Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy 21:25 - Jan 23 with 23038 viewswaveydave

TV caught it, red card. Retrospective action will be taken for sure
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:15 - Jan 24 with 1256 viewsPommyhoop

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:07 - Jan 24 by Walnut

Chile 84.
Going off topic, who remembers how ITV greeted that magnificent Barnes goal in Brazil on TV that night??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

And how Chelsea,England fans wouldnt count it as Barnes was black.On the plane home they were singing one nil instead of two.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:18 - Jan 24 with 1243 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:06 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

Don't be ridiculous hazard shouldn't have been there in the first place if Barton was in the same situation he would be in a cell facing assault charges and the whole world including you would be condemning him .

If the ballboy doesn't time waste, Hazard doesn't have to go looking for the ball. If the ball boy doesn't lie on the ball, Hazard doesn't have to try and get it out from underneath him. The situation is of the kid's making.

If it was Barton, I would feel exactly the same way. My normal instinct where Chelsea are concerned is to assume they're guilty and ignore all evidence to the contrary, but on this occasion, I reckon the kid's a tw at and talk of "assault" is out of proportion.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:20 - Jan 24 with 1231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:04 - Jan 24 by Konk

Could well have been. I remember it was somewhere hot and that's about it. I was genuinely shocked when I saw the clip - didn't think he had it in him.

There's two sides to Wilkins, Konk, I've seen the other side.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:21 - Jan 24 with 1227 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

I’m all for scum bashing and Hazard was/is an idiot but painting out that ballboy as a victim? Well.

From top to bottom Chelsea can’t seem to keep their fingers off the self destruct button. What’s even more amazing is all their recent success hasn’t seemed to make any of them happy.

We have truly been blessed to have them as our local rivals.

It's got to be Yarg

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:22 - Jan 24 with 1221 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:12 - Jan 24 by Jamie

Well he clearly doesn't intend to kick the guy, and any contact is minimal at best causing absolutely no injury making the ensuing furore a nonsense. 3 match ban is perfectly sufficient.

don't care what his intent is he did kick the kid when he shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Joey Barton got a 12 game ban for attempted headbuts, Hazard should be looking at 4 or 5 games for this.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:24 - Jan 24 with 1208 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:18 - Jan 24 by Konk

If the ballboy doesn't time waste, Hazard doesn't have to go looking for the ball. If the ball boy doesn't lie on the ball, Hazard doesn't have to try and get it out from underneath him. The situation is of the kid's making.

If it was Barton, I would feel exactly the same way. My normal instinct where Chelsea are concerned is to assume they're guilty and ignore all evidence to the contrary, but on this occasion, I reckon the kid's a tw at and talk of "assault" is out of proportion.

well he doesn't really give the kid time to time waste, he goes for the ball and Hazard is with him before he even has time to time waste. He is only laying on the ball as Hazard shoves him to start with and he lands on it
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:26 - Jan 24 with 1198 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:04 - Jan 24 by Konk

Could well have been. I remember it was somewhere hot and that's about it. I was genuinely shocked when I saw the clip - didn't think he had it in him.

it was the world cup, he threw the ball at the ball boy and was sent off. I think it was against Morrocco.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 1196 viewsJamie

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:22 - Jan 24 by daveB

don't care what his intent is he did kick the kid when he shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Joey Barton got a 12 game ban for attempted headbuts, Hazard should be looking at 4 or 5 games for this.

Why shouldnt he have been anywhere near him?

Overhit ball was passed to Hazard, it went out a few yards infront of him, Hazard went to get it to avoid time being wasted and give it to the GK.

I'd venture that the ball 'boy' seeing Hazard was coming over to get the ball should've left well alone but then that doesnt really fit with the desperate attempts to distort a toepoke of a ball under a 17 year old into a savage attack by an out of control, overpaid 15 stone beast of a footballer.

The way the media are desperately spinning this, you'd think it was a 6'6, wardrobe of a footballer smacking a defenseless 12 year old child, rather than a 21 year old 5'9, 10st footballer toepoking a ball away from a 17 year old who is more than likely heavier and stronger than the player.
Login to get fewer ads

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:32 - Jan 24 with 1185 viewspomanjou

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:22 - Jan 24 by daveB

Forget Barton, thats history.

What was Hazard guilty of? He nudged it out with a toe poke. If he'd given it a proppa kick then the ball would have thundered into the crowd and he'd have broken a few of the yoofs ribs. Guilty of not using commonsense. One game ban imo.

The yoof. Guilty of interference, poor acting and playing over genuine ball boy age group. Boot cleaning would seem appropriate.

The world has gone PC crackers.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:33 - Jan 24 with 1174 viewsQPR_John

Can we now confirm that any male aged 17 will in future be refered to as a "kid" or "young lad" whatever the situation.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:33 - Jan 24 with 1172 viewsngbqpr

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:24 - Jan 24 by daveB

well he doesn't really give the kid time to time waste, he goes for the ball and Hazard is with him before he even has time to time waste. He is only laying on the ball as Hazard shoves him to start with and he lands on it

Thanks for this dave, was about to post the same

The lad's clearly a bit of a kn ob, and in answer to the person who posted earlier, sounds like his director daddy did indeed get him to apologise in the dressing room - but as dave says, he is only on top of the ball cos Hazard knocked him over (admitedly light contact but enough to make him lose his balance). He didn't choose of his own free will to lie on the ball

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 1170 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:18 - Jan 24 by Konk

Konk from what I saw of the video I can't see how you can say the lad was time wasting . He does no different from other ball boys. Yes he did lay on the ball but that is because hazard put him there . It is obvious that he done wrong that is why they have taken the videos off you tube. Any player shouldn't be going at a ball boy with aggression no matter what he should get the same treatment as Barton 12 match ban IMO . His actions was inexcusable he lost his head and should be punished for it.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:36 - Jan 24 with 1157 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:26 - Jan 24 by daveB

it was the world cup, he threw the ball at the ball boy and was sent off. I think it was against Morrocco.

Dave, wasn't the WC sending-off for throwing the ball at the ref?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:36 - Jan 24 with 1152 viewsMrSheen

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:15 - Jan 24 by Pommyhoop

And how Chelsea,England fans wouldnt count it as Barnes was black.On the plane home they were singing one nil instead of two.

Wasn't it Uruguay, lost 2-0? I remember watching it at college, loads of us stayed up after the miracle in Brazil (i.e. Hateley scoring), and it was the only entertaining thing about the game. What made it even better was Barry Davies praising Wilkins as a model professional just as he trotted up to the ball-bay.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:41 - Jan 24 with 1125 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:34 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

Konk from what I saw of the video I can't see how you can say the lad was time wasting . He does no different from other ball boys. Yes he did lay on the ball but that is because hazard put him there . It is obvious that he done wrong that is why they have taken the videos off you tube. Any player shouldn't be going at a ball boy with aggression no matter what he should get the same treatment as Barton 12 match ban IMO . His actions was inexcusable he lost his head and should be punished for it.

Right, difference of opinion here. I think he's shepherding the ball away from play, no sense of any urgency. Hazard tries to get at the ball (fair enough if the ball boys fannying about), ball boy loses his balance after minimal contact and then decides to camp out on the ball. He's being an ar se. Ha zard is a tw at for getting involved, but if that was Fulham losing in a semi, I'd want our players to be trying to get things restarted too. Hazard will be punished, so I wouldn't worry about that. Nothing left to add!

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:42 - Jan 24 with 1123 viewsJamie

The angle Sky showed this morning.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:43 - Jan 24 with 1112 viewsKonk

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:36 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave, wasn't the WC sending-off for throwing the ball at the ref?

I think it was - slamming the ball into the ground or something like that?

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 1087 viewssimmo

I dont know why he tried to kick the ball out from under him, but the ball boy shouldnt have been lying on it trying to deliberately waste time.

The boy was being a dick, hazard did something very silly in response. That is that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 1087 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:32 - Jan 24 by pomanjou

What was Hazard guilty of? He nudged it out with a toe poke. If he'd given it a proppa kick then the ball would have thundered into the crowd and he'd have broken a few of the yoofs ribs. Guilty of not using commonsense. One game ban imo.

The yoof. Guilty of interference, poor acting and playing over genuine ball boy age group. Boot cleaning would seem appropriate.

Pomanju like you I think football is a mans game , I hate it when players dive and hate it when every soft tackle the whistle goes off . However I disagree with you about the kick it might look soft on the tv but haveing played on Sundays with the drunks lol ii have been kicked many times and ten years+ of being kicked and they still hurt each time .Although we get up straight back up otherwise there would be more kicks spit and p iss .Anyway I wonder how you would feel if that ballboy was a girl any different????
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:55 - Jan 24 with 1083 viewsgobbles

I just cannot understand people trying to justify this.

If you went into a shop or restaurant and were upset at the service, does that justify you pushing the shop assistant or waitress to the floor and kicking them?

It doesn't matter if his dad is a director, it doesn't matter if he said he was going to waste time, it doesn't mind if his Twitter page shows him drinking. That is all nonsense. The only thing that matter is if Hazard was justified in doing what he did. And any sane person would say he wasn't.

And if Hazard had just manned up and apologised, no one would be going on about this. Instead, he did that mealy-mouthed "he apologised to me, so I apologised to him" rubbish.

Compare that to the incident with David Luiz and a fan during the infamous game against Chelsea last season. We're hanging on, fan throws the ball away from him, he makes a gesture and is given dog's abuse. Yet, at the end of the game Luiz doesn't just slink off, he goes over to the crowd, finds the fan and apologises. And that shows the difference between Luiz and Hazard, one manned up and made a proper apology, Hazard hid and acted like a prick.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:55 - Jan 24 with 1081 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:53 - Jan 24 by simmo

I dont know why he tried to kick the ball out from under him, but the ball boy shouldnt have been lying on it trying to deliberately waste time.

The boy was being a dick, hazard did something very silly in response. That is that.

Simmo he was laying on it cos hazard put him there
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:03 - Jan 24 with 1051 viewssimmo

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:55 - Jan 24 by carrotcrunch_R

Simmo he was laying on it cos hazard put him there

Even IF Hazard 'put him there' its not exactly a natural position to take up is it, lying on a ball. If you fall down you will end up laid on one side or another of the ball. He knew what he was doing staying laid right on top of it.

It is the reaction to it, Hazard was bloody stupid instead of just having a word with the ref and getting some extra time put on at the end.

I dont know what this big furor is to be honest. They both did stupid things but the difference is Hazard is a grown man and a professional so should have acted appropriately. Take his ban and move on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:03 - Jan 24 with 1049 viewsJamie

"And if Hazard had just manned up and apologised, no one would be going on about this. Instead, he did that mealy-mouthed "he apologised to me, so I apologised to him" rubbish."

Admittedly you may have seen a different apology, but the one being run with is:

'I am sorry, I tried to kick the ball, I think I kicked the ball and maybe I caught him. I have apologised to him as he has apologised to me and it is over. I am sorry.'

Not sure what more you expect in apology.
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 1036 viewsdaveB

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:32 - Jan 24 by pomanjou

why forget Barton? You can be sure if that had been him last night we'd be looking at more than a one game ban. Are you really saying it only matters if you kick the kid properly and hurt him?
Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 1035 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Hazard just kicked a Swansea ballboy on 13:41 - Jan 24 by Konk

Right, difference of opinion here. I think he's shepherding the ball away from play, no sense of any urgency. Hazard tries to get at the ball (fair enough if the ball boys fannying about), ball boy loses his balance after minimal contact and then decides to camp out on the ball. He's being an ar se. Ha zard is a tw at for getting involved, but if that was Fulham losing in a semi, I'd want our players to be trying to get things restarted too. Hazard will be punished, so I wouldn't worry about that. Nothing left to add!

The players job is on the pitch not off it he had no right to be there. Normal circumstances the home keeper collects the ball if he time wastes he gets booked and more time gets added . The official are there to make sure the rules are obeyed and the game is played In the correct manner and fair to both sides.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024