Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retain / release 18:24 - Apr 25 with 8123 viewsyogibear_412

Don't care if it's not end of season or not in the "support the boys" camp. Wheels need to start turning soon for next season. Obv some can't be released with contracts - I understand that. Just looking at longer term goals.

Keepers - retain

Full backs - clear out - start again

Centre backs -

Williams - retain
Fernandez - back up retain
Amat - let him go he's wasted here
Bartley - release

Midfield -

Cork - release
Siggy - retain
Ki - release
Grimes - release
Montero - retain
Barrow - retain
Leon - retain as custodian of identity and values
Routledge - release
Fer - release
Emnes - release
Dyer - release

Strikers

Gomis - release
Eder - release
Poloschi - retain

Quite surprised at how many I'd be looking to move on.

Retain / release on 18:31 - Apr 25 with 4501 viewsdobjack2

Sorry but we can't afford to replace all of them with good quality replacements
Retain / release on 18:34 - Apr 25 with 4481 viewsmax936

Its gonna be a tall order with no scouting team of substance in place, apparently agents supply our recruitment list.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Retain / release on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 4467 viewsmax936

Apart from Cork and routs, there's a lot of merit in that list.

Retain / release on 18:40 - Apr 25 with 4450 viewsyogibear_412

Not saying we move them on straight away. Of course the list is unmanageable - but how many of these players are we going to keep long term say within a season or two?

missed out ayew - release doesn't fit our system
Retain / release on 18:40 - Apr 25 with 4448 viewslondonlisa2001

The biggest single job we have this summer is appointing a manager (very quickly) who has the ability to build a team. Very different job from making the most of players that he has. I have no idea whether Brendan is able to build a team at this level, or whether Bielsa does, or any of the other names that are mentioned.

But any player, however good, that doesn't fit into that team needs to go. Any player, even if they require development, that is able to fit into that team should stay. Until we know the manager and he knows what his vision is of the team he wants, style of play, formation etc, then it's almost impossible to say who should stay and go. Caveat - I can't think of any team where Taylor or Rangel would be a decent part of it, nor, it goes without saying, Gomis.
Retain / release on 18:51 - Apr 25 with 4409 viewsmax936

Retain / release on 18:40 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

The biggest single job we have this summer is appointing a manager (very quickly) who has the ability to build a team. Very different job from making the most of players that he has. I have no idea whether Brendan is able to build a team at this level, or whether Bielsa does, or any of the other names that are mentioned.

But any player, however good, that doesn't fit into that team needs to go. Any player, even if they require development, that is able to fit into that team should stay. Until we know the manager and he knows what his vision is of the team he wants, style of play, formation etc, then it's almost impossible to say who should stay and go. Caveat - I can't think of any team where Taylor or Rangel would be a decent part of it, nor, it goes without saying, Gomis.

According to some, Brendan is nailed on for the gig, I'm not so sure myself, I can't imagine him being that keen seeing the work that needs to be done here, it might be a funny thing to say, but the job of rebuilding this team might be to big a job for him anyway.

Retain / release on 18:53 - Apr 25 with 4396 viewsyescomeon

Just based on how many need to be moved on I would keep Grimes, Amat, Taylor, Rangel and Cork.

Upthecity!

Retain / release on 18:58 - Apr 25 with 4371 viewsyogibear_412

Retain / release on 18:53 - Apr 25 by yescomeon

Just based on how many need to be moved on I would keep Grimes, Amat, Taylor, Rangel and Cork.

Great to have the debate but:

Grimes is often on bench for Blackburn, Rangel and Taylor have had a torrid season. Like to keep Amat but the guy needs to play.

Cork is a funny one, tidy player but for the prem I just think he's limited.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 18:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Retain / release on 19:04 - Apr 25 with 4335 viewsSwanseaTID

Retain / release on 18:58 - Apr 25 by yogibear_412

Grimes is often on bench for Blackburn, Rangel and Taylor have had a torrid season. Like to keep Amat but the guy needs to play.

This point has been made on here before, but Barrow couldn't get into Blackburn's side either. Just a thought
Retain / release on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 4329 viewsmax936

Cork needs to play Defensive Midfielder not Centre Mid, given the DM role he'll be fine, Tonny Vilhena and or Joe for a box to box player, although we probably need a player of a bigger stature as well who is also good in the air, Vilhena and Joe are shorter busy players skilful yes, but probably a bit light weight think we need a bigger lad there especially with Siggy ahead of them, Fer ain't the answer unfortunately.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 19:35]

Retain / release on 19:09 - Apr 25 with 4315 viewsyescomeon

Like I said it is mostly due to the amount of players that need replacing. I think yeah full back is a priority but we aren't going to offload 4 fullbacks and buy 4 more. At right back we have no young player pushing for a place like Kingsley, therefore I would keep Rangel as backup, plus I think he might have something to offer as a coach in years to come, don't care if I never see Naughton in a swans shirt, not a prem player for me. Left back is more complicated we could keep one of Taylor or Tabanou and have Kingsley as back up, personally this is what I would do and I would go for Taylor, this would give more money to spend further up the pitch where I think the real problems are. Cork is limited but I see enough to keep him, especially if most of the rest of the midfield is to be offloaded. If Amat is happy to bide his time then we should take advantage of that, if a decent play is ok to wait his turn then that is good for us, we won't get a better back up centre half imo. Grimes, I'm not too fussed over, he is still young enough to develop more as a player and again midfield would be thread-bare if all the players you suggested above were released.

In short, the names I mentioned we should retain are more to do with lack of other options rather than them being too good to let go.

Upthecity!

Retain / release on 19:15 - Apr 25 with 4287 viewshammy

It's not really feasible to release / replace this many players.

I think we can basically maintain the Swansea style of play but need to bring in at least a Caulker-style centre back; more pace at full back / wing back and a decent passing midfielder that also likes to tackle, like Joe Allen.

If we quicken our passing game and keep the likes of Siggy, Montero, Barrow, Paloschi and Cork then I think we put a competitive team together.

If the US "investors" were to make available a few extra millions then we could look at a few more additions / replacements especially a striker.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Retain / release on 19:17 - Apr 25 with 4279 viewstomdickharry

Am sure the board whoever they are going to be would be more than delighted to release Gomis,unfortunately he has 2 years left on his contract and if the bucks are not right he will be here for 2 more seasons.
Retain / release on 19:19 - Apr 25 with 4258 viewsyescomeon

Retain / release on 19:17 - Apr 25 by tomdickharry

Am sure the board whoever they are going to be would be more than delighted to release Gomis,unfortunately he has 2 years left on his contract and if the bucks are not right he will be here for 2 more seasons.

God, that is depressing.

Upthecity!

Retain / release on 19:21 - Apr 25 with 4252 viewsBigPhilG

Retain / release on 19:17 - Apr 25 by tomdickharry

That thought makes me contemplating ending it all
Retain / release on 19:25 - Apr 25 with 4235 viewsPrivate_Partz

Retain / release on 18:31 - Apr 25 by dobjack2

Sorry but we can't afford to replace all of them with good quality replacements

This is correct. Also we don't know who the new manager will be and what will be his tactics. Players who have done it for us before don't suddenly become bad although ageing can have an effect. Similarly good players we have signed don't suddenly become bad because they have come to us. All good managers will look at the whole squad before making their decisions. Frankie is in the best position to do this but I would wager any new boss is going to check his squad out first before showing a player the door.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Retain / release on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 4233 viewsyescomeon

We've gone and done that thing that clubs do that get relegated haven't we. Spent loads of money on gash players that we can't get rid of...

Upthecity!

Retain / release on 19:39 - Apr 25 with 4179 viewsEasternJack

Realistically, I expect us to:

Sell: Dyer, Eder, Ki, Tabanou and Ayew
Buy: CB, RB, LB, Winger

Would like to see another midfielder come in, but I can't see us bringing in more than 4. Outside chance we keep Dyer.

A lot depends on who the manager is - I suspect Bielsa would demand a clear out, Rogers less so.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Retain / release on 19:44 - Apr 25 with 4162 viewsmax936

Retain / release on 19:39 - Apr 25 by EasternJack

Realistically, I expect us to:

Sell: Dyer, Eder, Ki, Tabanou and Ayew
Buy: CB, RB, LB, Winger

Would like to see another midfielder come in, but I can't see us bringing in more than 4. Outside chance we keep Dyer.

A lot depends on who the manager is - I suspect Bielsa would demand a clear out, Rogers less so.

Well if we don't get Centre Midfielders and a Striker in our goose is cooked.

Retain / release on 19:48 - Apr 25 with 4148 viewsPrivate_Partz

Retain / release on 19:27 - Apr 25 by yescomeon

We've gone and done that thing that clubs do that get relegated haven't we. Spent loads of money on gash players that we can't get rid of...

I would prefer to say that they were players that did not add to the squad rather than just being gash. Also we did not shell out loads as a panic in the January window like a few others have. So credit is due there. These were signed at the start of the season with the best of intentions albeit by a complete rookie manger and a Board with their eye off the ball as a result of complacency.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Retain / release on 19:49 - Apr 25 with 4143 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would keep Emnes as his wages are not very high and he can cover 3 positions, assuming he would want to stay and not play most of the time.
Retain / release on 19:53 - Apr 25 with 4122 viewsWarwickHunt

Retain / release on 19:49 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I would keep Emnes as his wages are not very high and he can cover 3 positions, assuming he would want to stay and not play most of the time.

Unfortunately, all three positions are on his arse.
Retain / release on 19:55 - Apr 25 with 4116 viewsPrivate_Partz

Retain / release on 19:49 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I always feel sorry for Marvin as he has always put in a good shift when he gets a rare appearance. Sadly I doubt there is a future for him here though as he seems to have been ignored by successive managers. I wish him well for the rest of his career. An exciting player who can turn a game but unfortunately never had a decent shout here.

Retain / release on 20:11 - Apr 25 with 4064 viewsyescomeon

Retain / release on 19:48 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

I would prefer to say that they were players that did not add to the squad rather than just being gash. Also we did not shell out loads as a panic in the January window like a few others have. So credit is due there. These were signed at the start of the season with the best of intentions albeit by a complete rookie manger and a Board with their eye off the ball as a result of complacency.

Cheers mate, I think I had a mini crisis there just then. It's moved elsewhere now after reading the referendum thread on the non-football board.

Upthecity!

Retain / release on 21:07 - Apr 25 with 3936 viewsMatlock_Jack

Don't care if it's not end of season or not in the "support the boys" camp. Wheels need to start turning soon for next season. Obv some can't be released with contracts - I understand that. Just looking at longer term goals.

Keepers - retain

Full backs - clear out - start again

Centre backs -

Williams - retain
Fernandez - back up retain
Amat - let him go he's wasted here
Bartley - release

Midfield -

Cork - release
Siggy - retain
Ki - release
Grimes - release
Montero - retain
Barrow - retain
Leon - retain as custodian of identity and values
Routledge - release
Fer - release
Emnes - release
Dyer - release

Strikers

Gomis - release
Eder - release
Poloschi - retain

Quite surprised at how many I'd be looking to move on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Response: Disagree about Williams and Fernandez, but Bartley can leave straightaway. I imagine he wont be short of offers IF he's released.

I'd be inclined to release Britton, but keep KI and also Emnes (back up purely). Not sure what keeping Barrow will bring us either, TBH, although Gomis and Eder can go.

It's all just supporter speculation at this stage.

When is the retained list announced?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 21:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024