Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammie Szmodics 15:15 - Jul 24 with 1358 viewsScrappy2020

Sign him before Ipswich do,27 goals from open play for Blackburn!Winners at Leeds and Leicester!
Saw the game this morning Lis was terrible,need another keeper badly!
We have lost Adams,Armstrong,Big Paul,Brooks,no sign of little man or Stewart,Stewart will never be fit for a full game.so who has come in nobody!the chap We are supposed to be interested in from WBA scored 5 less than Che last season,not the answer
We urgently need players who can score!!
Splash the cash!!
Sammie Szmodics on 15:38 - Jul 24 with 1298 viewsPatfromPoole

Maybe we need a Blackburn fan on our esteemed forum to advise us who is better out of Sczmodics and Brereton Diaz.

I rather suspect it will be Brereton Diaz.

I am sure the powers that be are fully mindful that signing quality strikers and a keeper is a must if we are to have a chance of staying up.

Strikers is a concern given that we were not exactly renowned for keeping clean sheets last season, hence the need for us to be able to score plenty of goals.....

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Sammie Szmodics on 16:13 - Jul 24 with 1252 viewskingslandstand1

The Peterborough chairman (Irish guy, can't remember name) was doing the mid morning show on T/Sport this morning and was asked about the issues with the Prem of recent times being tht of those that come up are likely to go back down again and of us, Ipswich and Leicester, who would do the best

Straight away said Ipswich as they are going about the transfer market the right way. Leicester could be in trouble (the financial issues still milling around). And we MAY do ok if we can find someone who scores goals, but we'll be pretty good on the eye, and Martin seems to know what he's doing!
Sammie Szmodics on 16:14 - Jul 24 with 1249 viewsNYC_Saint

Sammie Szmodics on 15:38 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

Maybe we need a Blackburn fan on our esteemed forum to advise us who is better out of Sczmodics and Brereton Diaz.

I am sure the powers that be are fully mindful that signing quality strikers and a keeper is a must if we are to have a chance of staying up.

Strikers is a concern given that we were not exactly renowned for keeping clean sheets last season, hence the need for us to be able to score plenty of goals.....

I'm hoping the delay on a keeper announcement is due to the complexities of how much one will cost and fitting in their wages. I would hope a similar deal to THB for Ramsay could be struck whereby we have an obligation to buy if we stay up and pay part of his wages for this season. This would save money going out the door this season on a transfer fee and, if we stay up, I'm sure the club would love to lock in a keeper of Ramsays quality.
Sammie Szmodics on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 929 viewsBerber

Our last Blackburn super scorer hasn’t yet done it in the PL
Sammie Szmodics on 09:37 - Jul 26 with 735 viewsSaintNick

Sammie Szmodics on 15:38 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

Sczmodics career has been pretty average up to last season , his stats last term were impressive, 44 games and 27 goals, but the previous season he played 35 games and scored just 5 times.

Up until 2021 he had only played 3 games above League 1 level and hadn't really set the world alight aside from a couple of decent seasons his stats are fairly average.

He will turn 29 in September so he is a big gamble at Premier League level unless Blackburn are willing to sell him very cheaply

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sammie Szmodics on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 709 viewsdirk_doone

Sammie Szmodics on 09:37 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

Sczmodics career has been pretty average up to last season , his stats last term were impressive, 44 games and 27 goals, but the previous season he played 35 games and scored just 5 times.

Up until 2021 he had only played 3 games above League 1 level and hadn't really set the world alight aside from a couple of decent seasons his stats are fairly average.

He will turn 29 in September so he is a big gamble at Premier League level unless Blackburn are willing to sell him very cheaply

"Up until 2021 he had only played 3 games above League 1 level and hadn't really set the world alight aside from a couple of decent seasons his stats are fairly average."

If we're talking about up until 2021, another 28-year-old striker, Ross Stewart hardly set the football world alight either:

Ross Stewart

Youth career
St Mirren
Celtic
Partick Thistle

Senior career
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013–2015 Ardeer Thistle
2015–2016 Kilwinning Rangers
2016–2017 Albion Rovers 25 (12)
2017–2018 St Mirren 10 (0)
2017–2018 → Alloa Athletic (loan) 19 (7)
2018–2021 Ross County 63 (15)

Stewart's 10 goals in the Championship really are the highlight of his career.
[Post edited 26 Jul 10:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sammie Szmodics on 12:37 - Jul 26 with 626 viewsSaintNick

Sammie Szmodics on 10:54 - Jul 26 by dirk_doone

"Up until 2021 he had only played 3 games above League 1 level and hadn't really set the world alight aside from a couple of decent seasons his stats are fairly average."

If we're talking about up until 2021, another 28-year-old striker, Ross Stewart hardly set the football world alight either:

Ross Stewart

Youth career
St Mirren
Celtic
Partick Thistle

Senior career
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013–2015 Ardeer Thistle
2015–2016 Kilwinning Rangers
2016–2017 Albion Rovers 25 (12)
2017–2018 St Mirren 10 (0)
2017–2018 → Alloa Athletic (loan) 19 (7)
2018–2021 Ross County 63 (15)

Stewart's 10 goals in the Championship really are the highlight of his career.
[Post edited 26 Jul 10:57]

Yes Dirk and you are one of his biggest critics so I would think that you don't think much of Szmodics either.

But when we signed Stewart it was to score goals in the Championship, ok that went a bit off course, but is Szmodics a Premier League player, I would think not.

Strangely you miss off his full stats at Sunderland where he scored 36 goals in 70 games or the fact that his 10 goals in the Championship came in just 10 appearances

Sammie Szmodics on 12:42 - Jul 26 with 618 viewsdirk_doone

Sammie Szmodics on 12:37 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

Yes Dirk and you are one of his biggest critics so I would think that you don't think much of Szmodics either.

But when we signed Stewart it was to score goals in the Championship, ok that went a bit off course, but is Szmodics a Premier League player, I would think not.

Strangely you miss off his full stats at Sunderland where he scored 36 goals in 70 games or the fact that his 10 goals in the Championship came in just 10 appearances

I like what I've seen of Ross Stewart as a player in his step up to Championship level. He certainly made a good start in it for Sunderland and in his brief appearances for us, although he didn't score, he showed some promise. But, at 28, with a career in the lower leagues, blighted by serious injuries, there has been no evidence that he'd be good enough for the Premier League.

If Ross Stewart went on to become the new Rickie Lambert, it would be great, but it looks extremely unlikely, and for the Club to rely on it happening would be folly. We need to buy a striker now.

I guess we all have players we'd like to see here but of the strikers we could realistically get here, the one I want us to sign is Ayoub El Kaabi.

[Post edited 26 Jul 12:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Sammie Szmodics on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 574 viewsSaintNick

Sammie Szmodics on 12:42 - Jul 26 by dirk_doone

I like what I've seen of Ross Stewart as a player in his step up to Championship level. He certainly made a good start in it for Sunderland and in his brief appearances for us, although he didn't score, he showed some promise. But, at 28, with a career in the lower leagues, blighted by serious injuries, there has been no evidence that he'd be good enough for the Premier League.

If Ross Stewart went on to become the new Rickie Lambert, it would be great, but it looks extremely unlikely, and for the Club to rely on it happening would be folly. We need to buy a striker now.

I guess we all have players we'd like to see here but of the strikers we could realistically get here, the one I want us to sign is Ayoub El Kaabi.

[Post edited 26 Jul 12:56]

As I said Stewart was bought to get us out of the Championship, I would expect him to leave in January

Sammie Szmodics on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 542 viewsdirk_doone

Sammie Szmodics on 12:58 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

As I said Stewart was bought to get us out of the Championship, I would expect him to leave in January

I totally agree with you on that, Nick. Sometimes we argue round in circles just for the sake of it.

Sammie Szmodics on 13:19 - Jul 26 with 535 viewsSaintNick

Sammie Szmodics on 13:14 - Jul 26 by dirk_doone

I totally agree with you on that, Nick. Sometimes we argue round in circles just for the sake of it.

A good circular argument well concluded

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024