealable cheese packets on 21:59 - Nov 10 with 1241 viewsDannyPaddox

Resealable cheese packets on 00:49 - Nov 9 by Brightonhoop

You're not wrong. I had a chat with a baker in Brighton, best baker in the land by a country mile by the way,Mr Raven, and he told me the grated cheddar for commercial use goes a lot further than sliced.
Anyway I digress, I swore I would never by grated cheese as sold in M&S and elsewhere, but have to confess to buying grated parmasan because the big wedges of the stuff go off before I use them all. The down side of this is not being able to slice of a thin bit with a razor, thinner than a Rizla, and lay on the tongue. I actually end up buying both.
It' a conspiracy I tell thee.

Ravens. Fiveways. Bakery of Bakeries!
Resealable cheese packets on 23:34 - Nov 10 with 1223 viewswombat

Resealable cheese packets on 21:59 - Nov 10 by DannyPaddox

Who needs a to seal cheese ? Don't we all eat the block in one sitting or have we all turned into pussys overnight ? This board is going down hill lately

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Resealable cheese packets on 23:41 - Nov 10 with 1220 viewsFDC

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 23:45]
Resealable cheese packets on 23:42 - Nov 10 with 1220 viewsFDC

Resealable cheese packets on 10:22 - Nov 9 by Mick_S

And this is how to poach an egg. Cling film rules.

Both of these posts are game changers and I thank you .
Resealable cheese packets on 23:45 - Nov 10 with 1032 viewsFDC

Resealable cheese packets on 09:15 - Nov 9 by Konk

The cheese thing is all about access — they won’t have made the decision without a lot of thought, study groups etc. I’m backing their judgment.

An innovation that will definitely improve your life: the cardboard box that contains your cling film/tin foil roll — at each end of the box, there are some flaps in the centre that you push inwards, into the open ends of the cling film/tin foil roll. Once the box is locked onto the roll, your life will be at least twenty times better. Removing the correct amount of material becomes an absolute pleasure rather than a battle. I’ve shared this with about twenty friends and family, and no-one knew about it. Possibly the greatest innovation ever. Give it a whirl.

Both of these posts are game changers and i thank you
Resealable cheese packets on 23:57 - Nov 10 with 1022 viewsBrightonhoop

Resealable cheese packets on 21:59 - Nov 10 by DannyPaddox

Last conversation I had with him was 'Large white Danish. 2.' To which he responded knowing me as a regular was 'We're on holiday for the next two weeks.' I stood open mouthed at the temerity of it and in my head said 'You b4stard. I ought to smash yer windows in, tear the walls down, and stick you in the ovens.' Instead I meekly said 'Well, happy holidays, we'll miss you.' I should have asked for 2 large white Danish and counselling please.
He's a miserable fcker, but you do have to pre=order his hot cross buns. You dont have to at Tescos. And there's still a queue round the block to collect. That is all.
Resealable cheese packets on 23:59 - Nov 10 with 1018 viewsFredManRave

Resealable cheese packets on 21:30 - Nov 10 by BklynRanger

I'd love to hug a seal. I think that would be very moving.

You wouldn't be the first, mate but hopefully you wouldn't take it as far as Hedi Klum and Erica Packer...

Back to the cheese...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Resealable cheese packets on 09:02 - Nov 11 with 984 viewsGloryHunter

Resealable cheese packets on 09:33 - Nov 10 by Konk

I have now poked in the little end holders on all the cling film and alu foil boxes in the drawer. I then started on the greaseproof paper and - guess what? - they don't have them! What is it about greaseproof paper that makes it different? I think we should be told.
Resealable cheese packets on 09:12 - Nov 11 with 978 viewsMick_S

Tin foil update/question.

Why is one side shinier than the other?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Resealable cheese packets on 09:17 - Nov 11 with 973 viewsKonk

Resealable cheese packets on 09:02 - Nov 11 by GloryHunter

I have now poked in the little end holders on all the cling film and alu foil boxes in the drawer. I then started on the greaseproof paper and - guess what? - they don't have them! What is it about greaseproof paper that makes it different? I think we should be told.

Good work. Over the course of a year, that's gonna save you upwards of 20 minutes and a lot of faff.

Greaseproof paper - no idea mate. Could be manufacturing costs, could be Legal put the stop on it, could be a stubborn manufacturer refusing to embrace the greatest innovation of our time. I'd email their Customer services team and ask them what the heck's going on.

Resealable cheese packets on 09:20 - Nov 11 with 963 viewsMick_S

You can line frying pans with it!!! Gamechanger.

Resealable cheese packets on 09:22 - Nov 11 with 962 viewsBklynRanger

Resealable cheese packets on 09:12 - Nov 11 by Mick_S

Tin foil update/question.

Why is one side shinier than the other?

Great question Mick, a very good and valid query.

I've always assumed that the shiny side goes on the outside to provide reflective insulation when you're wrapping things up (e.g. broken cheese packets). Further in conjunction with that, the duller matt side is for putting face up when you're using it to cook stuff (e.g. toasted cheese with a nice bit of ham on top).

The shiny side cannot be placed upwards in this situation because it would create a heat reflection vortex that would very quickly insinerate your home and indeed all homes within a five mile radius of the blast site.
Resealable cheese packets on 09:24 - Nov 11 with 956 viewsMick_S

Resealable cheese packets on 09:22 - Nov 11 by BklynRanger

Great question Mick, a very good and valid query.

I've always assumed that the shiny side goes on the outside to provide reflective insulation when you're wrapping things up (e.g. broken cheese packets). Further in conjunction with that, the duller matt side is for putting face up when you're using it to cook stuff (e.g. toasted cheese with a nice bit of ham on top).

The shiny side cannot be placed upwards in this situation because it would create a heat reflection vortex that would very quickly insinerate your home and indeed all homes within a five mile radius of the blast site.

Fair play mate - you'd have job getting that on the side of the packet though.

Resealable cheese packets on 09:35 - Nov 11 with 950 viewsKonk

Resealable cheese packets on 09:24 - Nov 11 by Mick_S

Fair play mate - you'd have job getting that on the side of the packet though.

In the same way that American TV/Radio adverts for pharmaceutical drugs have to list all possible side effects (“May cause severe depression, and in some cases, suicide…”), I’d love to see a US Tin foil advert with Brooklyn’s precautionary advice. Would be great. Stick it on during the Superbowl.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024