Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asou-Ekotto 15:14 - Aug 16 with 4464 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just saw a think about old Benoit in an article.
Had absolutely totally forgotten he played for us. But he did, didn't he? And was mostly awful.
Any other players you're slightly surprised about when you remember them playing for us? I think most of them probably came during that season, actually.

Bare bones.

Asou-Ekotto on 08:49 - Aug 17 with 738 viewsWoodlaneR

Asou-Ekotto on 15:27 - Aug 16 by Rs_Holy

The epitome of the modern day footballer! Incredibly talented, super rich, but not really that bothered… apparently he had no interest in football?

Yeah your right. In his earlier days at Spurs he did an interview in a paper or magazine and said he didn't like football, never watches it and doesnt look at the league table or fixtures. I met him once when he was flying to Cameroon with Alexandre Song and he actually came across as a nice guy......
Asou-Ekotto on 08:50 - Aug 17 with 735 viewsWatford_Ranger

Asou-Ekotto on 21:58 - Aug 16 by LongsufferingR

Leicester away springs to mind. What a great day that was.

Yes! Backed him for first goal for some reason.

Nygaard scoring the goal of his life.
Asou-Ekotto on 09:30 - Aug 17 with 696 viewsnix

Asou-Ekotto on 08:35 - Aug 17 by Antti_Heinola

Nix, I really appreciate your diplomacy, but I always think that for the sake of a good forum, it's best to state clearly how you really feel. ;)

Yep, always being told I’m too wishy, washy and need to say what I really think 🤔.

I’m sure he’s lovely in real life and nice to his mum though.
Asou-Ekotto on 10:47 - Aug 17 with 648 viewsBlameMcLintock

Great hair - but a terrible player for us.

The one player that has irritated me most over the last years. Even more than Bosingwa, I think. I can handle a bad player (we have had some of them), but a talented player with obvious skills who doesn't try, doesn't break a sweat, looks totaly uninterested and on top of it all uses our games as an audition for an role on the National Theatre made me furious.

So Antti - I have not forgotten him.
Asou-Ekotto on 10:58 - Aug 17 with 637 viewsterryb

Asou-Ekotto on 16:25 - Aug 16 by simmo

When he first came he was so far ahead of the rest of the league it was almost a joke, but when things settled and he didn't fancy it anymore he absolutely took the piss. Sure there was a game where he let a man just waltz past him and instead of taking the grief he laid on the floor and pretended to be injured.

Still, we've had worse players - just.

He had also done that playing for Tottenham against us!

Mackie kept going through him (rather than round him) & BAE was very quick to raise the white flag before he walked off the pitch.

I'm one of the few that even preferred "The Sainted Jose"!
Asou-Ekotto on 11:42 - Aug 17 with 606 viewsDesertBoot

Asou-Ekotto on 16:25 - Aug 16 by simmo

When he first came he was so far ahead of the rest of the league it was almost a joke, but when things settled and he didn't fancy it anymore he absolutely took the piss. Sure there was a game where he let a man just waltz past him and instead of taking the grief he laid on the floor and pretended to be injured.

Still, we've had worse players - just.

he did that away to Brighton and was hauled off soon after. On the train home Phil Beard, perhaps a bit drunk, spent the entire journey back to London slagging him off and laying into Redknapp ("He's been given the keys to the club") in some style.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024