Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? 10:36 - Feb 14 with 6326 viewsdingdangblue

What would you choose? Obviously one would mean we'd create history, the day would be remembered forever, we'd be in the FA Cup quarter finals for the 1st time ever, with another potential massive pay day, the clubs profile would be raised in England and all over the world. Lots of long term benefits.

The other we stay in league 1. Better games week in week out next season but always the possibility we'd get relegated at some point in the future (more likely than promotion to the Championship).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:20 - Feb 14 with 1996 viewsDorsetDale

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:07 - Feb 14 by Shun

Like ddb says, beating Spurs and getting into the quarter final of the FA Cup is once in a lifetime stuff.

But I'd still prefer to stay up. Just as when Hill returned a stronger manager after his Barnsley disappointment, I think Hill will learn from our current struggles and next season, whatever league we're in, will be a more enterprising one.

I think (still can't make my mind up) that sums up my position also.

Just concerned how many players we may lose if relegated and whether the same calibre can be recruited - and yes I know it's been done before but with every season it seems our budgetary starting point gets further behind almost everyone else.

Besides, just imagine if the impossible happened on Sunday. This board would be so full of world wide congratulations we'd need to be on here 24/7 for a fortnight just to keep up!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 15:06 - Feb 14 with 1926 viewsNorthernDale

League one without a doubt, just think next season we could in theory be facing Sunderland, Bolton or Hull City in league 1, rather then Crawley, Cambridge United and Stevenage in league two.

if we survive by some act of god, then image Sunderland at Spotland their fans that would fill the away stand and would potentially equal most of league two away visiting Rochdale combined, omitting Bury of course.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 1860 viewsDaleiLama

This question puts me in the mood of being on a desert island with two dogs, both in pain, and told I only have one bullet for my gun.

After thinking about it on my travels all day, I've gone for staying up. I got there by reverse logic in fact. How long did it take us to build to three seasons of threatening the play-offs in L1 (including some cracking cup runs). I just think the momentum we would lose going down would set us back too far and the rebuild would be too long to get back to a good team (which I still believe we have at least the nucleus of, in spite of our results). Stay up, go on another tear in the Cup next year and draw Citeh or Utd at home. You thought it was difficult to get tickets for Spurs ................

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:11 - Feb 14 with 1848 viewsBendy

Well we’ve got to lose in the Cup sometime. Otherwise the Europa League will ruin our promotion push next season 😆
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:27 - Feb 14 with 1825 viewsDaleView

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 12:34 - Feb 14 by frenzied

Id take an absolute battering from Spurs if we could stay up as an option.

NottsCounty got a battering from Swansea.
Next game they played they lost to bottom club Barnet.
A battering is very much a de-motivator.
Spurs did the honourable thing with Newport
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:35 - Feb 14 with 1817 viewsMolly

Beat Spurs. A once in a lifetime game.
If we drop to league2 we have a chance of promotion every season, and we know we can achieve it.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 1794 viewsfrenzied

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:27 - Feb 14 by DaleView

NottsCounty got a battering from Swansea.
Next game they played they lost to bottom club Barnet.
A battering is very much a de-motivator.
Spurs did the honourable thing with Newport

There would be no shame in getting a thrashing by Spurs..having seen them last night outplay Juventus for most of the game..i doubt however most of last nights players will appear on Sunday(.and the way they took Man Utd apart recently also).id guess the line up will be similar to the one they put out against Newport at Wembley.

How the Dale players will respond after the game will need to be handled carefully by Hilly..a win by all means enjoy it but for me staying up is paramount..a defeat ? did we expect anything else?..i don't thinkit would demoralise them anymore than they already are..we are bottom after all..

Spurs are miles ahead of the likes of Swansea..for me only Man City are better..and Spurs are my dark horses to win the Champions league..worth a flutter?
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 17:23 - Feb 14 with 1724 viewsShun

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 16:45 - Feb 14 by frenzied

There would be no shame in getting a thrashing by Spurs..having seen them last night outplay Juventus for most of the game..i doubt however most of last nights players will appear on Sunday(.and the way they took Man Utd apart recently also).id guess the line up will be similar to the one they put out against Newport at Wembley.

How the Dale players will respond after the game will need to be handled carefully by Hilly..a win by all means enjoy it but for me staying up is paramount..a defeat ? did we expect anything else?..i don't thinkit would demoralise them anymore than they already are..we are bottom after all..

Spurs are miles ahead of the likes of Swansea..for me only Man City are better..and Spurs are my dark horses to win the Champions league..worth a flutter?

I'm not doubting Spurs' brilliance - they're great to watch and certainly my favourite 'neutral' Premier League side currently - but how do you reckon only City are better than them when United, Liverpool and Chelsea are above them in the table and have been all season?
Login to get fewer ads

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 17:47 - Feb 14 with 1678 viewsfrenzied

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 17:23 - Feb 14 by Shun

I'm not doubting Spurs' brilliance - they're great to watch and certainly my favourite 'neutral' Premier League side currently - but how do you reckon only City are better than them when United, Liverpool and Chelsea are above them in the table and have been all season?

Lets see where they all stand after 38 games..

id expect Utd Lpool Spurs and City to make the last 8 of Champions league and theres every chance an all English tie will be drawn from the hat..id love to see Spurs verses City in a 2 leg head to head.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 1584 viewsDaleiLama

It's going to be very interesting to see how freely Spurs feel they can express themselves at the COA. Clearly they are used to playing in big stadia and travelling doesn't bother them. The immediacy of the fans on Sunday could well unsettle them though. On the flip side I expect 3.5k fans on an away day to get a bit giddy. It promises to be a crack(l)ing atmosphere
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 19:23]

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 19:29 - Feb 14 with 1568 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Staying up would show that Hilly can still motivate the players and we have some fight in the squad.

Us winning more cup games than league games does suggest that we are good enough when we can be arsed!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 19:31 - Feb 14 with 1562 viewsDaleiLama

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 19:29 - Feb 14 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Staying up would show that Hilly can still motivate the players and we have some fight in the squad.

Us winning more cup games than league games does suggest that we are good enough when we can be arsed!

I don't think it's us not being arsed. But I don't know what it is either.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 19:56]

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 21:37 - Feb 15 with 1321 viewssoulboy

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 14:12 - Feb 14 by deeplishblue

Beat spurs
Get utd next round
Pocket another £1M
Go down
Win the title next year

Sheffield United?
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 22:00 - Feb 15 with 1276 viewsdalenumber2

I admire the positivity of those convinced that if we go down we will come straight back up - I think it's unrealistic to be honest. We could face a tough season in league 2 and the prospect of us being there a long time is quite worrying. So I'd prefer to stay in league 1 and if we have to lose to Spurs, then only by a goal or two at most please.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 22:55 - Feb 15 with 1237 viewsKnowlesy

I'll say beat Spurs.

If we went down, there's no guarantee we'd come back up but we'd have a lot of cash in our pockets, some good players on long contracts, some really exciting youth prospects that might flourish in League two. I don't think that going down would be as bad as some are making out. It's happened before and we didn't drop like a stone, we consolidated and then came back up strong. I think especially as we've got a lot of cash behind us and we're looking good off the field (Stadium ownership, youth setup etc.), we'll be fine.
Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1227 views100notout

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 22:00 - Feb 15 by dalenumber2

I admire the positivity of those convinced that if we go down we will come straight back up - I think it's unrealistic to be honest. We could face a tough season in league 2 and the prospect of us being there a long time is quite worrying. So I'd prefer to stay in league 1 and if we have to lose to Spurs, then only by a goal or two at most please.

Lets face it we're likely to get relegated eventually so might as well be now with Hill at the Helm to get us back.

If it was one or the other I'd take a win against spurs, create history and hopefully draw city in the next round.

For those that would rather be watching us play maybe sunderland rather than say crawley I get that but ............. would you rather see us losing more often and facing relegation from L1 or winning more and challenging for promotion / playoffs in L2? I know theres no guarantees it'll be like that but I'd take a win against spurs and chance it!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Beat Spurs or stay in league 1? on 23:18 - Feb 15 with 1202 viewsD_Dale

A win on Sunday ...

... by at least six goals, please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024