Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? 10:40 - Apr 7 with 1657 viewsNinco

As there are currently family season tickets available, and the kids that do pay are paying a reduced rate, the club can't be making a great deal of money from kids ticket sales. Wouldn't it be a good idea for all matches to be free for kids? I know the ciub would lose revenue, but if it's free, the kids who do go would probably bring loads of mates with them and kids who don't go might decide to start going.

I know there are schemes for schools, but that just gives them one free ticket and if they go, and it's a bad game, we will never see them again. Surely if they go every week because it's free, a percentage of them will keep going when they become adults meaning that the gates will increase and a few years down the line, the club will claw back that lost money through increased adult season ticket sales.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 1622 viewspedrodale

Any one who gets the oppertunity to take their grandchildren or nephews/nieces to a game is in for a shock at £12 for a childs ticket.
Even the kids season ticket is too expensive and most cant go to night matches during term time.
I think it needs a serious reduction in the price of childrens tickets to secure the long term future of the club.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 12:14 - Apr 7 with 1571 viewsashes

Agreed totally. I have to pay 90 this season for my son. For the same age at oldham its 10. Get them fans now and they stay for life.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 1567 viewszxcvbnm

kids for a quid every match - easy

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 1556 viewsmacaroo

I quite like the idea that some clubs run were a junior season ticket is £46 but you get £2 back for every game you attend. The chances are the £2 would be spent inside the ground and the kids get more of an incentive to attend games.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 13:42 - Apr 7 with 1497 viewsD_Alien

Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 12:18 - Apr 7 by macaroo

I quite like the idea that some clubs run were a junior season ticket is £46 but you get £2 back for every game you attend. The chances are the £2 would be spent inside the ground and the kids get more of an incentive to attend games.

Brilliant idea.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 14:06 - Apr 7 with 1458 viewsValleySaddler

Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 12:18 - Apr 7 by macaroo

Walsall have done this for a couple of seasons now and it has worked quite well.
As said above the chances that the two pound back will be spent in the ground are high.
Also if the kids dont attend then at least the club retain a little bit of money.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 16:05 - Apr 7 with 1386 viewsdalenumber2

I agree that something along those lines would definitely be worth a try. I think that a season ticket for under 16s for a tenner would encourage the kids to come to most/all games in a season, hopefully getting them 'hooked' and going on to becoming regulars as adults. I like the idea of £46 and £2 back per game too. We really need to try some good marketing ideas like this.
Is It Worth The Club Forfeiting The Revenue From Kids? on 05:19 - Apr 8 with 1274 viewsnumber30

I like the idea of a cheaper ticket with rewards for every match attended. How about instead of giving the kids £2 back for every game attended, give them £2 credit off their next season ticket. So attend 20 games, 20x£2=£40 off the next years season ticket therefore they only pay £6 the next year. This credit could also be used the following year if they no longer qualify for a kids season ticket but instead it is used as a discount off their 1st adult ticket. This lessens the financial burden of the 1st adult season ticket but also encourages them to continue with their support.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024