Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live 14:20 - Feb 19 with 10972 viewsenfieldargh

I always thought my first qpr game I went to was V Plymouth Argyle boxing Day 1968.

My sister popped over last weekend and while looking through old diaries saw an entry saying that I went to QPR V Portsmouth 16th December 1967

First goalscorer Ian Morgan in a 2-0 victory(Mike Keen scored the other)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:04 - Feb 19 with 2295 viewsAitch

2nd of April 1980 against chelscum at The Bridge. 2-0 to the Superhoops, Martyn Busby I think was the first scorer but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone have any links to sites that have goal scorers as well as results?

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:14 - Feb 19 with 2288 viewskensalriser

Am I really the first to say Stan Bowles?

Not 100% certain as I can't find anything to verify, but it was Ipswich 2-1 QPR, April 1975.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:24 - Feb 19 with 2274 viewsRamseyR

Ian Gillard in the third minute against West Brom - 1-0 at home. about 1976/77. I was sat in SAR
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:40 - Feb 19 with 2254 viewsWalnut

Don Givens for me too, Leeds home 7475, lashed one in at the Loft end
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 2241 viewsterryb

Like the OP, the goalscorers were Ian Morgan & Mike Keen (from memory) but I don't remember which one scored first.

First home game of the 67-68 season at home to Norwich.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 2224 viewsLblock

I'm not entirely sure.
It could've been Terry Fenwick but the one I know for sure was Leroy Rosenoir at the School End v Liverpool. It was my first time in the paddock and possibly the ground ever. Leroy scored and it was chaos as the scousers had the last bit of terrace seperate X by a line of white tape and a line of coppers.
Kicked right off with surges, fists and all sorts flying with people losing trainers etc

I was hooked for life

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:36 - Feb 19 with 2203 viewsnewgolddream

Wayne Fereday v Liverpool at Anfield in September 1984.
John Byrne v Sunderland at Loftus Road in February 1985.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 2198 viewsHantsR

If it was v Plymouth then surely it had to be in 1967/68 season, in which case the Boxing Day fixture was a 1-0 win away at home Park and the return match on 30/12/67 was the first QPR game I took my Dad to ( his dad had been a director of Plymouth Argyle) - he switched allegiance that day after a 4-1 home win. I remember Keen scoring twice, once from a free kick at the Loft end - I thought Rodney got the other two?

My first live game was at Palarse away that season ( no Rodney and a 1-0 defeat) but a 3-1 home win v Millwall in Oct 1967 produced my first live goal scorers - I think Roger Morgan but can't remember the other two?
Login to get fewer ads

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:53 - Feb 19 with 2193 viewsenfieldargh

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:04 - Feb 19 by Aitch

2nd of April 1980 against chelscum at The Bridge. 2-0 to the Superhoops, Martyn Busby I think was the first scorer but I'm not 100% sure.

He must have been a late substitute...the one and only Steve Burke!!!!

captains fantastic

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:54 - Feb 19 with 2192 viewsstansleftfoot

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 16:22 - Feb 19 by rongould

Billy McEwan 6th September 1947

We beat Northampton 2-0

That season was our first ever promotion,from Division 3 South to the 2nd Division.

Respect!!!!
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:03 - Feb 19 with 2189 viewsSimonJames

Jan 1979 - away at Norwich (just up the road from where I was living at the time).
Jerry Francis equalised in the 90th minute... but we still got relegated

100% of people who drink water will die.

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:04 - Feb 19 with 2189 viewsenfieldargh

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:50 - Feb 19 by HantsR

If it was v Plymouth then surely it had to be in 1967/68 season, in which case the Boxing Day fixture was a 1-0 win away at home Park and the return match on 30/12/67 was the first QPR game I took my Dad to ( his dad had been a director of Plymouth Argyle) - he switched allegiance that day after a 4-1 home win. I remember Keen scoring twice, once from a free kick at the Loft end - I thought Rodney got the other two?

My first live game was at Palarse away that season ( no Rodney and a 1-0 defeat) but a 3-1 home win v Millwall in Oct 1967 produced my first live goal scorers - I think Roger Morgan but can't remember the other two?

typo, I meant 1967.

I used the QPR complete record book and in those days Boxing day game and the following match were the reverse fixtures and looked up the the wrong one.

I dont remember the game at all only that Plymouth wore bright green(as normal) which looked weird as I thought all teams played in black or White and we arrived late and sat in the Ellerslie Road stand.

Rodney scored the other two and we were part of a 15,889 attendance. (I am looking this stuff up as I cant remember what I did yesterday let alone 48 years ago!

captains fantastic

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 2171 viewsRangersDave

1966, no idea myself as I wasn't really cogent then, but my dad tells me it was Rodders at HQ.
Not checked up in the almanac yet, so can't prove either way

Mind you, not adverse to some b.s. To help him along he once told me Muriel Pavlov could have been my mum if he hadn't stood her up, after asking her out and she accepting.

Trouble was, dad, she was already happily married when you asked her........ You slaaaaaaag!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 2168 viewsPinnerPaul

I was at the 1967 cup final and that's the first game I can remember, so our first goal there would be my first.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:40 - Feb 19 with 2158 viewsloftus77

Don Givens for me too - there's a theme here..

Rangers v Liverpool - May 1977. Jimmy Case equalised for them.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:52 - Feb 19 with 1672 viewsCamberleyR

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 17:04 - Feb 19 by Aitch

I was at that game too. It was one of my presents as it was my 15th birthday two days earlier. Me and my Dad went up with one of his workmates and his son who were both filth fans, sat in the East Stand. The filth, missed out on promotion by goal difference that season.

The qprnet.com site has a great stats section with a database of spreadsheets that have the season's squads and the results, scorers and Rangers teams of every match that particular season from 1899-00 to the present day.

http://qprnet.com/index.php/features2/seasonal-stats/38-seasonal-files
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 20:16]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 20:15 - Feb 19 with 1657 viewsHollowayRanger

7/2/84 QPR V wet spam

1-1

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 20:31 - Feb 19 with 1634 viewsRoller

Dave Thomas, Highbury, October 1976

Great match, Phil Parkes got injured and Dave Webb ended up in goal - we lost 3 - 2.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 20:53 - Feb 19 with 1616 viewspaulparker

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 18:05 - Feb 19 by Lblock

I'm not entirely sure.
It could've been Terry Fenwick but the one I know for sure was Leroy Rosenoir at the School End v Liverpool. It was my first time in the paddock and possibly the ground ever. Leroy scored and it was chaos as the scousers had the last bit of terrace seperate X by a line of white tape and a line of coppers.
Kicked right off with surges, fists and all sorts flying with people losing trainers etc

I was hooked for life

Was that the game we beat them 2-1 in 85/86 ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 21:33 - Feb 19 with 1566 viewsRSoul

Should have been David Pizanti wonder strike in the fa cup 88, but my dad made us leave. Still not forgiven him for that. What made it worse, my previous games went something like this 0-3, 0-2, 0-3, 0-0, 0-0.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsNordicR

Andy Thomson against Stoke in 2001.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 21:46 - Feb 19 with 1548 viewsWestonsuperR

Fenwick, 1st leg Milk Cup semi in 86, QPR 1v0 Liverpool.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 22:22 - Feb 19 with 1521 viewsHendonHoop

Yes. You are right hantsr that must be the game as it was 4-1 to the Rangers.
First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 1453 viewsAitch

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 19:52 - Feb 19 by CamberleyR

I was at that game too. It was one of my presents as it was my 15th birthday two days earlier. Me and my Dad went up with one of his workmates and his son who were both filth fans, sat in the East Stand. The filth, missed out on promotion by goal difference that season.

The qprnet.com site has a great stats section with a database of spreadsheets that have the season's squads and the results, scorers and Rangers teams of every match that particular season from 1899-00 to the present day.

http://qprnet.com/index.php/features2/seasonal-stats/38-seasonal-files
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 20:16]

Thanks I'll give that link a look.

'Twas a bit tasty in the ground that night as I recall!

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

First QPR goal scorer you ever saw live on 00:30 - Feb 20 with 1440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rodney.

Jan 22nd 1972. I was eighteen months old, and my Dad was already bringing my big brother but brought me as well for my Loftus Road bow.

We won 4-2 against Oxford. Rodney obliged me with two, Frank Saul and Mick Leach nabbed one apiece.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024