Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London Sport 13:52 - Jan 20 with 38562 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone know what's going on at WLS?

No report on the new CEO and now nothing on the Dozzel move.

Dave McIntyre seems to be very quiet at the moment. Is he OK?
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:26 - Apr 19 with 4261 viewsSheffieldHoop

West London Sport on 23:30 - Feb 28 by SydneyRs

The media are not losing control at all, they still form the narrative on most things and to most people. Twitter is just another outlet now controlled by a billionaire using it for their own ends, just like most of the mainstream media.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

West London Sport on 18:32 - Sep 22 with 3592 viewsRagingbull1932

Just had a look at West london Sport and there doesn't seem to be even a mention of the QPR v Millwall match. I don't think the QPR section of WLS has been updated since the Luton game. I suppose they relied on a member of QPR staff for their scoops and maybe that information dried up if the member of staff left QPR. But it is strange that the match previews and reports have dried up too.
West London Sport on 20:06 - Sep 22 with 3288 viewsSuperhoops2808

West London Sport on 18:32 - Sep 22 by Ragingbull1932

Just had a look at West london Sport and there doesn't seem to be even a mention of the QPR v Millwall match. I don't think the QPR section of WLS has been updated since the Luton game. I suppose they relied on a member of QPR staff for their scoops and maybe that information dried up if the member of staff left QPR. But it is strange that the match previews and reports have dried up too.

Just a question... Why are you bouncing up old posts??
West London Sport on 20:48 - Sep 22 with 3122 viewsRagingbull1932

West London Sport on 20:06 - Sep 22 by Superhoops2808

Oh I only recently joined so I am catching up on a few interesting topics. This thread about is interesting because West london Sport used to be a good place for information but it isn't anymore
West London Sport on 21:12 - Sep 22 with 2994 viewssprocket

West London Sport on 18:32 - Sep 22 by Ragingbull1932

Apparently WLS no longer covering QPR , suspect they are only covering EPL teams which is a real pity IMO. Sign of the times perhaps.
West London Sport on 22:12 - Sep 22 with 2733 viewsstevec

West London Sport on 21:12 - Sep 22 by sprocket

Apparently WLS no longer covering QPR , suspect they are only covering EPL teams which is a real pity IMO. Sign of the times perhaps.

Judging by some of the dross that seeped onto here via WLS, their loss is our gain.
West London Sport on 22:16 - Sep 22 with 2703 viewsNorthernr

Hmmm. So that's now no outlet at all able to ask direct questions of the club and publish their answers?

Not a positive development at all, and will not end well.
West London Sport on 22:20 - Sep 22 with 2664 viewscolinallcars

Oh for the days of the Shepherds Bush Gazette and West London Observer.

I read the Haslemere Clarion now.
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport on 22:34 - Sep 22 with 2566 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West London Sport on 22:16 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Hmmm. So that's now no outlet at all able to ask direct questions of the club and publish their answers?

Not a positive development at all, and will not end well.

If there's one thing we can't accuse WLS of doing, is asking direct questions!

The length of time it took their main man to attempt to ask a question, I'm surprised the interviewee knew what it was he was being asked.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport on 22:53 - Sep 22 with 2463 viewsNorthernr

West London Sport on 22:34 - Sep 22 by PlanetHonneywood

If there's one thing we can't accuse WLS of doing, is asking direct questions!

The length of time it took their main man to attempt to ask a question, I'm surprised the interviewee knew what it was he was being asked.

Ok, but point still stands. If they're not talking to WLS, and they're not talking to LFW, and the manager won't appear at the fans forum.... who are they talking to?
West London Sport on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 2341 viewskensalriser

West London Sport on 22:53 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Ok, but point still stands. If they're not talking to WLS, and they're not talking to LFW, and the manager won't appear at the fans forum.... who are they talking to?

No comment.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

West London Sport on 23:16 - Sep 22 with 2336 viewsHayesender

Maybe that question should be fired at Nourry at the fans forum between "why has my son been let go?" And "when are they sorting out the water pressure in the bogs?"

Poll: Shamima Beghum

West London Sport on 23:35 - Sep 22 with 2205 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I get it, but we're not dealing with North Korea here. If questions need to be asked, then through the many forums, keep asking them, and keep telling people they've been asked. The club might be hellbent on controlling the message, but that can only last so long.

Clearly, WLS isn't interested/able anymore, and that's inevitably due to low traffic/readership for which we can piece the reasons why together.

Keep peppering Kim Jung Nourry and telling us, he'll break first.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport on 01:09 - Sep 23 with 2068 viewsBoston

I've followed Rangers for well over 50 years, never read the WLS and pretty certain I've never even seen it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

West London Sport on 02:20 - Sep 23 with 1995 viewsHoopsie

Sneak a question in during post match conference? that's probably the only time manager will appear and talk

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

West London Sport on 07:35 - Sep 23 with 1790 viewsQPROslo

West London Sport on 20:06 - Sep 22 by Superhoops2808

Well just a week or two ago they had one of their podcast things which they concluded by promising to be back soon. They haven't and our games with Palace and Walll have come and gone without any mention. No injury news, no team news, no match report, no manager interview, no player rating, no nothing. Prior to this they were doing all of this again.
West London Sport on 07:46 - Sep 23 with 1734 viewsGaryBannister86

West London Sport on 07:35 - Sep 23 by QPROslo

Well just a week or two ago they had one of their podcast things which they concluded by promising to be back soon. They haven't and our games with Palace and Walll have come and gone without any mention. No injury news, no team news, no match report, no manager interview, no player rating, no nothing. Prior to this they were doing all of this again.

Dave Mc on Twitter (X) saying that they are indeed no longer covering QPR, but with no reason as to why.

Lost their inside info? Not enough interest? (not what he said previously) Something to do with Nourry? Just personal reasons?

I don't know, but it is a sad loss for QPR coverage and proper inside info (when it was at its peak).
West London Sport on 07:55 - Sep 23 with 1691 viewsdmm

The obvious question to ponder must be: Is this a result of Nourry's public communication policy? But, of course, will we get a definitive answer to that question?
West London Sport on 08:13 - Sep 23 with 1596 viewsQPROslo

Not WLS but something else that's gone missing for over a month now I think is the Official's QPR Report. They were all a bit too bland imo, but did give some interesting background information.
West London Sport on 08:13 - Sep 23 with 1596 viewsdaveB

West London Sport on 22:20 - Sep 22 by colinallcars

Oh for the days of the Shepherds Bush Gazette and West London Observer.

I read the Haslemere Clarion now.

for many years the writers on QPR in those papers were the same people who run west London Sport

A real shame they are not longer covering QPR, Dave Mc has been the main man for QPR stories for the last 25 years
West London Sport on 08:19 - Sep 23 with 1557 viewsGaryBannister86

West London Sport on 08:13 - Sep 23 by daveB

for many years the writers on QPR in those papers were the same people who run west London Sport

A real shame they are not longer covering QPR, Dave Mc has been the main man for QPR stories for the last 25 years

Seconded - he's been brilliant and will be much missed.

I presume as he is a journalist if it was some scandalous reason that they have stopped he would actually reveal it?
West London Sport on 08:56 - Sep 23 with 1400 viewsdaveB

West London Sport on 08:19 - Sep 23 by GaryBannister86

Seconded - he's been brilliant and will be much missed.

I presume as he is a journalist if it was some scandalous reason that they have stopped he would actually reveal it?

I don't know but think it will be down to multiple reasons but having 3 premier league clubs on our door step is probably a big factor
West London Sport on 08:59 - Sep 23 with 1389 viewsdm97

If it is club induced (I.e. Nourry telling them to get f’d) then this North Korean approach to comms is going to turn very sour in weeks not months - which quite a few of us on here have been saying was inevitable.

That said, it sounds from what Dave Mc and Ian M have said previously this might just be harsh realities of local rags. Clicks on prem articles probably their major revenue stream even if the core fan base is more QPR.

Theme of it all - comms vacuums bad, transparency good.
West London Sport on 09:58 - Sep 23 with 1195 viewsRagingbull1932

i think one of the reasons for the serious demise of West London Sport is because David McIntyre left England some time ago. I have been told by a contact in the media that David McIntrye doesn't live in London anymore and now lives in the Republic of Ireland.
West London Sport on 10:08 - Sep 23 with 1117 viewsBAWHoops

I do understand that with 3 Premier League clubs and limited resources you wouldn't really bother covering QPR.
The money for a small business is the other 3 clubs.

Dave Mc I'm sure will still write stories and reports etc. He'll just 'sell' those stories to other papers and news outlets.

It's a huge shame as there simply isn't a local QPR news source online which is absolutely wild

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024