Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pablo and Michu 19:05 - Mar 19 with 3186 viewsLiam12345

Any ideas how anyone thinks we could play both in a CAM role? how abouts,

------------------Vorm------------------
-----------Chico----Williams-----------
-Rangel------------------------Davies-
-----------------Briton------------------
--Dyer---------------------Routledge--
-------------Michu--Pablo-------------
-------------------Bony-----------------

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Pablo and Michu on 18:55 - Mar 20 with 531 viewsJokeren1943

Pablo and Michu on 15:42 - Mar 20 by karnataka

Could I ask you why you would put Canas in the team ahead of both Leon & deGuz? These guys are the oil in our machine and we are a more fluid team when one or the other, or even both, are in the side. Also, over the past 6 weeks or so, de Guzman has been our best goalscorer. If you only have room for 1 of the 3, Canas would be my 3rd choice. I'm not saying you're wrong because I'm sure you have your reasons but I don't get it.

Because I think Shelvey is a way better defensive player (and make Swansea lethal with shoots from outside the box). Our main problem (as I see it) is that our central/defensive midfield is too weak. Waste majority of goal scored on Swansea are counterattacks.

Too me I tend to think Canas is just abit better defensive midfielder then Britton (when said, both are very capable players).

But agree Guzman has been outstanding the last couple of weeks (partly with his rushes inside the box - but with Michu returning that is not so important anymore).

But their is just something about the balance on the Swansea team which do not work.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 20:04]
Pablo and Michu on 21:10 - Mar 20 with 487 viewskarnataka

Pablo and Michu on 18:55 - Mar 20 by Jokeren1943

Because I think Shelvey is a way better defensive player (and make Swansea lethal with shoots from outside the box). Our main problem (as I see it) is that our central/defensive midfield is too weak. Waste majority of goal scored on Swansea are counterattacks.

Too me I tend to think Canas is just abit better defensive midfielder then Britton (when said, both are very capable players).

But agree Guzman has been outstanding the last couple of weeks (partly with his rushes inside the box - but with Michu returning that is not so important anymore).

But their is just something about the balance on the Swansea team which do not work.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 20:04]

Ok, I can see what you mean but surely our team strength is passing and my only problem with Canas is his passing. He's stronger than Britton & JdG but he is far more likely to give the ball away than either.

I'm not saying the result was all his fault but against West Brom, in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, Canas gave the ball away very cheaply 2 or 3 times around the edge of our box which meant that instead of having periods of possession which would have pushed West Brom out of our half, we were under constant pressure for the entire 5 minutes which resulted in them scoring and the whole dynamic and momentum of the match changed. I don't see Shelvey being disciplined enough to play defensive midfield so if Canas was our only defensive midfielder, I'm sorry, I can see only us being overrun in midfield and our defence vulnerable without much cover in front of them.

I should point out that I'm not anti-Canas and thought he had a good first half against WBA, I just don't think we function as well without either Leon or JdG in there somewhere.
Pablo and Michu on 07:22 - Mar 21 with 453 viewsJokeren1943

Pablo and Michu on 21:10 - Mar 20 by karnataka

Ok, I can see what you mean but surely our team strength is passing and my only problem with Canas is his passing. He's stronger than Britton & JdG but he is far more likely to give the ball away than either.

I'm not saying the result was all his fault but against West Brom, in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, Canas gave the ball away very cheaply 2 or 3 times around the edge of our box which meant that instead of having periods of possession which would have pushed West Brom out of our half, we were under constant pressure for the entire 5 minutes which resulted in them scoring and the whole dynamic and momentum of the match changed. I don't see Shelvey being disciplined enough to play defensive midfield so if Canas was our only defensive midfielder, I'm sorry, I can see only us being overrun in midfield and our defence vulnerable without much cover in front of them.

I should point out that I'm not anti-Canas and thought he had a good first half against WBA, I just don't think we function as well without either Leon or JdG in there somewhere.

The major advantage with Guzman is that he is extremely reliable, and he general allways perform above average. He never panics and is allways one step ahead. But as I tend to think our major problem is defending against all those counterattack goals, Guzman is a weak defender.

The major problem with Shelvey is his consistency. But when you consider the lack of matchs he got in Liverpool it is clear with a good run with 50 games in a season he will become outstanding.

And then I would spent 10 million on a strong, intelligent and most important fast defensive midfielder (a type like Okore in Villa will be perfect). It will help us enormously - Michu will not tend to drop so deep and it will give Pablo time to focus on his offensive duties.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 7:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024