Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff relegation 22/23 18:15 - Apr 15 with 3325 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this a distinct possibility?

They are horrendous.

No money, heap of players out of contract, court cases worth millions hanging over their heads, loan players due to go back, no doubt an even emptier echoing stadium next season and a manager that doesn’t seem to inspire anyone.

They are a bit cockroach like so not sure it will come to fruition, but they seem primed to be the best free fall club.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:44 - Apr 16 with 955 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 15:43 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

What?

If an agent is employed to complete a project, and they complete the project (which they did), then they are no longer employed. If the deal was already completed then they are no longer working in their interests.

Plus it is not illegal to arrange a flight with a company. My company often lays on Ubers for free, if one of them crashed it’s not their fault.

Again, “doing nothing wrong” doesn’t come into it. Not sure why you seem to be going down that route.

Did we do anything wrong when Besian passed away? Would you suggest we withhold instalments if we had owed them? Of course not.

How do you know they completed the project? This is being determined by legal experts. There are a lot of issues to be resolved by experts in the profession which do not include me or you (from your own testimony). The wording of the documents outline the deal completion mile posts. (in English and possibly French).

It would be unwise to call the result without all the information. It is not cut and dried in my opinion. You believe it is. We shall soon find out.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:48 - Apr 16 with 951 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:44 - Apr 16 by ReslovenSwan1

How do you know they completed the project? This is being determined by legal experts. There are a lot of issues to be resolved by experts in the profession which do not include me or you (from your own testimony). The wording of the documents outline the deal completion mile posts. (in English and possibly French).

It would be unwise to call the result without all the information. It is not cut and dried in my opinion. You believe it is. We shall soon find out.

Because it was determined that the transfer was complete. FAW and FIFA have confirmed that international clearance was granted and it went through the TRS.

Complete.

If it is not an easy case then put forward an argument. The only one you seem to have is “Cardiff did nothing wrong” which isn’t an argument for anything.

I didn’t do anything wrong either, I’ve still got to pay for things I buy.

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:53 - Apr 16 with 942 viewsChief

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 15:31 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct. It’s not even a difficult case.

If Cardiff had insured him there is no way they would be kicking up this fuss. Plus of course you don’t insure other clubs players, so if they insured him then they owned him by default.

He left Nantes, cleared his locker and signed with another club. From that moment nobody is working in Nantes interests, what happens after that is not of their concern. He’s been sold.

Cardiff had the option to look after their asset by arranging a suitable flight for him. They declined and offered him a budget airline hours away from where he was, so he refused and arranged transport himself.

As you say, Cardiff have a real case against the plane company (although think they are dissolved with very little assets based out of Norfolk - plane registered in the States) and they may also have a case against David Henderson, the original pilot who was found guilty for reckless endangerment.

But none of that impacts what they owe Nantes and of course neither party would be able to service such a court case so it would be futile.

They owe the lot + interest + court fees + possible damages.

Yea if they had insurance it would just be treated as if for example he'd have sustained a career ending injury in his first warm up. Pay Nantes then claim the fee back on the insurance and wage liability.

The most dispicable part of Cardiff trying to pretend he wasn't their player is that what his family was due in death in service type payments they won't be eligible for. Because his employer (a multi million paid operation owned by a billionaire) are trying to wash their hands of him. Not paying Nantes is bad but that aspect is worse with a suicide in the family too.

Yet by Resloven's reckoning "Cardiff have done nothing wrong".

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:56 - Apr 16 with 934 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:53 - Apr 16 by Chief

Yea if they had insurance it would just be treated as if for example he'd have sustained a career ending injury in his first warm up. Pay Nantes then claim the fee back on the insurance and wage liability.

The most dispicable part of Cardiff trying to pretend he wasn't their player is that what his family was due in death in service type payments they won't be eligible for. Because his employer (a multi million paid operation owned by a billionaire) are trying to wash their hands of him. Not paying Nantes is bad but that aspect is worse with a suicide in the family too.

Yet by Resloven's reckoning "Cardiff have done nothing wrong".

They said they were going to set up a Trust fund in his name for his family.

The family had to go public and call them out to say they have done no such thing. It destroyed the family, I believe the father has since died too.

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:01 - Apr 16 with 913 viewsChief

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 17:56 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

They said they were going to set up a Trust fund in his name for his family.

The family had to go public and call them out to say they have done no such thing. It destroyed the family, I believe the father has since died too.

I think that fund was finally set up. Whether it contains a comparable figure to how much a family of premier league footballer on 40 odd k a week on a 3 plus year contract death in service pay out is up for debate....

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:06 - Apr 16 with 903 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 15:31 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct. It’s not even a difficult case.

If Cardiff had insured him there is no way they would be kicking up this fuss. Plus of course you don’t insure other clubs players, so if they insured him then they owned him by default.

He left Nantes, cleared his locker and signed with another club. From that moment nobody is working in Nantes interests, what happens after that is not of their concern. He’s been sold.

Cardiff had the option to look after their asset by arranging a suitable flight for him. They declined and offered him a budget airline hours away from where he was, so he refused and arranged transport himself.

As you say, Cardiff have a real case against the plane company (although think they are dissolved with very little assets based out of Norfolk - plane registered in the States) and they may also have a case against David Henderson, the original pilot who was found guilty for reckless endangerment.

But none of that impacts what they owe Nantes and of course neither party would be able to service such a court case so it would be futile.

They owe the lot + interest + court fees + possible damages.

We offered him a BA flight from Paris ffs….if he had taken it he would still be alive. Is BA budget now? Him and his Nantes agent sorted out a death flight on a shit plane with an unqualified pilot whose boss is currently in Jail. McKay shoukd be too, but he’s desperately holding on to try and get his 2 million for killing a young footballer
Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:10 - Apr 16 with 894 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:06 - Apr 16 by bennytheblue

We offered him a BA flight from Paris ffs….if he had taken it he would still be alive. Is BA budget now? Him and his Nantes agent sorted out a death flight on a shit plane with an unqualified pilot whose boss is currently in Jail. McKay shoukd be too, but he’s desperately holding on to try and get his 2 million for killing a young footballer

He was in Nantes, 4 hours drive away from Paris.

Yes you offered a regular commercial flight which he obviously rejected. He then had to arrange his own.

He was already your player as FIFA and the FAW confirmed, who booked the flight is irrelevant. It’s not illegal to book a flight.

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:25 - Apr 16 with 855 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:10 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes you offered a regular commercial flight which he obviously rejected. He then had to arrange his own.

He was already your player as FIFA and the FAW confirmed, who booked the flight is irrelevant. It’s not illegal to book a flight.

Yes pay up you slimming Phuuurkers ..
Please please 21 point deduction next season for them
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 841 viewsjasper_T

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:25 - Apr 16 by owainglyndwr

Won't be next season the speed the EFL work.
Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:44 - Apr 16 with 822 viewsbennytheblue

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 18:10 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Is BA a budget airline then? News to me….you failed again straight away
Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 23:41 - Apr 16 with 761 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:44 - Apr 16 by bennytheblue

Is BA a budget airline then? News to me….you failed again straight away

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/destinations/paris/flights-to-paris

Around £40 in January. Pretty good if you are on a budget? No?

Compared to something such as this which would get him from Nantes to the U.K. for about £3000. No 4 hour car journey, no being bothered by passengers who know him.

I would have thought for a £15m new signing there would be more interest in getting him to the U.K. in a safe and convenient manner than:-

“Want a commercial flight leaving from *checks notes*… hundreds of miles away from where you are?”… “No? Well we tried… Best of luck then”.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 0:09]

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 00:29 - Apr 17 with 740 viewsDr_Parnassus

Also there was a very odd professional relationship between the McKays, Cardiff and Warnock which under scrutiny will no doubt show that they were working within Cardiff’s interests. Again, not that it matters too much as it is still not illegal to book a flight… I believe Warnock flew over to Nantes with the same company.

But there is truth to the story that in return for certain favours, the McKay sons were allowed to play for Cardiff and be professional footballers even though they are nowhere near good enough. Not just one of his rubbish sons, BUT BOTH.

Signed by the club and then pushed out on loan to lower league clubs before falling their way down the Scottish leagues… strange signings for a Premier League club to make. No?

Their career paths are near identical too:- Doncaster, Leeds, Cardiff, Airdrieonians. What are the chances of that? Wonder what favours daddy was doing for those clubs.

I don’t think the relationship between Cardiff, Warnock and McKay wants too much scrutiny somehow…
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 2:00]

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 00:56 - Apr 17 with 717 viewsChief

Not that it's particularly relevant at this point because I don't think the court for arbitration for sport will delve into or rule on matters pertaining to manslaughter etc, but is there evidence out there that the flight back to Wales arranged via Nantes football club? Or was it just Sala's agent arranging something as a favour?

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 01:01 - Apr 17 with 705 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 00:29 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Also there was a very odd professional relationship between the McKays, Cardiff and Warnock which under scrutiny will no doubt show that they were working within Cardiff’s interests. Again, not that it matters too much as it is still not illegal to book a flight… I believe Warnock flew over to Nantes with the same company.

But there is truth to the story that in return for certain favours, the McKay sons were allowed to play for Cardiff and be professional footballers even though they are nowhere near good enough. Not just one of his rubbish sons, BUT BOTH.

Signed by the club and then pushed out on loan to lower league clubs before falling their way down the Scottish leagues… strange signings for a Premier League club to make. No?

Their career paths are near identical too:- Doncaster, Leeds, Cardiff, Airdrieonians. What are the chances of that? Wonder what favours daddy was doing for those clubs.

I don’t think the relationship between Cardiff, Warnock and McKay wants too much scrutiny somehow…
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 2:00]

I would have driven him from France for half that.
I’ve done it for our lot 🇫🇷

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 01:21 - Apr 17 with 688 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 00:56 - Apr 17 by Chief

Not that it's particularly relevant at this point because I don't think the court for arbitration for sport will delve into or rule on matters pertaining to manslaughter etc, but is there evidence out there that the flight back to Wales arranged via Nantes football club? Or was it just Sala's agent arranging something as a favour?

Neither.

Sala’s agent (or more accurately the broker for the deal) was Mark McKay, Willie McKay was the one who arranged the flight, who is not a football agent after having his license revoked.

But Willie was helping both Cardiff and Nantes at the time in a non professional capacity - his sons being granted professional status at Cardiff is evidence of their appreciation of his continued benefits for the club. To paint him as a Nantes employee as some have tried is funny.

Nantes have nothing to do with it.

It’s the same thing as us selling Piroe to Leicester. We sign the papers, do the deal, Leicester announce him as their player take pictures of him wearing the shirt etc…

He goes back to Holland to gather more of his things before moving to Leicester and crashes on the way there (touch wood this would never happen obviously). Then Leicester refuse to pay because the pilot of the plane he chose was drunk.

That would have nothing to do with us. They would still owe us the money - but they would likely have a litigious case against the plane carrier (if they have assets to that level of course).

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 10:58 - Apr 17 with 593 views1983

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:25 - Apr 16 by owainglyndwr

No need our capital will struggle next season on and off the pitch

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 11:08 - Apr 17 with 572 viewsGixerJack

Cardiff relegation 22/23 on 19:34 - Apr 15 by bennytheblue

Eh? We get promoted every year that ends in 3 dont u know? Also, since Morison took over I believe we’d be in the playoffs…..still, rather be sustainable our wage bill will be it’s lowest for over a decade with lots of youth coming through. Dream on Roathie

You also seem to win a major trophy when the numbers 2197 make up the year so you’d better book that open top bus ready 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024