Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We buy any car 11:16 - Dec 7 with 2452 viewsMancR

Keep hearing and seeing these annoying and frankly misleading adverts.
Yes its a very convenient service but at a huge cost. They may save some money against a trade in but not even close against a private sale.
They offered me £1700 for a car that the first person to view gave me £3000 for.
If you are a honest seller with a good/honest car to sell I wouldn't go near them unless you like chucking money away.
We buy any car on 11:30 - Dec 7 with 2422 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I wonder if they'd buy my neighbour's off me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

We buy any car on 11:37 - Dec 7 with 2405 viewsNorthernr

Yeh it's an interesting one isn't it. Few years back before I moved to London my chavtastic Seat Ibiza (fcking loved it, went like stink, top of the range) stopped responding positively to have the ars thrashed out of it for 90 minutes every day and basically packed in altogether. Garage man said he'd never seen an engine like it on a three year old car

So needed a replacement run around, cheap, and ended up part exing it for a new Corsa at £6,500 - 6 months old, used as the test drive car at the garage. Hated the thing, lawnmower engine in a car that weighed the same as a tank. 0-60 in a day and a half. Moved to London after having the car for nearly a year, sat on my driveway here for the first six months and went out on about three occasions to sainsburys. When it came up for tax and all that I decided it wasn't worth it so wanted rid of it.

WBAC offered me 5k for it online, which I didn't think was that bad actually. Now 2 years old, fcking sht car that I hated, only £1,500 less than I'd paid originally paid 18 months before, I was quite happy with that. Took it down and it was actually a QPR fan who knew me off here working for them. He did the usual, walked around, picked up a couple of scratches etc and said they'd only offer me £3,900 for it following the inspection. I said I'd take it away and sell it myself in that case but after a bit of bartering I ended up getting £4,999 for it (over £5k and there's an extra £50 service charge apparently).

So it was quick, money was with me within a day, it was easy, no need to go few hassle of viewings and advertising, and I was happy with the price in the end. They're probably profiting off people like me being lazy more than anything, and people being too meek to say no when they try and knock down their original offer during the inspection.

This post has been edited by an administrator
We buy any car on 12:07 - Dec 7 with 2344 viewsEastR

in the absence of a We Sell any Car dot com - what do they do with all the cars they buy?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

We buy any car on 12:07 - Dec 7 with 2337 viewsDWQPR

People need to understand that they are competed directly against the car trade and not against private sales. The prices that they offer do compare well against the trade, especially like me when you change your car every three years or so. Gives you good bargaining power against the car showroom either by showing them what you could get for your car, or providing you with cash towards your next purchase. They will tyre kick like everyone else, but if you stand firm then you will get your price.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

We buy any car on 12:25 - Dec 7 with 2278 viewsMytch_QPR

We buy any car on 12:07 - Dec 7 by EastR

in the absence of a We Sell any Car dot com - what do they do with all the cars they buy?

They go to auction. Apparently, there are some there that sell below the price they paid, but most obviously go at a profit. WBAC is owned by BCA (British Car Auctions).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

We buy any car on 16:10 - Dec 7 with 2062 viewsToast_R

If you can really be arsed and you know what your doing, there's decent money in keeping a heap dismantling it bit by bit and selling the parts on ebay. Be surprised what someone might pay for a Fiat Punto rear light casing or a door skin, when all you'd get is a score off a scrap collector for the whole car.
We buy any car on 16:59 - Dec 7 with 1987 viewsMrNITK

I guess it depends on who your P/X ing to. It's a bit of boll0cks what they say, you'd be surprised there's plenty of dealers who'd offer the same if not more than WBAC.
We buy any car on 17:11 - Dec 7 with 1964 viewsJuzzie

We buy any car on 16:10 - Dec 7 by Toast_R

If you can really be arsed and you know what your doing, there's decent money in keeping a heap dismantling it bit by bit and selling the parts on ebay. Be surprised what someone might pay for a Fiat Punto rear light casing or a door skin, when all you'd get is a score off a scrap collector for the whole car.

Spare parts can be good business if you have the time, space and inclination. Same with bikes too.

Dealers have been known to buy bikes brand new and strip them down and sell them as new spares.

MCN did a test quite a few years ago where they costed up (a Suzuki GSXR I think) a bike built from spares and it came in at 8 times the price.

As far a WBAC, fine if you want a quick sale and happy to take a big loss. When I sold my Pajero 18 months ago I gave them a try just to see. They offered me £500 for a car worth four times that. The wheels and tyres alone were worth £500.
Sold privately for £1800 via fleabay.
Login to get fewer ads

We buy any car on 23:12 - Dec 7 with 1746 viewsMancR

That's my point juzzie, I don't mind a bit of a hit for the convenience but 1300!! It really was no bother using autotrader ( cost about £50)
Suppose it depends how much you value your time and no one has ever offered me an hourly rate approaching £650 which is what it would have worked out at !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024