Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on today 17:50 - Sep 1 with 2005 viewsMoonyDale

Same line up as last week apart from BBM in for Cav, first 10 or 15 minutes we were not at the races at all with some missed passes and they played some nice touch football with no end product, a bit like us some commented....Our first was a good finish from Grimes after getting the ball wellied at him from a free kick , he controlled it well and slotted it past the keeper, from then we pretty much controlled the rest of the half and a second from Adebola after it came off the post from a Donnelly shot, a few of us thought it went straight in off the post so maybe someone in the TDS could confirm the scorer. Second half started pretty much as the first did with them spreading the ball about without ever looking like scoring, some good work from Adebola saw his shot come off the keepers legs and away when it looked for all the world like he would score....Thought Grimes did well today, fought hard all over the pitch and got the goal he deserved...man of the match was given to Tutte but whoever gave out the award today must have been watching a different game, thought he had a quiet match by his standards and I would have given the award to Dele, he did the simple things really well, some nice touches and lay off's with some neat football at times, big and strong today and was fouled constantly, Grant looked speedy when he came on and Putterill always looks dangerous when he comes on, all in all a good 3 pts and a clean sheet will do wonders for the confidence, roll on Tuesday night and well done to the lads today....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Thoughts on today on 17:53 - Sep 1 with 1967 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Can we keep Tutte as captain as cava kept giving the to torquay last game bet it were alot better football aswell today compared to saturday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Thoughts on today on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 1950 viewsjimmysbaldhead

The second was indeed Adebola but the post was not involved it was a cross turned in by the big man.
Thoughts on today on 17:57 - Sep 1 with 1944 viewsMoonyDale

Thoughts on today on 17:56 - Sep 1 by jimmysbaldhead

The second was indeed Adebola but the post was not involved it was a cross turned in by the big man.

Thanks for that, couldn't see from the sandy...

Thoughts on today on 18:02 - Sep 1 with 1911 viewssweetcorn

Thoughts on today on 17:53 - Sep 1 by DaleAwaydayBot

Can we keep Tutte as captain as cava kept giving the to torquay last game bet it were alot better football aswell today compared to saturday

Great logic, because cav had one bad game, we should strip him of the captaincy. Seriously what planet do you live on, i'm actually concerned for your welfare, hope you don't live alone.

If your logic was applied last season, Jones would have lost the captaincy after 3 games and never got it back!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Thoughts on today on 18:06 - Sep 1 with 1890 viewsMoonyDale

Thoughts on today on 18:02 - Sep 1 by sweetcorn

Great logic, because cav had one bad game, we should strip him of the captaincy. Seriously what planet do you live on, i'm actually concerned for your welfare, hope you don't live alone.

If your logic was applied last season, Jones would have lost the captaincy after 3 games and never got it back!

Looking back on last season that might not have been a bad thing..

Thoughts on today on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 1885 viewssweetcorn

Thoughts on today on 18:06 - Sep 1 by MoonyDale

Looking back on last season that might not have been a bad thing..

He was still a good leader, despite his performances. Would happily still have him here.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Thoughts on today on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 1822 viewsColDale

first time since Hill was in charge that we've got more points than games played
Thoughts on today on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 1799 viewsusername

I would have given Man of the Match to Pearson. He looked pretty solid today and defended well
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on today on 18:25 - Sep 1 with 1791 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thoughts on today on 18:19 - Sep 1 by ColDale

first time since Hill was in charge that we've got more points than games played

I was thinking along similar lines as I plodded back down Sandy Lane at 1705 hrs!

Watch us go now!
Thoughts on today on 18:50 - Sep 1 with 1712 viewsColDale

to put today into context, you have to think back 12 months to the day when we were destroyed by a Stevenage side and we looked like a side that was set for back to back relegations. No one is ever going to claim that today was fantastic entertainment, but we had so many of the qualities that were lacking last season. We were hard to beat and we never looked like conceding, and it has been a long whole since we could play out a game with any confidence.

Thoughts on today on 18:50 - Sep 1 with 1709 viewsSuddenLad

Thoughts on today on 18:23 - Sep 1 by username

I would have given Man of the Match to Pearson. He looked pretty solid today and defended well

Some of his distribution in the 1st half was woeful.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Thoughts on today on 18:59 - Sep 1 with 1662 viewsmacaroo

Grimes should have had 2 today. His header that hit the post today is the 2nd free header he has missed in virtually the same spot!
Thoughts on today on 19:01 - Sep 1 with 1650 viewsphomem

Should have had a penalty excellent basketball move by barnet centre back might as well have caught the ball
Thoughts on today on 19:03 - Sep 1 with 1636 viewsClingers

We did exactly what was reasonably expected of us today..nothing more and nothing less. Three points against Burton next week (which we should be targeting) and it looks like a solid start to the season.
Thoughts on today on 19:06 - Sep 1 with 1614 viewsYouTubeDale

More than anything else it was a confidence booster today. Three deserved points against a poor Barnet, who from that performance look doomed. Some of the touches by Grimes were sublime. His header hit the post early on and deserved to go in. With both Grimes and Dele scoring both could be given a confidence boost going forward. Bobby did look sharp and strong. I could see a good partnership developing with him a Dele. If we can keep Dele on for 90 mins as today then we will always have a chance of scoring.
It will be very interesting on Tuesday now. Hopefully, a good crowd with the low price of £5 for an adult.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Thoughts on today on 19:06 - Sep 1 with 1611 viewsBartRowou

Pearson has definitely got something. It would be very easy to highlight his mistakes but if people keep off his back, he'll be more Wiseman than Copeland.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Thoughts on today on 19:32 - Sep 1 with 1542 viewsTVOS1907

Thoughts on today on 19:06 - Sep 1 by BartRowou

Pearson has definitely got something. It would be very easy to highlight his mistakes but if people keep off his back, he'll be more Wiseman than Copeland.

And it was his run and cross that created the second goal.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Thoughts on today on 19:41 - Sep 1 with 1508 viewsDaley_Lama

Thoughts on today...

...its going to be a long hard season for Barnet.

No real threat up front and very fragile at the back. Midfield fought hard.

Poll: DF in or out

Thoughts on today on 20:47 - Sep 1 with 1358 viewsBeechball

Thoughts on today on 18:50 - Sep 1 by ColDale

to put today into context, you have to think back 12 months to the day when we were destroyed by a Stevenage side and we looked like a side that was set for back to back relegations. No one is ever going to claim that today was fantastic entertainment, but we had so many of the qualities that were lacking last season. We were hard to beat and we never looked like conceding, and it has been a long whole since we could play out a game with any confidence.

Agree to some extent but we gave Barnet some good chances which they wasted. Our marking could definitely be improved.
Thoughts on today on 23:48 - Sep 1 with 1141 viewsShun

Thoughts on today on 18:23 - Sep 1 by username

Agreed. I thought both full backs were fantastic today.
Thoughts on today on 08:50 - Sep 2 with 1050 viewsfitzochris

Thoughts on today on 18:50 - Sep 1 by ColDale

This.

Although we need to remember the opposition was poor.

I'd like to see us maintain that performance against a better side, but we look okay. Plus, yesterday's win was effectively without input from Grant, so we still have that element to throw in from the start, too.

I'd much rather a victory against Burton than Fleetwood over the next week. I know some feel the JPT is a good chance for silverware, but the league will always be top priority for me. Might be a good opportunity for JC to risk something a bit different on Tuesday, to see if he can develop an effective Plan B going forward.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Thoughts on today on 12:54 - Sep 2 with 918 viewsaleanddale

Very poor Barnet side but you can only beat what is put in front of you.

Grimes header that hit the post looked in all the way. Hopeful its 3rd time lucky next week v Burton.

A huge slice of luck for our first goal as the freekick was a shot that cannoned of the legs of the defender in the wall. It could have gone anywhere but fell to Grimes who tucked it away.

The second was some excellent work by Pearson on the right and his shot cannoned again of a defender and Dele did very well indeed to get on the end of it.

Second half Dele sublime run should have been finished off but a tame shot at the keeper.

all in all the important thing is 2 goals from our 2 forwards a clean sheet and we look to be improving with every 90 minutes.

just need to be a bit more direct in the final 3rd and get more shots on target. Several chances yesterday blazed over the bar or wide. when we find that ruthless clinical streak i do think somebody will get a hiding off us.

Fingers crossed its Burton next week.
Thoughts on today on 13:14 - Sep 2 with 883 viewsmikehunt

Barnet hit the bar from a wayward cross and didn't,t they miss a free header near the end? They closed us down quick and it is always difficult to play against teams like that.
We had a bread and butter win that didn't really answer any questions. Our goals seemed fortunate in so far as the opportunities arose from seemingly mishit shots. My concern is that we didnt really trouble their keeper from our build up play. consequently that game could have been nil nil.
But don't want to be overly negative. As people have already stated we have come a long way since last season. A buzzing Cav should make a difference as will stringing a few results together.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Thoughts on today on 14:26 - Sep 2 with 838 viewsfitzochris

Thoughts on today on 13:14 - Sep 2 by mikehunt

Barnet hit the bar from a wayward cross and didn't,t they miss a free header near the end? They closed us down quick and it is always difficult to play against teams like that.
We had a bread and butter win that didn't really answer any questions. Our goals seemed fortunate in so far as the opportunities arose from seemingly mishit shots. My concern is that we didnt really trouble their keeper from our build up play. consequently that game could have been nil nil.
But don't want to be overly negative. As people have already stated we have come a long way since last season. A buzzing Cav should make a difference as will stringing a few results together.

I think it was Hyde who missed the easy chance for them. But yeah, you're right, they could easily have scored from those chances.

I'm sure once JC has a shot at mixing things up a little from game to game we'll start to test opposition keepers a lot more.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024