Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? 16:28 - Jan 27 with 5274 viewsdale1968

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55816464

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:31 - Jan 27 with 1434 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:30 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

You obviously didn't hear the 2016 league cup final version of Hotshot Tottenham that tried to rhyme Dembele with Stambouli.

Released for a game that Spurs lost. Obviously.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:34 - Jan 27 with 1429 viewsjudd

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:30 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

You obviously didn't hear the 2016 league cup final version of Hotshot Tottenham that tried to rhyme Dembele with Stambouli.

I did.

It didn't reach aforementioned heights.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:42 - Jan 27 with 1401 viewsTVOS1907

I doubt anyone did.

Except you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:44 - Jan 27 with 1396 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:40 - Jan 27 by jonahwhereru

Racism and rubbish in one post. One of your better efforts Thacks.

Attacking down the flanks has been a basic of football since the game started, because it is a successful way to create goals. All teams concede from wide positions and set pieces. Most goals come from them. Dale do not hold the monopoly in conceding from these situations. Amazingly wide player / wingers are still an influence on the game. Can you see why.

McLaughlin has been in 15 match day squad and is on one of the lowest wages. Oh and Thacks it was you who called him a wage thief. Shame on you.

So it’s now Time to blame our woes on being too Irish!!!. Yep I have finally bit on your bigotry, much to my own annoyance.

Sadly your wrong on virtually everything. But let’s not let that stop you.

I won’t go into wingers being a source of goals as I never mentioned that and obviously they are, however our ability to defend any form of cross or corner remains.

I have never said McLoughlan is stealing a wage, if we employed him it’s our fault not his.
Saying he has been involved in 15 match day squads is irrelevant. Dunne has been in our match day squad a lot but not played (as far as I know)

You have no more ideal than I have on what he is earning so your guessing, if he is on a low wages it’s because he offers very little game time, and it unlikely others wanted him.

Could not care less if the whole team was Irish (think Lund has N Irish caps as well) but McShane and McLaughlin are not providing any form of value.

I agree TVOS bonesey has been fantastic, but I put that more down to the bury connection than his nationality. Regardless we need some defenders who are not injured constantly.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 23:09 - Jan 27 with 1342 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:44 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

I won’t go into wingers being a source of goals as I never mentioned that and obviously they are, however our ability to defend any form of cross or corner remains.

I have never said McLoughlan is stealing a wage, if we employed him it’s our fault not his.
Saying he has been involved in 15 match day squads is irrelevant. Dunne has been in our match day squad a lot but not played (as far as I know)

You have no more ideal than I have on what he is earning so your guessing, if he is on a low wages it’s because he offers very little game time, and it unlikely others wanted him.

Could not care less if the whole team was Irish (think Lund has N Irish caps as well) but McShane and McLaughlin are not providing any form of value.

I agree TVOS bonesey has been fantastic, but I put that more down to the bury connection than his nationality. Regardless we need some defenders who are not injured constantly.

But there were nine years between BBM leaving bury and us signing O'Connell.

I don't think his nationality or former club were relevant; he was a good (and presumably local) central defender available to us at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 23:14 - Jan 27 with 1338 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 23:09 - Jan 27 by TVOS1907

But there were nine years between BBM leaving bury and us signing O'Connell.

I don't think his nationality or former club were relevant; he was a good (and presumably local) central defender available to us at the time.

I agree as good and local we would have been keen anyway, but BBM very much remained close to many at bury I believe. Having contacts, some maybe of own nationality or in home country is a good thing.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 11:31 - Jan 28 with 1146 viewsjonahwhereru

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:44 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Your correct I was wrong saying you said McLaughlin is stealing a wage.
Rather you said said about Done and McNulty “Neither have been good enough since day 1 yet they still steal a wage”
Regardless of which player/s you named the sentiment is clear. Shame on you.
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:01 - Jan 28 with 1025 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 11:31 - Jan 28 by jonahwhereru

Your correct I was wrong saying you said McLaughlin is stealing a wage.
Rather you said said about Done and McNulty “Neither have been good enough since day 1 yet they still steal a wage”
Regardless of which player/s you named the sentiment is clear. Shame on you.

Sorry for having an opinion, and yes I do think McNulty and More so Done are a complete waste of money and are stealing a wage, but that’s our stupid fault for paying them. McShane is another one who offers sod all, notice you did mention how many 90 minutes McLoughlan has managed all season.

Donnelly gets grief on here a lot for being dogshit but if every player we have showed the same desire and passion we would be a better side. I bet Donnelly would have played (albeit badly) with an injury and done his best, can you say that about some of the others here who are probably costing around £20000 per game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:33 - Jan 28 with 969 viewsjonahwhereru

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:01 - Jan 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Sorry for having an opinion, and yes I do think McNulty and More so Done are a complete waste of money and are stealing a wage, but that’s our stupid fault for paying them. McShane is another one who offers sod all, notice you did mention how many 90 minutes McLoughlan has managed all season.

Donnelly gets grief on here a lot for being dogshit but if every player we have showed the same desire and passion we would be a better side. I bet Donnelly would have played (albeit badly) with an injury and done his best, can you say that about some of the others here who are probably costing around £20000 per game this season?

You may have been a work shy skiver who stole wages during your career, so feel you have the inside line on wage stealing, I don’t know.
There is more to being a professional sportsman than game time.
Sadly you will never understand how disrespectful and odious your phrase “stealing a wage” is.
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:50 - Jan 28 with 953 views442Dale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:01 - Jan 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

McNulty and Done may well not have been worth new deals when they signed them but neither has done anything but their best, therefore criticism should be reasonable. Like when McNulty stupidly got sent off, he’d expect it. However, like Donnelly, they are doing their best and both have been good servants and are deserving of a certain level of respect.

Plus Done had a reasonable game the other night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 929 viewsJames1980

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:50 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

McNulty and Done may well not have been worth new deals when they signed them but neither has done anything but their best, therefore criticism should be reasonable. Like when McNulty stupidly got sent off, he’d expect it. However, like Donnelly, they are doing their best and both have been good servants and are deserving of a certain level of respect.

Plus Done had a reasonable game the other night.

Has Done been trying too hard hence often getting caught offside or is that due to overcompensating due to losing pace? Although I don't recall him being offside recently.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:05 - Jan 28 with 879 viewsfinberty

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 18:04 - Jan 28 by James1980

Has Done been trying too hard hence often getting caught offside or is that due to overcompensating due to losing pace? Although I don't recall him being offside recently.

If you don't recall him being offside recently, may I ask WTF is the question about??
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 836 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:33 - Jan 28 by jonahwhereru

You may have been a work shy skiver who stole wages during your career, so feel you have the inside line on wage stealing, I don’t know.
There is more to being a professional sportsman than game time.
Sadly you will never understand how disrespectful and odious your phrase “stealing a wage” is.

What I have earned over my career is irrelevant largely, but the taxes I have paid would cover what I would get in universal credit for around 70 years. So far from being lazy I am retired before 50!

I have known numerous people who steal wages, skiving, clock cheating, or just being downright lazy, we have also had players at Rochdale who blatantly did not try or were sick/deliberately getting suspended I am sure.

I know those who remember Paul Williams will testify, I also know of 2 players “injured/ill” when they were out leathered in Route 66 dancing away on a Friday. 1 who was out in tramps and got kneed in the bollocks for being out of line and was out for 2 weeks.

I could name many other first hand things I have seen of players being utterly unprofessional, which to me is gross misconduct and a sackable offence. In fairness it’s not any of our current players but if you think all professional sportsman are 100% professional, your very wrong.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:50 - Jan 28 with 827 views442Dale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:40 - Jan 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

What I have earned over my career is irrelevant largely, but the taxes I have paid would cover what I would get in universal credit for around 70 years. So far from being lazy I am retired before 50!

I have known numerous people who steal wages, skiving, clock cheating, or just being downright lazy, we have also had players at Rochdale who blatantly did not try or were sick/deliberately getting suspended I am sure.

I know those who remember Paul Williams will testify, I also know of 2 players “injured/ill” when they were out leathered in Route 66 dancing away on a Friday. 1 who was out in tramps and got kneed in the bollocks for being out of line and was out for 2 weeks.

I could name many other first hand things I have seen of players being utterly unprofessional, which to me is gross misconduct and a sackable offence. In fairness it’s not any of our current players but if you think all professional sportsman are 100% professional, your very wrong.

But McNulty and Done are in our current squad, with their particularly harsh criticism not being warranted.
Similarly, as frustrating as it is to see other players injured so often, you can bet they wish they weren’t and able to play every week.

Basically, there are people in every walk of life who might not try their best, what that has to do with those at the club at the moment is hard to establish. Whatever else might be wrong, and there’s enough there which can be debated and needs addressing, it’s clear that everyone is on the same page on the playing side with a commitment to improve results. Even if they fall short.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:00 - Jan 28 with 805 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:50 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

But McNulty and Done are in our current squad, with their particularly harsh criticism not being warranted.
Similarly, as frustrating as it is to see other players injured so often, you can bet they wish they weren’t and able to play every week.

Basically, there are people in every walk of life who might not try their best, what that has to do with those at the club at the moment is hard to establish. Whatever else might be wrong, and there’s enough there which can be debated and needs addressing, it’s clear that everyone is on the same page on the playing side with a commitment to improve results. Even if they fall short.

Totally agree 442. The only thing I would add is whilst we hope every player wants to give 100% and is totally committed, we won’t ever know that’s the case. It does seem team spirit is good and the players like BBM, but we honestly won’t ever know.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:10 - Jan 28 with 797 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:50 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

I would even go a step further than this and say that there is a unity in the squad and a never say die attitude that stands out more than many a previous season. How many times have we gone behind only to come back again? In previous years we'd have been dead and buried at those points - now you feel like we are in games until the last kick. Sadly though, that last kick has gone in favour of our opponents too often. I wholeheartedly agree though, it's certainly not lack of effort. No way.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:13 - Jan 28 with 786 views442Dale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:00 - Jan 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree 442. The only thing I would add is whilst we hope every player wants to give 100% and is totally committed, we won’t ever know that’s the case. It does seem team spirit is good and the players like BBM, but we honestly won’t ever know.

So unless there’s evidence to the contrary, they aren’t “stealing a wage” in the way described previously. We know that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024