Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best English Manager not considered for England job 11:08 - Oct 18 with 889 viewsGRIM

Eddie Howe has now stated that he was not considered or offered an interview for the England job.
The FA admitted that they had identified & interviewed at least 10 candidates.
That is disgusting, what message does that send out to our current & future coaches.
I wouldn't disagree that Tuchel has the right portfolio / credentials for the job, but the FA should at least give consideration to our own coaches.
Probably a cost cutting exercise because they would have had to pay compensation to Newcastle to get EH.
Tuchel was a freebie apart from the huge salary he'll be earning.
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:34 - Oct 18 with 838 viewsTripleNiemi

Surely if it needed to go Foreign they should have got the best ‘pound for pound’ manager in regardless of cost?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:36 - Oct 18 with 836 viewsSaintNick

Is Eddie Howe qualified to be England manager though ? a career at Bournemouth was mostly in the Championship with a 5 year spell in the Premier League mostly in mid table

In 3 years with Newcastle he has not exactly set the world alight given the resources he has to hand

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:45 - Oct 18 with 819 viewsGRIM

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:36 - Oct 18 by SaintNick

Is Eddie Howe qualified to be England manager though ? a career at Bournemouth was mostly in the Championship with a 5 year spell in the Premier League mostly in mid table

In 3 years with Newcastle he has not exactly set the world alight given the resources he has to hand

EH is young, he's English & would proudly sing the National Anthem.
Who knows if he can continue to learn & achieve greater things with Newcastle he could be " considered" as being the next National team coach.
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:54 - Oct 18 with 802 viewsIanSouthstander

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:34 - Oct 18 by TripleNiemi

Surely if it needed to go Foreign they should have got the best ‘pound for pound’ manager in regardless of cost?

Along with Guardiola and Ancelotti, Tuchel is right up there with the very best.

He's won league title in England, Germany and France. He's won numerous cups and theres the little matter of the Champions League.

Compare that with any current England manager.

If England want to be serious contenders to win major tournaments they need the very best manager available. Eddie Howe, with next to no European experience and NO trophies is a million miles from that.
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:56 - Oct 18 with 797 viewsSonicBoom

I couldn't care less what song they sing. Does any manager come from the place they represent? Ferguson, Klopp, Poch, Koeman etc etc yet for England they have to be English and sing our song? I just wanna see us win.
Tuchel has a far superior CV than howe.
I also fully expect that the FA knew on the grapevine whether certain managers were open to taking the job or not.
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 12:24 - Oct 18 with 762 viewsA1079

If Tuchel does well then no one will give a jot where he is from or what he sings (except our wonderful media and will find some way to undermine him as they do all English managers irrespective of their origins!).

I am surprised Howe was not approached but it could come down to timing and availability and no doubt cost all being factors.

Anyway, I hope England do well but it will depend on the players and how they behave and engage with the manager and the national team - am I surprised that the supposedly injured Saka is available for Arsenal tomorrow........not really.
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 12:28 - Oct 18 with 758 viewssaintwizzler

Howe wouldn’t take a pay cut to be England manager.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 15:08 - Oct 18 with 656 viewsPatfromPoole

The FA were not prepared to pay the compensation that Newcastle were demanding, so the FA didn't pursue their interest in Howe.

He was clearly the best option if you want to go down the English route; he is head and shoulders above any other English manager; staggered that anybody could query this.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 15:12 - Oct 18 with 653 viewsPatfromPoole

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:36 - Oct 18 by SaintNick

Are you saying he should have had Boscombe in the top 4 of the Prem???

When he started, they were 92nd and well adrift at the bottom of League Two after a 17-point deduction.

The man achieved miracles, and it pains me to say so.

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 16:17 - Oct 18 with 599 viewsGRIM

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:54 - Oct 18 by IanSouthstander

Along with Guardiola and Ancelotti, Tuchel is right up there with the very best.

He's won league title in England, Germany and France. He's won numerous cups and theres the little matter of the Champions League.

Compare that with any current England manager.

If England want to be serious contenders to win major tournaments they need the very best manager available. Eddie Howe, with next to no European experience and NO trophies is a million miles from that.

I never said that Eddie Howe should get the job.
Tuchel has a great pedigree I hope he does well.
My point was that it's disgusting that Eddie Howe was not in the short list of ten to be interviewed for the job.
Listening to Eddie Howe's interview on Sky Sports this morning there was no suggestion that he would not be interested in the job.
[Post edited 18 Oct 16:25]
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 16:37 - Oct 18 with 583 viewsPatfromPoole

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 16:17 - Oct 18 by GRIM

My point was that it's disgusting that Eddie Howe was not in the short list of ten to be interviewed for the job.
Listening to Eddie Howe's interview on Sky Sports this morning there was no suggestion that he would not be interested in the job.

The FA would not pay the compensation Newcastle were demanding.

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 16:44 - Oct 18 with 577 viewsIfonly

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 16:17 - Oct 18 by GRIM

The FA's own rules prevent them from approaching any manager if they haven't had permission from their club. If Newcastle didn't give permission then the FA couldn't speak to him even if they wanted to. As Pat said, it is likely that NUFC's demands exceeded what the FA would pay, so permission was never given.

I strongly suspect that Howe would have been on the FA's ideal list of 10 candidates so perhaps you should direct your disgust at NUFC aka Saudi FC
[Post edited 18 Oct 16:47]
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 19:41 - Oct 18 with 451 viewsBerber

What has Howe won? Is there a record of winning trophies? Southgate was similar. Nearly winners isn’t good enough if there are proven winners to be had.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 20:36 - Oct 18 with 420 viewscocklebreath

He’s a knob who’s won nothing

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 07:55 - Oct 19 with 195 viewskingslandstand1

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 12:28 - Oct 18 by saintwizzler

Howe wouldn’t take a pay cut to be England manager.

That sums the *anker up
The best English Manager not considered for England job on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 130 viewsHollywood56

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:45 - Oct 18 by GRIM

EH is young, he's English & would proudly sing the National Anthem.
Who knows if he can continue to learn & achieve greater things with Newcastle he could be " considered" as being the next National team coach.

EH did state that he wasn't interested in the England job at the moment.

Poll: Potter as head coach and Llallana as his assistant

The best English Manager not considered for England job on 11:12 - Oct 19 with 95 viewsdirk_doone

That's a shame. Andy Woodman would have made a brilliant England manager.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024