Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread 14:51 - Nov 29 with 7346 viewsSaintNick

Just 5 hours to go before kick off, comment on all the action on this thread

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 with 1149 viewskernow

Three well won points tonight, well done Saints
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:18 - Nov 29 with 1066 viewsgrumpy

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 by kernow

Three well won points tonight, well done Saints

Team worked hard for the points.Well done Saints😀
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Nov 29 with 1060 viewsA1079

A good win and it keeps us amongst the rest but our team sure play on our nerves. As long as it is only 1-0 you always fear the worst. It was a poor first half where Bazunu made 2 or 3 good saves. Much better 2nd half. Alcaraz and KWP had a good 2nd half and I have criticised him a bit but Manning had a fairly good game by his standards. But, we are goal shy!
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 1056 viewsNYC_Saint

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Nov 29 by saintwizzler

Excellent second half.
Some naviety that needs gone.
Pushing too many players forward for a corner on 88 minutes for example.

Bazunu MOTM, sorry, POTM. Kept us in the game.

WE MARCH ON

That made me smile
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Nov 29 with 920 viewsfelly1

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Nov 29 by A1079

A good win and it keeps us amongst the rest but our team sure play on our nerves. As long as it is only 1-0 you always fear the worst. It was a poor first half where Bazunu made 2 or 3 good saves. Much better 2nd half. Alcaraz and KWP had a good 2nd half and I have criticised him a bit but Manning had a fairly good game by his standards. But, we are goal shy!

I thought Manning had a decent game as well.
He gave the ball away a few times but so did plenty of others.
Some of the hilarious negative posters on here are getting a bit obsessed with him..
Not a great player but any error and the mouth frothing begins!
24 points out of 30 is excellent.
I thought we were ropey in the first half but once the great goal by KWP went in we were in total control.
Just need to find a way to put a few teams to the sword.
That's what frustrates me.
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 06:49 - Nov 30 with 778 viewsSalisburySaint

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Nov 29 by felly1

I thought Manning had a decent game as well.
He gave the ball away a few times but so did plenty of others.
Some of the hilarious negative posters on here are getting a bit obsessed with him..
Not a great player but any error and the mouth frothing begins!
24 points out of 30 is excellent.
I thought we were ropey in the first half but once the great goal by KWP went in we were in total control.
Just need to find a way to put a few teams to the sword.
That's what frustrates me.

Apart from two poor passes (others do the same without any criticism on here) thought Manning had good game, offers us a bit more going forward in home games than Bree
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 06:54 - Nov 30 with 773 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m sure Manning’s pass completion stats from last night will be deemed acceptable by the data experts.

That is all that counts. Not horrendous errors…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 08:13 - Nov 30 with 685 viewssaintwizzler

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 06:54 - Nov 30 by PatfromPoole

I’m sure Manning’s pass completion stats from last night will be deemed acceptable by the data experts.

That is all that counts. Not horrendous errors…..

If someone had of said to you when you walked into St Mary’s before the Leeds game that we’d get 24 points from the next 10 games you’d of snapped their hand off bbz!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 9:06]

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Nov 30 with 635 viewsA1079

10 games unbeaten and 24 points from 30 in any league or at any level is not to be sniffed at and I for one did not see that coming after 4 straight defeats (some nasty ones in that as well). So, I feel churlish about being critical about our style at times and lack of goals but the latter especially is something I would still like to see us improve on.......and start really taking some sides to the sword. Bristol City was not going to be an easy game - they are no mugs and know the Championship well and the same could be said with Cardiff.
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 10:55 - Nov 30 with 547 viewsBerber

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Nov 30 by A1079

10 games unbeaten and 24 points from 30 in any league or at any level is not to be sniffed at and I for one did not see that coming after 4 straight defeats (some nasty ones in that as well). So, I feel churlish about being critical about our style at times and lack of goals but the latter especially is something I would still like to see us improve on.......and start really taking some sides to the sword. Bristol City was not going to be an easy game - they are no mugs and know the Championship well and the same could be said with Cardiff.

See the other post about how our last 10 compare to our REAL competition. There are a few half decent sides in this league and a lot of mediocre dross. We have not dome so well against the dross. I don’t think that anyone here would say other that Leeds had a very, very bad day at the office when they came to us.

Teams that have spent the best part of the last 5 or 6 years in the Championship, will, of course know the championship well. But they are unlikely to get any higher for the most part. I don’t think that is a proper measure to guage our performance level.

If we start putting sides to the sword, then nobody would have much issue. None of the sides that RM has managed have quite managed that though, and there is little evidence of it happening for us either. I am not inclined to give the manager the benefit of the doubt based on mine or anyone else’s wishes. We can all see what’s needed, but having it delivered is a whole other kettle of fish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024