Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman's Dale Player Comments 20:33 - Aug 11 with 4742 viewsSalwaDale

To paraphrase:

We were awful, atrocious and absolutely no positives. Defending was awful, keeper useless and Grimes and Curran wasted the best chances of the game.

Not a happy man.

TBBT

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 20:34 - Aug 11 with 3353 viewsmightydale

thats a bit harsh

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 20:39 - Aug 11 with 3309 viewsphomem

High standards or that's the version he's giving the press and different things were said behind closed doors
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 20:57 - Aug 11 with 3243 viewswmgunit

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 20:39 - Aug 11 by phomem

High standards or that's the version he's giving the press and different things were said behind closed doors

Awful is excessively harsh. There were definately some encouragimg patches of play, particularly in the first 20 minutes. However, some of the defending and finishing was poor.

Lillis had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. Edwards was too tight and turned easily for the second goal. Cywka ghosted through the defence too easily for Dagnall's second. The defence was cut open for Dagnall's first, but I will give them the enefit of the doubt and say it was a Championship quality pass which did it rather than poor defending.

I just hope that the majority of these goals can be put down to a lack of organisation and commuication as the defence get to know each other. Edwards certainly looks like a great tackler, the defence as a unit just needs to improve.

Coleman's right that both Grimes and Currans' headers were sitters.

Overall, plenty to be encouraged by but also much room for improvement.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 21:03 - Aug 11 with 3207 views442Dale

Trying to put aside the awful bit, his assessment of the other parts of the game are brutally honest and hard to argue with (when considering individual aspects of the game).

Much has been made of how close this squad is and they will have all bought into the manager's methods. We might not be used to it, but these assessments may be necessary. Time will tell.

Not surprised with this either, he was fuming coming off the pitch, stormed down the tunnel and didn't really acknowledge the crowd as he usually does.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 21:08 - Aug 11 with 3182 viewsClivert

He's right about Lilis though, at least we know what he capable of! Plenty of positives on the pitch today, all the grumpy so and sos who stayed away missed out on a treat of a game.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 21:09 - Aug 11 with 3175 viewsKPDale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 20:34 - Aug 11 by mightydale

thats a bit harsh

I would say it is harsh though comments on Lillis and GRimes are honest (and correct), we did not reach the standard we achieved against Burnley and when they went down to 10 we lost our composure, pushing for a quick goal.

On a positive ( and I did not believe it would be so) Cavanagh is an improvement on Jonah, the defence to a man is better (centre back Edwards looks great) , Dele holds the ball up well, Tutte is vastly improved, Kennedy solid as always,George is a grafter (as are all Colemans additions), Craney and Putteril get better every game, new forward looked sharp and only disappointments to date have been Lillis flapping and Grimes only occasionally matching the graft of every one else and today disappointed in his main strength finishing.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 23:39 - Aug 11 with 2971 viewsShun

Very harsh indeed, but if that was awful then it bodes well for the season ahead!
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 23:57 - Aug 11 with 2937 views442Dale

Comments from both managers:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7983662/

Login to get fewer ads

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 01:04 - Aug 12 with 2860 viewsTVOS1907

Just watched the interview; I can't recall JC using the word "awful", but he did say "at times we played appallingly", which is slightly different.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 08:26 - Aug 12 with 2741 viewsThe_DJ

Thought we played well until they went down to 10.

Barnsley changed to 4-4-1 with one of their midfield 4 always breaking ahead of the lone striker.
What did Coleman do ?
Keep the same bloody formation.

Lets add clueless to the aftermatch comments.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:00 - Aug 12 with 2498 viewsAtThePeake

For me, defensively we were very poor. I understand it was against a Championship side but the goals would have been scored by League 2 teams, because they were gifts from us. Not quite sure how Edwards got man of the match, in my opinion he was the worst player in a Dale shirt yesterday.

However, I think Coleman should take a share of the blame. Barnsley packed the midfield and played through Perkins in CM as soon as the 2nd half kicked off. By the time Coleman reacted to this it was too late and when he finally through another midfielder or two on, we were left chasing the game with no attackers on the pitch.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:10 - Aug 12 with 2482 viewsHK_Dale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:00 - Aug 12 by AtThePeake

For me, defensively we were very poor. I understand it was against a Championship side but the goals would have been scored by League 2 teams, because they were gifts from us. Not quite sure how Edwards got man of the match, in my opinion he was the worst player in a Dale shirt yesterday.

However, I think Coleman should take a share of the blame. Barnsley packed the midfield and played through Perkins in CM as soon as the 2nd half kicked off. By the time Coleman reacted to this it was too late and when he finally through another midfielder or two on, we were left chasing the game with no attackers on the pitch.

Happy chappy then.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:13 - Aug 12 with 2477 viewsAtThePeake

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:10 - Aug 12 by HK_Dale

Happy chappy then.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of positives too, I'm just trying to say that I understand why Coleman would think the way he does being the manager and not a supporter.

For me, Adebola looks a top notch target man, if he improves his fitness and stamina which I'm sure he will with gametime, we've got a really good player for Grimes and Donnelly to play off there.

Tutte and Cavanagh also impressed me. Tutte tired a little in the second half but he's fantastic, his work-rate and passing ability and terrific goal were brilliant, whilst Cavanagh was steady and played some really nice passes.

Tangled up in blue.

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:18 - Aug 12 with 2461 viewsolympicdale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 01:04 - Aug 12 by TVOS1907

Just watched the interview; I can't recall JC using the word "awful", but he did say "at times we played appallingly", which is slightly different.

i think ive heard this before......

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:33 - Aug 12 with 2412 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:18 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

i think ive heard this before......

It's a lesson not to take everything at face value.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 2390 viewsTalkingSutty

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:13 - Aug 12 by AtThePeake

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of positives too, I'm just trying to say that I understand why Coleman would think the way he does being the manager and not a supporter.

For me, Adebola looks a top notch target man, if he improves his fitness and stamina which I'm sure he will with gametime, we've got a really good player for Grimes and Donnelly to play off there.

Tutte and Cavanagh also impressed me. Tutte tired a little in the second half but he's fantastic, his work-rate and passing ability and terrific goal were brilliant, whilst Cavanagh was steady and played some really nice passes.

I think you are right to highlight Tutte running out of steam (he put in a great shift) but he wasnt the only one, McIntyre and several others seemed to be struggling/puffing and blowing during the second half.
Probably the result of the disruption with the friendly games that either didnt happen or terminated early. We need all the squad to be capable of lasting 90 minutes whilst still closing down the opposition.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:49 - Aug 12 with 2364 viewsborodale4

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:41 - Aug 12 by TalkingSutty

I think you are right to highlight Tutte running out of steam (he put in a great shift) but he wasnt the only one, McIntyre and several others seemed to be struggling/puffing and blowing during the second half.
Probably the result of the disruption with the friendly games that either didnt happen or terminated early. We need all the squad to be capable of lasting 90 minutes whilst still closing down the opposition.

Or possibly the fact we have no conditioning coach.........
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:53 - Aug 12 with 2351 viewsTalkingSutty

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:49 - Aug 12 by borodale4

Or possibly the fact we have no conditioning coach.........

Didnt know that, seems strange in this day and age.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:55 - Aug 12 with 2344 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

i were impressed with the team's efforts during 2nd half of Extra Time i were gutted for the people who went early to be honest they missed our not going down without a fight

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 13:06 - Aug 12 with 2311 views442Dale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 12:53 - Aug 12 by TalkingSutty

Didnt know that, seems strange in this day and age.

It wad said at the forum that we've got someone in on a part time basis to help out on the fitness side of things. Presume it was him warning up the subs at Southport.

Both sides looked tired at the end. Well everyone except Cavanagh and Perkins! Their scorer Stones went off with cramp, and he is 18.

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 13:33 - Aug 12 with 2268 viewsBeckWMG

I didn't go to the game but from what friends have told me Dale played some really good stuff against a Championship side.

Saying that to concede 2 goals against a side wih 10 men and an outfield player in net is extremely poor at any level.

So for that reason alone, you can understand why JC is angry.

Think we'll tonk Northampton on Saturday mind.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 14:34 - Aug 12 with 2162 viewsjfmolyneux

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 13:33 - Aug 12 by BeckWMG

I didn't go to the game but from what friends have told me Dale played some really good stuff against a Championship side.

Saying that to concede 2 goals against a side wih 10 men and an outfield player in net is extremely poor at any level.

So for that reason alone, you can understand why JC is angry.

Think we'll tonk Northampton on Saturday mind.

I thought we were great. It was nice to actually see players put everything into it and am hugely encouraged.
I think we shouldn't be too hasty bigging up Barnsley as a proper championship side, because although they are for now, they should be nailed on for the drop. They were poor yesterday, a team of L1 players and there were certainly plenty of better L1 teams visited us last season.
That said, I think we are looking excellent. I really like how often the full backs got forward and whipped crosses in; something which Adams didn't do at all last season.
Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 14:43 - Aug 12 with 2138 viewsMoonyDale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 14:34 - Aug 12 by jfmolyneux

I thought we were great. It was nice to actually see players put everything into it and am hugely encouraged.
I think we shouldn't be too hasty bigging up Barnsley as a proper championship side, because although they are for now, they should be nailed on for the drop. They were poor yesterday, a team of L1 players and there were certainly plenty of better L1 teams visited us last season.
That said, I think we are looking excellent. I really like how often the full backs got forward and whipped crosses in; something which Adams didn't do at all last season.

They had better keep Perks fit all season because if it not for him they would have been slaughtered yesterday.....nailed on for the drop for me.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 19:10 - Aug 12 with 1953 viewsboromat

Our main problem is fitness at the moment not many full 90 minutes have been played. I think Phil Edwards is a real weakness at the back gives away a lot of freekicks and makes mistakes. R.Edwards has impressed during preseason but he couldnt handle Davies.

Once we get some match fitness and with a bit of tweaking at the back we'll be there or there abouts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 19:23 - Aug 12 with 1924 viewsolympicdale

Coleman's Dale Player Comments on 19:10 - Aug 12 by boromat

Our main problem is fitness at the moment not many full 90 minutes have been played. I think Phil Edwards is a real weakness at the back gives away a lot of freekicks and makes mistakes. R.Edwards has impressed during preseason but he couldnt handle Davies.

Once we get some match fitness and with a bit of tweaking at the back we'll be there or there abouts.

Phil Edwards has been a surprise package for me, given how bad he was last season, he seems to read the game well and very committed, I think youve said this before about PE, tad harsh in my eyes.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024