Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
golf, the masters 23:41 - Apr 2 with 7808 viewsbob566

One of the greatest sporting events of the year. Who's your money on?
golf, the masters on 07:34 - Apr 6 with 1633 viewskingsburyR

golf, the masters on 07:27 - Apr 6 by ElHoop

Johnson falling down the stairs isn't actually the greatest of surprises given some of his previous indiscretions. Of course he may have actually just fallen down the stairs and hurt himself, but you can't help but wonder.

I would never back him and he will win sometimes but that's fine, let him win, but he's possibly got a small sized head for a top sportsman and he does the odd stupid thing like forgetting that sand by the side of the fairway is actually a bunker, so you always wonder whether the pressure will get to him again.

Although I agree with most of what you have said throughout this thread (have backed Henley for first round leader) I disagree with your views on DJ's mindset.

Has developed into a serial winner and since his "time off" has come back stonger both in frame and mind!

However, i havent back him and with news of his fall have decided to look elsewhere!

I don't think Speith will win it, Rory has a great shout but I'll look for value.

Still sicking with Fleetwood and Keokpa (sp?)

Nobody at all is talking about Stenson which surprises me.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

golf, the masters on 07:43 - Apr 6 with 1627 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 07:34 - Apr 6 by kingsburyR

Although I agree with most of what you have said throughout this thread (have backed Henley for first round leader) I disagree with your views on DJ's mindset.

Has developed into a serial winner and since his "time off" has come back stonger both in frame and mind!

However, i havent back him and with news of his fall have decided to look elsewhere!

I don't think Speith will win it, Rory has a great shout but I'll look for value.

Yeah Ok fair enough. I'm probably biased against Johnson. He's turned it around for sure and he's been playing very well, but if someone came up and said to me 'which Masters golfer do you reckon has just fallen down the stairs?' then I'd say Johnson without even thinking about it.
golf, the masters on 08:29 - Apr 6 with 1614 viewsBrianMcCarthy

golf, the masters on 07:43 - Apr 6 by ElHoop

Yeah Ok fair enough. I'm probably biased against Johnson. He's turned it around for sure and he's been playing very well, but if someone came up and said to me 'which Masters golfer do you reckon has just fallen down the stairs?' then I'd say Johnson without even thinking about it.

Made me laugh.

Whereas if someone came up and asked me "which Master golfer do you reckon has just sacked his carpenter, changed his hammer and decided to rebuild the stairs" I'd say McIlroy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

golf, the masters on 08:52 - Apr 6 with 1608 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 08:29 - Apr 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Made me laugh.

Whereas if someone came up and asked me "which Master golfer do you reckon has just sacked his carpenter, changed his hammer and decided to rebuild the stairs" I'd say McIlroy!

Yeah that does sound like Rory haha, with the girlfriend carrying the toolbox.
golf, the masters on 09:55 - Apr 6 with 1596 viewsOllie23

golf, the masters on 07:27 - Apr 6 by ElHoop

Johnson falling down the stairs isn't actually the greatest of surprises given some of his previous indiscretions. Of course he may have actually just fallen down the stairs and hurt himself, but you can't help but wonder.

I would never back him and he will win sometimes but that's fine, let him win, but he's possibly got a small sized head for a top sportsman and he does the odd stupid thing like forgetting that sand by the side of the fairway is actually a bunker, so you always wonder whether the pressure will get to him again.

Johnson has had some erratic behaviour in his past, not too dissimilar to many other sportsmen from a difficult background, but has come into his own the last year

Recent interviews from the world's best such as Mcilroy and Spieth have come out and said it was a matter of time till Johnson became number 1. His long game dominates the field and he prioritised his wedge game in the last few years as he hits more of these than anyone else due to his length

I'm not so sure he's the young and unstable golfer people think anymore
golf, the masters on 10:33 - Apr 6 with 1580 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 09:55 - Apr 6 by Ollie23

Johnson has had some erratic behaviour in his past, not too dissimilar to many other sportsmen from a difficult background, but has come into his own the last year

Recent interviews from the world's best such as Mcilroy and Spieth have come out and said it was a matter of time till Johnson became number 1. His long game dominates the field and he prioritised his wedge game in the last few years as he hits more of these than anyone else due to his length

I'm not so sure he's the young and unstable golfer people think anymore

Well he is a very good player, that's for sure, and betting is not the be all and end all or whatever the phrase is, so hopefully he can get out there later and give his best. I did back him that time with the grounded club in the weird bunkers and couldn't really understand why he didn't know the rules - I can't trust him enough to back him after that. He might still win - good luck to him, but he shouldn't really be falling down the stairs should he?
golf, the masters on 10:49 - Apr 6 with 1567 viewsOllie23

golf, the masters on 10:33 - Apr 6 by ElHoop

Well he is a very good player, that's for sure, and betting is not the be all and end all or whatever the phrase is, so hopefully he can get out there later and give his best. I did back him that time with the grounded club in the weird bunkers and couldn't really understand why he didn't know the rules - I can't trust him enough to back him after that. He might still win - good luck to him, but he shouldn't really be falling down the stairs should he?

Yeah very true, a part of me does wonder if that's what really happened...hopefully nothing serious because it would be awesome to watch him down the stretch on Sunday if he's hitting the ball like he has been recently
golf, the masters on 11:40 - Apr 6 with 1539 viewsTheChef

golf, the masters on 07:34 - Apr 6 by kingsburyR

Paddy Power offering eight places, so in theory an e/w bet on Speith should help to cover other bets.

I've also gone e/w on Leishman who was 50-1 last night.

The missus has plumped for Rose and Westwood both e/w, I admire her patriotism!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

golf, the masters on 12:29 - Apr 6 with 1518 viewsYorkRanger

golf, the masters on 15:11 - Apr 5 by AgedR

Stenson has excellent majors form and looks e/w value at around 33/1

Agreed - had a couple of quid each way at 33/1
golf, the masters on 14:03 - Apr 6 with 1460 viewspaulparker

golf, the masters on 12:29 - Apr 6 by YorkRanger

Agreed - had a couple of quid each way at 33/1

Done the same York, great value e/w for stenson

have also gone for Fowler , Mickleson, & snedeker ,

Rahm I would say is also a great shout but ive run out of money in my PP account

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

golf, the masters on 14:29 - Apr 6 with 1443 viewskingsburyR

golf, the masters on 14:03 - Apr 6 by paulparker

Done the same York, great value e/w for stenson

have also gone for Fowler , Mickleson, & snedeker ,

Rahm I would say is also a great shout but ive run out of money in my PP account

PaulParker account?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

golf, the masters on 14:47 - Apr 6 with 1435 viewspaulparker

golf, the masters on 14:29 - Apr 6 by kingsburyR

PaulParker account?

Paddy Power , but the Paulparker account is also brassic

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

golf, the masters on 15:49 - Apr 6 with 1408 viewsToast_R

Old Louis Oosthuizen is having a right old mare. There goes one of mine...
golf, the masters on 18:06 - Apr 6 with 1385 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 15:49 - Apr 6 by Toast_R

Old Louis Oosthuizen is having a right old mare. There goes one of mine...

In fairness to Oosty, he's stuck at it. Anyone par or under is going to be well in this by the end of the day.

Not a great start for my lot. I backed Pieters for top rookie but not to win. Not much damage done but with the wind possibly brewing up you're trying to nick an advantage and it hasn't happened.
golf, the masters on 18:10 - Apr 7 with 1297 viewsrunningman75

Hoffman looks to be struggling with the pressure now level with Garcia. Going to be a late night on Sunday with probably 4 to 5 players in with a chance of winning it.
golf, the masters on 05:21 - Apr 9 with 1234 viewsFredManRave

Set up really well for a great Sunday despite Leftie blowing It today. I can't see It being anyone other than Rose, García or Speight. Hopefully García.

Should be a great days golf and could go to a playoff.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

golf, the masters on 06:59 - Apr 9 with 1210 viewsBlackCrowe

Got £4 EW on Rose - current cash out is £33. May stay the distance. You can call me FreddieEddie.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

golf, the masters on 09:26 - Apr 9 with 1190 viewsElHoop

Don't forget what happened in 2011 - Rory 4 ahead after 3 rounds and Schwartzel mowed him down in three holes to level it up - birdie, par, eagle. Schwartzel then won the Masters by birdieing the last four holes - which has never been done before. The pins are usually in the easiest places on Sunday so you'd expect someone to shoot 66 today - so you'd think that -10 is a minimum winning score. So Scott and Schwartzel have outside chances but the number of players -4 or better makes me think that one of those will win. Spieth and Fowler play together and are good mates so that might cocoon them a little from the pressure. I'd go for one of those to win and already have Spieth and I'm not backing any more. If Spieth gets in front then I'll lay it off and pull out the stumps - should be fantastic though.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 9:28]
golf, the masters on 09:39 - Apr 9 with 1178 viewsstowmarketrange

golf, the masters on 09:26 - Apr 9 by ElHoop

Don't forget what happened in 2011 - Rory 4 ahead after 3 rounds and Schwartzel mowed him down in three holes to level it up - birdie, par, eagle. Schwartzel then won the Masters by birdieing the last four holes - which has never been done before. The pins are usually in the easiest places on Sunday so you'd expect someone to shoot 66 today - so you'd think that -10 is a minimum winning score. So Scott and Schwartzel have outside chances but the number of players -4 or better makes me think that one of those will win. Spieth and Fowler play together and are good mates so that might cocoon them a little from the pressure. I'd go for one of those to win and already have Spieth and I'm not backing any more. If Spieth gets in front then I'll lay it off and pull out the stumps - should be fantastic though.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 9:28]

I think Rose being paired with Garcia could help them both,but if I had to choose I'd like Garcia to win his first major on Seve's 60th birthday.
golf, the masters on 10:17 - Apr 9 with 1164 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 09:39 - Apr 9 by stowmarketrange

I think Rose being paired with Garcia could help them both,but if I had to choose I'd like Garcia to win his first major on Seve's 60th birthday.

I'm not sure that Rose is exactly a bundle of laughs and Garcia might have been better suited to setting a target here, rather than possibly chasing one under massive pressure. He hasn't failed to win a major because he's not good enough, he's failed because his bottle tends to go. It would be good to see him win, but this is going to be tough.

Spieth fell apart on the Sunday last year and he's a lot more robust than Garcia - he then went away on holiday afterwards with Fowler, Thomas and Kaufman and you get the impression that these guys stick together. We shall see.
golf, the masters on 22:04 - Apr 9 with 1094 viewsLongsufferingR

US golf fans..........what the fk?

Did someone really just shout "Ham and cheese Ricky" after Fowler played a shot at the 11th?
golf, the masters on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1078 viewsBrianMcCarthy

golf, the masters on 22:04 - Apr 9 by LongsufferingR

US golf fans..........what the fk?

Did someone really just shout "Ham and cheese Ricky" after Fowler played a shot at the 11th?

I can only presume that Roger Irrelevant is in the crowd?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

golf, the masters on 00:16 - Apr 10 with 1005 viewsDannyPaddox

golf, the masters on 22:23 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I can only presume that Roger Irrelevant is in the crowd?

Roger Mellie taking a dump in the bunker during pro-celebrity golf. One of those Viz moments that stay with you for ever.
golf, the masters on 00:38 - Apr 10 with 996 viewsHantsR

Oh well, didn't actually want either of them to lose and neither deserved to, but would have preferred our local lad to have edged it.
golf, the masters on 00:56 - Apr 10 with 976 viewsqpr1976

Wanted Rose to win, but pleased for Sergio finally breaking his Major duck and on Seve's B/day too...... Written in the stars ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024