Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Brereton Diaz 10:40 - Jul 28 with 3454 views1teeminants

Incoming 6.7 million very nearly there . Should be announced over coming days

Other clubs interested but he wanted saints 😎

About 85% done don't shoot the messenger.
[Post edited 28 Jul 10:51]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 11:43 - Jul 28 with 2617 viewsSouthamptonfan

Seems like a good signing. He's 25, tall and strong. He scored 6 goals in 14 appearances, in a poor Sheffield United team. He scored a hatful for Blackburn before he joined Sheff Utd. He has PL experience. Looks like a James Beattie type player. And all for about 7 million.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 2451 viewssaintmark1976

Ben Brereton Diaz on 11:43 - Jul 28 by Southamptonfan

Seems like a good signing. He's 25, tall and strong. He scored 6 goals in 14 appearances, in a poor Sheffield United team. He scored a hatful for Blackburn before he joined Sheff Utd. He has PL experience. Looks like a James Beattie type player. And all for about 7 million.

If we manage to get the signing over the line it would surely appear to suggest that the club have finally accepted defeat as far as Ross Stewart is concerned.

Similar type of players so why spend money if you already have the solution on the books?

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 2424 viewssaint22

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:31 - Jul 28 by saintmark1976

If we manage to get the signing over the line it would surely appear to suggest that the club have finally accepted defeat as far as Ross Stewart is concerned.

Similar type of players so why spend money if you already have the solution on the books?

What’s more worrying is although Diaz has a good record and should be good RM says we are looking for another winger and midfielder when what we NEED is a keeper and a CB
Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:46 - Jul 28 with 2414 views1teeminants

Ben Brereton Diaz on 11:43 - Jul 28 by Southamptonfan

Yes still young and knows where the net is . As you say 6 goals in 14 games in a very very poor sheff Utd side is good. A good bit of business if it comes off . Saints create chances there’s no doubt about that. I’m Happy about this and still room for other signings .

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:47 - Jul 28 with 2402 viewsTripleNiemi

Our esteemed leader SaintRob likes and says it’s an astute piece of business. Fingers crossed he scores a bag full for us whilst increasing his value.
[Post edited 28 Jul 13:49]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ben Brereton Diaz on 15:01 - Jul 28 with 2271 views1teeminants

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:39 - Jul 28 by saint22

What’s more worrying is although Diaz has a good record and should be good RM says we are looking for another winger and midfielder when what we NEED is a keeper and a CB

Keeper yes. We’ve got centre backs coming out of our ears. Edwards is going to be class. Another Mark Wright.

Ben Brereton Diaz on 15:26 - Jul 28 with 2234 viewsPatfromPoole

Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:47 - Jul 28 by TripleNiemi

Our esteemed leader SaintRob likes and says it’s an astute piece of business. Fingers crossed he scores a bag full for us whilst increasing his value.
[Post edited 28 Jul 13:49]

Does anybody really take him seriously?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 2132 viewsTripleNiemi

Ben Brereton Diaz on 15:26 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

Does anybody really take him seriously?

Shouldn’t say this, but I really do despise some of our fan base nowadays (but no, I find him comical).
[Post edited 28 Jul 16:39]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Brereton Diaz on 19:05 - Jul 28 with 1925 viewsBuggalugs

Centre Back is the last position we need strengthening in.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 19:07 - Jul 28 with 1911 viewssaint22

Ben Brereton Diaz on 19:05 - Jul 28 by Buggalugs

Centre Back is the last position we need strengthening in.

I think we still need experience back there
Conor Coady Jonny Evans that type
One injury and we are reliant on Jack or unproven talent
Ben Brereton Diaz on 19:08 - Jul 28 with 1909 viewscocklebreath

Centre back? We have about 20, agreed with keeper and I’d rather we give Dibling and SAA a go instead of spending on other youngsters

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 19:24 - Jul 28 with 1894 viewsSouthamptonfan

Seems like Saints have learnt from their mistakes. Much better to buy a player who has proven he can score in the PL, for much less than unproven players like Carrillo, who cost a lot more.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 1803 viewsGRIM

Given a choice between him & Ings I'll take him anytime.
I was worried that we'd be desperate enough to bring Ings back & that would be a huge mistake.
Ben Brereton Diaz on 20:40 - Jul 28 with 1778 viewsInTimeAddedOn

As well as dodging a bullet with Ings, let’s not forget to thank Ipswich for convincing Liam Delap to choose them and not us, Brereton Diaz has some PL experience and will score more for us than Delap would have. IMO this is by far the better deal for us and for less money than Delap would have cost us, even with the add-ons if BBD does well.
[Post edited 28 Jul 20:53]
Ben Brereton Diaz on 20:46 - Jul 28 with 1769 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Also like the sound of the Liverpool youngster Ben Doak who is being linked as a possible loan, talking to a friend who keeps a close eye on their youngsters this kid is a firecracker, but, not at the expense of Dibling or Sam AA getting their chances to prove themselves.
[Post edited 28 Jul 20:49]
Ben Brereton Diaz on 21:37 - Jul 28 with 1670 viewsSonicBoom

I hope we're interested in David de Gea. He is still a free agent and surely he's better than what we have. He's been talking to Genoa so we should be in with a chance.
Oh and I'd still like Deli Alli, but appreciate, I seem to be the only one
Ben Brereton Diaz on 21:47 - Jul 28 with 1630 viewsGRIM

Ben Brereton Diaz on 21:37 - Jul 28 by SonicBoom

I hope we're interested in David de Gea. He is still a free agent and surely he's better than what we have. He's been talking to Genoa so we should be in with a chance.

Deli Alli
Is that a Kebab House.
[Post edited 28 Jul 22:52]
Ben Brereton Diaz on 09:32 - Jul 29 with 1245 viewsChesham_Saint

Ben Brereton Diaz on 21:37 - Jul 28 by SonicBoom

When De Gea played for Man U at SMS he was always very, very good. If he’s even just 50% of that standard now he’d be an upgrade. His salary expectations would be a problem I guess.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 09:46 - Jul 29 with 1220 viewsSonicBoom

Seems odd. He was at United for years and they paid him a ridiculous amount of money. $350K per week I believe. But he's been without a club for a year. Apparently his wage demands have put Genoa off.
I guess we could offer more than a Serie A team, but he has to be realistic if he still wants to play anywhere. Would be a good addition at the right price, but if he's going to be an idiot then definitely not. Maybe he has so much money he's not motivated to go and play.
Ben Brereton Diaz on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 1166 viewsdirk_doone

Ben Brereton Diaz on 09:46 - Jul 29 by SonicBoom

Seems odd. He was at United for years and they paid him a ridiculous amount of money. $350K per week I believe. But he's been without a club for a year. Apparently his wage demands have put Genoa off.
I guess we could offer more than a Serie A team, but he has to be realistic if he still wants to play anywhere. Would be a good addition at the right price, but if he's going to be an idiot then definitely not. Maybe he has so much money he's not motivated to go and play.

Paying De Gea £10 million for 2 years, if he agrees to it, would be well worth it, when you consider how much we've paid for Bazunu (including transfer fee) and McCarthy, and he's the only one of those three who will keep us up, which is worth more than £100 million to the Club.

If money is his main concern, which is understandable as he's at the end of his career, I'm surprised he hasn't gone to Saudi.
[Post edited 29 Jul 10:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 10:47 - Jul 29 with 1141 viewsSaintNick

Ben Brereton Diaz on 10:39 - Jul 29 by dirk_doone

Paying De Gea £10 million for 2 years, if he agrees to it, would be well worth it, when you consider how much we've paid for Bazunu (including transfer fee) and McCarthy, and he's the only one of those three who will keep us up, which is worth more than £100 million to the Club.

If money is his main concern, which is understandable as he's at the end of his career, I'm surprised he hasn't gone to Saudi.

De Gea might be good value at that price, if you sign a player you are usually looking at the cost per year, so Harwood- Bellis for instand at £20 million plus say £60k a week (Just a guess) would cost about £3,2 million a year in wages x 4 plus the transfer fee ie over 4 years 33 million.

So if he sees out his contract he will have cost us about 8.25 per year. After that it is reliant on what transfer fee you would get for him.

So if we went for a free transfer such as De Gea and paid him £120k a week over two years that is £ 6 million a year cost.

That is the gist of things

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ben Brereton Diaz on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 1070 viewsdirk_doone

Ben Brereton Diaz on 10:47 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

De Gea might be good value at that price, if you sign a player you are usually looking at the cost per year, so Harwood- Bellis for instand at £20 million plus say £60k a week (Just a guess) would cost about £3,2 million a year in wages x 4 plus the transfer fee ie over 4 years 33 million.

So if he sees out his contract he will have cost us about 8.25 per year. After that it is reliant on what transfer fee you would get for him.

So if we went for a free transfer such as De Gea and paid him £120k a week over two years that is £ 6 million a year cost.

That is the gist of things

Your maths is better than mine, Nick.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ben Brereton Diaz on 12:45 - Jul 29 with 1046 viewsSaintNick

Ben Brereton Diaz on 12:31 - Jul 29 by dirk_doone

Your maths is better than mine, Nick.

You might not say that if you check it with a calculator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ben Brereton Diaz on 12:54 - Jul 29 with 1028 viewssaint22

Ben Brereton Diaz on 10:39 - Jul 29 by dirk_doone

He is just what we need
It won't happen
Ben Brereton Diaz on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 997 viewssaintmark1976

Ben Brereton Diaz on 12:45 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

You might not say that if you check it with a calculator

Indeed Nick, unless today’s heat has addled my brain even further than my advanced years, doesn’t £120 per week for two years top out at just shy of £12.5 million ?

Never mind the maths though because is there really any justification for paying a keeper who is 34 next birthday that sort of money ?

Man Utd clearly thought he wasn’t good enough and I don’t recall any Premiership clubs showing interest last season when he was a free agent.

Would S F C have given McCarthy a two year contract extension if they were lining up a replacement? I very much doubt it and suspect they intend to rely on him until Bazunu recovers.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024