Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Red Wall! 19:56 - Aug 24 with 4724 viewskingslandstand1

So that plan didn't work today though generally it was a lot better having away fans tucked away
[Post edited 24 Aug 19:58]
The Red Wall! on 20:02 - Aug 24 with 3828 viewsdirk_doone

Considering the dire performance from the home team today, it was better than it used to be. The best part was the beginning of the game, when the atmosphere was very good, but then the team slowly drained the spirits of the crowd.

So, it's a success so far. As Le Tissier said, the setup should have been like that when we first moved into St Mary's.
[Post edited 24 Aug 20:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Red Wall! on 20:57 - Aug 24 with 3683 viewsfelly1

The Red Wall! on 20:02 - Aug 24 by dirk_doone

Considering the dire performance from the home team today, it was better than it used to be. The best part was the beginning of the game, when the atmosphere was very good, but then the team slowly drained the spirits of the crowd.

So, it's a success so far. As Le Tissier said, the setup should have been like that when we first moved into St Mary's.
[Post edited 24 Aug 20:05]

Definitely better having the away lot in the Kingsland/Chapel corner and at times the Northam was pretty loud and everyone else joined in so I think it'll be a sucess.

We just need to up the quality on the pitch and the fans will respond no doubt.
The Red Wall! on 21:03 - Aug 24 with 3652 viewsSouthamptonfan

Great to see a whole a Saints end. However, the lack of "interaction" with the away support was noticeable. Those Saints fans who paid for the expensive seats in the Kingsland next to the away fans, just sat there, making it very calm and quiet. Once Forest went one up, it was very quiet. Good idea to put the away fans in the corner. They seemed very insignificant and I could hardly hear them but the team still lost. It was chaos after the game outside the Northam, with some fans standing still outside the fanzone, to have a drink and some fans trying to go left and right to go home. It was really squashed. Anyone near the away support? It all looked very quiet and amicable in the Chapel.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

The Red Wall! on 21:20 - Aug 24 with 3581 viewsdirk_doone

The Red Wall! on 21:03 - Aug 24 by Southamptonfan

Great to see a whole a Saints end. However, the lack of "interaction" with the away support was noticeable. Those Saints fans who paid for the expensive seats in the Kingsland next to the away fans, just sat there, making it very calm and quiet. Once Forest went one up, it was very quiet. Good idea to put the away fans in the corner. They seemed very insignificant and I could hardly hear them but the team still lost. It was chaos after the game outside the Northam, with some fans standing still outside the fanzone, to have a drink and some fans trying to go left and right to go home. It was really squashed. Anyone near the away support? It all looked very quiet and amicable in the Chapel.

Being stuck in the corner definitely subdued the away support, although they sang quite loudly at the end of the game when it was clear they were going to win. The new set up has improved the home advantage in the atmosphere, but nothing other than different tactics and team lineup was going to fire up our team today.

The Red Wall! on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 3526 viewsgrumpy

That performance would have silenced a Deep Purple concert..
Nothing wrong with our end just the tactics and performance of our team.
The Red Wall! on 07:32 - Aug 25 with 3056 viewsBerber

The Red Wall! on 21:34 - Aug 24 by grumpy

That performance would have silenced a Deep Purple concert..
Nothing wrong with our end just the tactics and performance of our team.

It was a shambles, summed up by Smallbone jogging around doing next to nothing.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

The Red Wall! on 07:44 - Aug 25 with 3026 viewscocklebreath

It was louder than last season except the play off semi final but as others said the performance sucked the life out of it, still no good songs not sure why as a club we’ve got nothing, so many good songs we could use but same old fathers gun sh!t

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The Red Wall! on 07:47 - Aug 25 with 3017 viewsMytchettSaint

The club do everything they’ve done over the summer, moving away fans, fanzones etc to try and build on the West Brom game atmosphere then the team puts in a performance like that at the first time of asking. If you were working in department for fan engagement you’d be mightily miffed this morning.

Forza Rossobianco

Login to get fewer ads

The Red Wall! on 09:48 - Aug 25 with 2801 viewsChesham_Saint

The Red Wall! on 07:44 - Aug 25 by cocklebreath

It was louder than last season except the play off semi final but as others said the performance sucked the life out of it, still no good songs not sure why as a club we’ve got nothing, so many good songs we could use but same old fathers gun sh!t

I agree Cockle. One of the tests I say to myself sometimes is, “would I cringe if one of my pfc mates was sat next to me watching our fans?”. The answer yesterday was a resolute no (“ father’s gun” aside). I thought the ‘Wall’ was a huge improvement.

I sit in the Itchen quite near the Northam and since we’ve been at SMS the acoustics have been such that even the away fans could rarely hear the home support (despite it being there) hence the “library” chants. The new positioning is a big plus from my perspective.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

The Red Wall! on 09:57 - Aug 25 with 2782 viewsSaintcole7

Maybe as Chesham said it's the acoustics as sitting in the Chapel yesterday you could rarely hear the red wall but could hear the more or less constant away support, would be interesting what you actually hear on the pitch? As I'm old school I go to watch a football match and not a pop concert so from my prospective it was a lot worse in getting in and out of the ground yesterday but obviously with such a sh*t team selection and performance you tend to focus on the negatives.
The Red Wall! on 12:25 - Aug 25 with 2568 viewsUTS1885

A total and utter flop and that was always going to be the case. Whats happening on the pitch dictates the crowd in our case. Last season showed that away fans in the northam made no difference. Go back to 2002 2003 and 5000 away fans and the place was rocking becuase of what was happening on the pitch. There was nothing differennt yesterday to dozens of games at St Marys even with a full northam home end.

Lets not though discriminate againnts Saints fans in other stands, the northam is just one stand and shouldnt dictate.
The Red Wall! on 12:52 - Aug 25 with 2507 viewsChesham_Saint

The Red Wall! on 12:25 - Aug 25 by UTS1885

A total and utter flop and that was always going to be the case. Whats happening on the pitch dictates the crowd in our case. Last season showed that away fans in the northam made no difference. Go back to 2002 2003 and 5000 away fans and the place was rocking becuase of what was happening on the pitch. There was nothing differennt yesterday to dozens of games at St Marys even with a full northam home end.

Lets not though discriminate againnts Saints fans in other stands, the northam is just one stand and shouldnt dictate.

A total and utter flop? Nonsense.

What did you expect, Dortmund? It's a work in progress, FFS and should be tried and certainly didn't have a negative effect from my viewing point.

The Red Wall! on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 2478 viewsdirk_doone

The Red Wall! on 12:52 - Aug 25 by Chesham_Saint

A total and utter flop? Nonsense.

What did you expect, Dortmund? It's a work in progress, FFS and should be tried and certainly didn't have a negative effect from my viewing point.

I agree. Before the change in setup. a dire 0-1 defeat to Forest would have been played with almost total silence from the home crowd, apart from a few groans, and all game you'd only have heard the away fans. It really wasn't like that yesterday. The home support prevailed for most of the game.

There are a few people who opposed the change who are hoping it fails and they are not going to say anything positive about it.
[Post edited 25 Aug 13:15]

The Red Wall! on 15:25 - Aug 25 with 2294 viewsJoiedevivre

Watched a few videos on the wall. It looks more impressive and must surely be louder (but only for generic chants; good luck getting anything new or spontaneous going in there).

Overall, it looks like an amalgamation of everything i’m not for in modern football. But yet, to those who don’t wish to participate, there is no alternative. Standing in any other part of the ground is not allowed.

No longer will the Northam compete against Itchen, Milton against Archers, Archers against sections of the East. All must conform to the seal clapping mantra of allez allez allez and an americanised culture marooned inside English football.

It’s a case of the higher ups telling fans “this is what you want”, hidden behind the real motive of just getting rid of the costly annoyance of the Itchen North.

Signed, former Itchen North enjoyer.
The Red Wall! on 19:25 - Aug 25 with 2147 viewsdarthvader

The Red Wall! on 15:25 - Aug 25 by Joiedevivre

Watched a few videos on the wall. It looks more impressive and must surely be louder (but only for generic chants; good luck getting anything new or spontaneous going in there).

Overall, it looks like an amalgamation of everything i’m not for in modern football. But yet, to those who don’t wish to participate, there is no alternative. Standing in any other part of the ground is not allowed.

No longer will the Northam compete against Itchen, Milton against Archers, Archers against sections of the East. All must conform to the seal clapping mantra of allez allez allez and an americanised culture marooned inside English football.

It’s a case of the higher ups telling fans “this is what you want”, hidden behind the real motive of just getting rid of the costly annoyance of the Itchen North.

Signed, former Itchen North enjoyer.

Im a former itchen norther too. I am now a "Waller " i enjoyed the atmosphere in there it was loud for the most part ..plenty of noise and could hardly hear the away fans . obviously there needs more songs but when OWTS gets going then its great ..but we need more .

The other good thing which was getting worse over recent seasons was the constant idiot element looking for aggro .. i dont know what it was like over next to the away fans but at least thats now gone from the itchen north and northam .

We just need a striker 6ft plus , strong who can hold the ball up and of course score. That game for us cried out for che Adams !!

A goal yesterday ,the roof would have blown off .

keep the faith coyr

The Red Wall! on 11:19 - Aug 26 with 1819 viewsChesham_Saint

The Red Wall! on 19:25 - Aug 25 by darthvader

Im a former itchen norther too. I am now a "Waller " i enjoyed the atmosphere in there it was loud for the most part ..plenty of noise and could hardly hear the away fans . obviously there needs more songs but when OWTS gets going then its great ..but we need more .

The other good thing which was getting worse over recent seasons was the constant idiot element looking for aggro .. i dont know what it was like over next to the away fans but at least thats now gone from the itchen north and northam .

We just need a striker 6ft plus , strong who can hold the ball up and of course score. That game for us cried out for che Adams !!

A goal yesterday ,the roof would have blown off .

What I want to know is, when will the 'Wallers' start dressing in all black?

The Red Wall! on 12:02 - Aug 26 with 1716 viewseuasabioscummer

Saw a few negative comments towards the new setup on X etc. Always going to be a few who moan rather than support the changes.

Couldn't hear forest fans untill they scored tbh being tucked away in that corner. Which is good but as someone suggested earlier that performance was never going to be an electric atmosphere. Will take a season or so for the Northam stand to develop. Sounded great at times but will take a bit of time. Still a great effort by the club and will eventually pay off. We do need more songs but I'm sure every clubs fans say they same up and down the country. Same generic songs sang by every club up and down the country unfortunatley.

Surely the new 'fanzone' can be used to promote some new songs. Could be a good opportunity if the right people can scribble some lyrics to famous songs we all know together.

Oh and singing OWTS should be fast version not slow spursy style. When we go fast it goes on and on and on which is good. Players can feel the continual backing.

Next match. Shot on goal please saints

The Red Wall! on 12:09 - Aug 26 with 1675 viewsJoiedevivre

The Red Wall! on 12:02 - Aug 26 by euasabioscummer

Saw a few negative comments towards the new setup on X etc. Always going to be a few who moan rather than support the changes.

Couldn't hear forest fans untill they scored tbh being tucked away in that corner. Which is good but as someone suggested earlier that performance was never going to be an electric atmosphere. Will take a season or so for the Northam stand to develop. Sounded great at times but will take a bit of time. Still a great effort by the club and will eventually pay off. We do need more songs but I'm sure every clubs fans say they same up and down the country. Same generic songs sang by every club up and down the country unfortunatley.

Surely the new 'fanzone' can be used to promote some new songs. Could be a good opportunity if the right people can scribble some lyrics to famous songs we all know together.

Oh and singing OWTS should be fast version not slow spursy style. When we go fast it goes on and on and on which is good. Players can feel the continual backing.

Next match. Shot on goal please saints

With 6,000 in one stand and some silent spells during the game, surely this is the perfect opportunity for someone at the back of a centrist block to shout:

“KNOCK KNOCK”
The Red Wall! on 13:00 - Aug 26 with 1576 viewsMytchettSaint

The Red Wall! on 12:09 - Aug 26 by Joiedevivre

With 6,000 in one stand and some silent spells during the game, surely this is the perfect opportunity for someone at the back of a centrist block to shout:

“KNOCK KNOCK”

I fear there’d be a generation of fans who wouldn’t have the foggiest what that meant.

Forza Rossobianco

The Red Wall! on 13:24 - Aug 26 with 1526 viewsChesham_Saint

The Red Wall! on 13:00 - Aug 26 by MytchettSaint

I fear there’d be a generation of fans who wouldn’t have the foggiest what that meant.

Owen?

The Red Wall! on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 1449 viewscocklebreath

The Red Wall! on 13:24 - Aug 26 by Chesham_Saint

Owen?

Owen who?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The Red Wall! on 13:50 - Aug 26 with 1441 viewsNewdawn2014

The Red Wall! on 13:11 - Aug 25 by dirk_doone

I agree. Before the change in setup. a dire 0-1 defeat to Forest would have been played with almost total silence from the home crowd, apart from a few groans, and all game you'd only have heard the away fans. It really wasn't like that yesterday. The home support prevailed for most of the game.

There are a few people who opposed the change who are hoping it fails and they are not going to say anything positive about it.
[Post edited 25 Aug 13:15]

made worse because even though the weather was awful the live music etc outside was brilliant great atmosphere and the anticipation of a good result ... but its a long season , and the naysayers are entitled to their opinion , myself I try to remain positive.

COYS
The Red Wall! on 17:43 - Aug 26 with 1190 viewsfranniesTache

It was entirely predictable that the “wall” wouldn’t work. We simply don’t have 7k fans that want to stand and clap in unison all game, we also have always had small pockets of cultural differences between sections of the support, it’s why the layout of the dell lead to different pockets like under the east, the bike shed, the west stand benches and the Milton muppets

It’s also why st Mary’s worked before this, the northam was predominantly a younger stand, and more recently a social media stand. The itchen north was older and lot there moved to get away from people in the northam.

I didn’t make Saturday but a lot of the people that I know and have season tickets are already thinking about moving seats because they hated the “wall” so much, and they are/were all noisy f*ckers.

Personally I think the club have just played a blinder in using a small vocal minority to should about a mythical thing that would never happen so they can nullify a section of the ground they didn’t like.

The Red Wall! on 18:21 - Aug 26 with 1147 viewsUTS1885

I would expect to see some improvement, if we start winnning games. But its still never going to be the w@ank dream that some fans want ala dortmund or some other euro ultra cesspit. Im sure the 'saints 1885' will be giving out more instructions and telling fans to jump up a down etc
The Red Wall! on 18:48 - Aug 26 with 1089 viewsBuggalugs

The Red Wall! on 17:43 - Aug 26 by franniesTache

It was entirely predictable that the “wall” wouldn’t work. We simply don’t have 7k fans that want to stand and clap in unison all game, we also have always had small pockets of cultural differences between sections of the support, it’s why the layout of the dell lead to different pockets like under the east, the bike shed, the west stand benches and the Milton muppets

It’s also why st Mary’s worked before this, the northam was predominantly a younger stand, and more recently a social media stand. The itchen north was older and lot there moved to get away from people in the northam.

I didn’t make Saturday but a lot of the people that I know and have season tickets are already thinking about moving seats because they hated the “wall” so much, and they are/were all noisy f*ckers.

Personally I think the club have just played a blinder in using a small vocal minority to should about a mythical thing that would never happen so they can nullify a section of the ground they didn’t like.

If you ignore the amount of middle aged blokes there were squeezed into those hideous pink kits, the rest of the ground looked like it was full of theatre goers. No-one stood, no-one sang, it appeared completely dead.

No matter how hideous it was in the abomination that is the Wall, I think it’ll be a case of sucking it up and dealing with it...for this season at least.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024