Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
signings 16:14 - Jul 24 with 1296 viewssaint22

The two positions we desperately need, keeper and striker, still not filled
signings on 17:32 - Jul 24 with 1219 viewsgrumpy

The trouble we normally get is that we is when we show an interest in a player it alerts big clubs and the price goes up as I think the case is with that Celtic player.
signings on 17:42 - Jul 24 with 1194 viewsgrumpy

signings on 17:32 - Jul 24 by grumpy

The trouble we normally get is that we is when we show an interest in a player it alerts big clubs and the price goes up as I think the case is with that Celtic player.

Mind you I have just read we have made a concrete offer for him.
signings on 18:51 - Jul 24 with 1138 viewsgrumpy

signings on 17:42 - Jul 24 by grumpy

and been rejected
signings on 19:24 - Jul 24 with 1091 viewsLondonSaint76

signings on 17:42 - Jul 24 by grumpy

And utterly sub-standard concrete it is too, it would fail every building regs inspection anywhere in the world! Allegedly £14m plus performance related bonuses. Strip out the bonuses and the base fee is what we originally wanted for Tall Paul. Jesus Christ will this club EVER learn??? That offer is more like jelly than concrete - perhaps the people responsible for making this embarrassing offer should take their own advice; you can’t buy a Ferrari with Fiat money - remember saying that to Trabzonspor about 48 hours ago Mr. Ankersen??
https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-reject-epl-approach-for-matt-oriley-as-fee-revea

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

signings on 19:31 - Jul 24 with 1077 viewsgrumpy

signings on 19:24 - Jul 24 by LondonSaint76

And utterly sub-standard concrete it is too, it would fail every building regs inspection anywhere in the world! Allegedly £14m plus performance related bonuses. Strip out the bonuses and the base fee is what we originally wanted for Tall Paul. Jesus Christ will this club EVER learn??? That offer is more like jelly than concrete - perhaps the people responsible for making this embarrassing offer should take their own advice; you can’t buy a Ferrari with Fiat money - remember saying that to Trabzonspor about 48 hours ago Mr. Ankersen??
https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-reject-epl-approach-for-matt-oriley-as-fee-revea

I can see him going to Liverpool.
signings on 19:36 - Jul 24 with 1072 viewsdirk_doone

I'm not blaming Russell Martin for this because it's been going on for several years now, but our transfer policy seems to be to buy loads of midfielders and not bother much about the 2 most important positions: goalkeeper and central striker. It's not even as if we need to buy more midfielders as we've got Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw.

Our big transfer money should be spent on filling the 2 most important positions with the best players we can get.
[Post edited 24 Jul 19:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

signings on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 1048 viewsSaintNick

Yes the transfer window has been open for over 3 weeks now and only has another 5 weeks to go, it is impossible that we will sign anyone now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

signings on 19:56 - Jul 24 with 1025 viewssaintmark1976

signings on 19:44 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Yes the transfer window has been open for over 3 weeks now and only has another 5 weeks to go, it is impossible that we will sign anyone now

I take your point Nick but truly it would be good to get our deals done early for once would it not ?

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Login to get fewer ads

signings on 19:57 - Jul 24 with 1022 viewsdirk_doone

signings on 19:44 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Of course there is still time left, but we need to get a proper goalkeeper in before the Newcastle game. Ideally, he should also play in at least one of the pre-season games. Otherwise, I can see us starting with McCarthy in goal and we all know what happened the last time he had to face Premier League strikers.
[Post edited 24 Jul 19:59]

signings on 19:58 - Jul 24 with 1019 viewsgrumpy

Late deals sometimes smack of desperation.
signings on 20:46 - Jul 24 with 960 viewsSonicBoom

I'm firmly of the opinion that we won't survive without a decent striker.
That said there's 5 weeks left.
Every buying club wants their business done early. But every selling club knows that and knows its in their best interest to delay and drive up the price.
Saints can only buy when the seller says so.
signings on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 949 viewsPatfromPoole

There are probably only about 4 clubs in the Prem not after a striker.

Paradise for their agents.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

signings on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 899 viewssaint22

signings on 19:56 - Jul 24 by saintmark1976

I take your point Nick but truly it would be good to get our deals done early for once would it not ?

This is exactly it
Bed them in on pre season not need three months of the season for them to “adapt” it is always the same with us
Plus we ALL knew we need a keeper and a striker so we should have been right after those June 1
signings on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 901 viewsdirk_doone

signings on 20:52 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

There are probably only about 4 clubs in the Prem not after a striker.

Paradise for their agents.

I believe we could get Ayoub El Kaabi, and he would score the goals we need to stay up this season. Last season he scored more goals than any player in history has ever scored in the knock out stages of a European competition, including 5 against Aston Villa in the semi-final.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=Ayoub+El+Kaabi&mid=DB0C
[Post edited 24 Jul 21:38]

signings on 21:40 - Jul 24 with 807 viewsSaintNick

signings on 21:24 - Jul 24 by saint22

This is exactly it
Bed them in on pre season not need three months of the season for them to “adapt” it is always the same with us
Plus we ALL knew we need a keeper and a striker so we should have been right after those June 1

We have done well to sort out what we have so far, it is not just us that is struggling to sign key players, it is all the clubs,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

signings on 00:52 - Jul 25 with 721 viewssaint22

signings on 21:40 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

We have done well to sort out what we have so far, it is not just us that is struggling to sign key players, it is all the clubs,

We do the same each summer though failing to get the real players we need in the door early
Or at all
If we try to get through this season with our current keepers - we won’t do well
signings on 14:40 - Jul 25 with 406 viewsAvior

On the subject of the mythical striker we are after who is proven at premier level, costs under £25m, doesn't want massive wages and is happy to come to the saints, exactly who are we talking about? We have to be realistic and try to be a bit imaginative. if you look at last season's leading premier scorers and just concentrate on those we might have signed in the past you get Watkins, Solanke, Bowen, Mateta, Wood, Hee-Chan and Wissa. On the basis we will not be getting any of those who else would anyone suggest? I would try for Summerville.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024