Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... 17:59 - Oct 8 with 16962 viewsJackBaston

what a chicken nugget he is

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fc-l
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:54 - Oct 8 with 2639 viewsplasjack

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:43 - Oct 8 by Griffting

What have the board said?? I must have missed this.

Sorry Griffting, my comments were to Bluey.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:54 - Oct 8 with 2638 viewsFlashberryjack

It is possible that Giggs is actually telling the truth.

Giggs....How much will I have to spend in the next transfer window Mr Jenkins ?

Huw....Half of what you'll get from selling players.

Giggs...How much will my contract be worth ?

Huw ....Half as much as any decent manager would ask.....that's why I'm considering you.

Giggs.... Where do you expect the club to be in 2 or 3 seasons.

Huw.... Still in the Premier League (I hope), but I'll be gone well before that, so it won't matter much to me one way or another.

Giggs..... There does seem be a distinct lack of enthusiasm in your voice Mr Jenkins.

Huw.....Enthusiasm f*cking Enthusiasm !!! haven't you watched "From a Jack to a King.

Giggs ... I'm sorry, but I haven't Mr Jenkins.

Huw....Now listen son.....do want this f*cking job or what? if not, don't slam the door on your way out.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:56 - Oct 8 with 2630 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:51 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

Look at it this way.

Your owners won't admit no interviews, only ever wanted Bradley. Bad for PR, especially if/when he fails. So allow a compliant media to name names... bolsters Bradley "hey look, he interviewed better than big names".

Clubs aren't beating down Giggs' door to offer him a job. Never in the running for you but named in the media... damage limitation - say he pulled out for valid "reasons". Hardly going to boost his career having to admit he was never approached, a journeyman at best manager the preferred option...

Making the best of a bad situation for both parties.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2016 18:52]

Facking hell

You need to take a break from all things Swansea City oddball

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:59 - Oct 8 with 2619 viewsblueytheblue

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:56 - Oct 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Facking hell

You need to take a break from all things Swansea City oddball

So media used as mouthpieces for club PR on a regular basis. Media reports about managerial "interviews" must however be utterly kosher.

Just threw something out there. Can see how it's plausible.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:01 - Oct 8 with 2611 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:02 - Oct 8 with 2608 viewsmonmouth

Flash

No, it is not possible that Giggs is actually telling the truth.
#Hardwired.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:30 - Oct 8 with 2503 viewsSwansNZ

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:28 - Oct 8 by Gowerjack

So are you implying that Giggs is lying ?

Has he form for that sort of thing....?

Not at all Bro

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:47 - Oct 8 with 2444 viewsWxmJax

Article begins with the words Welsh legend which was enough for me to not take the rest of it seriously.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:47 - Oct 8 with 2442 viewsstAteSwan

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:51 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

Look at it this way.

Your owners won't admit no interviews, only ever wanted Bradley. Bad for PR, especially if/when he fails. So allow a compliant media to name names... bolsters Bradley "hey look, he interviewed better than big names".

Clubs aren't beating down Giggs' door to offer him a job. Never in the running for you but named in the media... damage limitation - say he pulled out for valid "reasons". Hardly going to boost his career having to admit he was never approached, a journeyman at best manager the preferred option...

Making the best of a bad situation for both parties.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2016 18:52]

I'm not sure what the rules are in the UK regarding this, but in the United States it's almost illegal to hire someone for a job without first interviewing. Especially in professional sport.

I just have a hard time believing that two people who have to interview by law for jobs they offer, suddenly decide they are not going to interview for this one.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:50 - Oct 8 with 2435 viewsjacksfullaces

interesting everyone is attacking Giggs on this.

whatever his ambitions might be I see it as re-inforcing the feeling our board is in deep water and showing limited ambition and leadership.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:52 - Oct 8 with 2425 viewsWarwickHunt

We had to interview him to find out he was inexperienced?

Peter Crouch may as well save his bus fare and not bother with the jockey interview.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:54 - Oct 8 with 2419 viewsDr_Winston

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:47 - Oct 8 by stAteSwan

I'm not sure what the rules are in the UK regarding this, but in the United States it's almost illegal to hire someone for a job without first interviewing. Especially in professional sport.

I just have a hard time believing that two people who have to interview by law for jobs they offer, suddenly decide they are not going to interview for this one.

We never interviewed when Guidolin's predecessor got the job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:54 - Oct 8 with 2416 viewsWarwickHunt

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:47 - Oct 8 by stAteSwan

You're new here, aren't you?
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:56 - Oct 8 with 2409 viewsDarran

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:52 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

Peter Crouch may as well save his bus fare and not bother with the jockey interview.

Koeman didn't even have an interview.

Just saying incase you didn't know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:57 - Oct 8 with 2404 viewsstAteSwan

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:54 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

We never interviewed when Guidolin's predecessor got the job.

This is true. I'm just going from the perspective that you are dealing with two American Owners, who are used to following US Laws when it comes to hiring for a job.

It would seem odd to me that they would choose not to interview for this job, and then make it appear to the Press that they did. At some point, one would assume that if they didn't interview Gigs would be crying a lot more about not being considered than he would running his mouth about not having the same ambition.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:03 - Oct 8 with 2354 viewsGriffting

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 18:50 - Oct 8 by jack247

They said they spoke to him but thought he was too inexperienced

Ah right.
Have you got a link to the interview in which Huw/Levien/Kaplan said that?? Not saying they didn't just wanted to read it that's all. Cheers.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:10 - Oct 8 with 2319 viewsDarran

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:03 - Oct 8 by Griffting

Ah right.
Have you got a link to the interview in which Huw/Levien/Kaplan said that?? Not saying they didn't just wanted to read it that's all. Cheers.

There's no actual link to them saying it mate but the papers have been reporting it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819512/Bob-Bradley-appointed-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:10 - Oct 8 with 2317 viewsItchySphincter

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:57 - Oct 8 by stAteSwan

This is true. I'm just going from the perspective that you are dealing with two American Owners, who are used to following US Laws when it comes to hiring for a job.

It would seem odd to me that they would choose not to interview for this job, and then make it appear to the Press that they did. At some point, one would assume that if they didn't interview Gigs would be crying a lot more about not being considered than he would running his mouth about not having the same ambition.

Yeah, ignore bluey he's thick.

Semantics but what constitutes an interview is contentious. Huw has hit the mark in the past with unproven managers so Giggs would have ticked some boxes, a discreet phone would have been placed and whether they met or not is irrelevant but they definitely would have spoken - if they hadn't Giggs would have said so so as to save a bit more face. Huw will have decided after the aforementioned conversation that he's a bit of a prick and decided not to offer him the job he was going to pretend to offer him anyway.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:11 - Oct 8 with 2316 viewsHighjack

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:52 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

I thought he was applying to be the horse?

Anyway, the interesting quote is "mixed messages between the football side and the ownership side." I'm assuming Huw is the football side?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:41 - Oct 8 with 2244 viewsmagicdaps10

Took it all with a pinch of salt until i read

"mixed messages between the football side and the ownership side."

grabbed my attention 100% with what he said there.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:59 - Oct 8 with 2199 viewsWarwickHunt

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 19:56 - Oct 8 by Darran

Koeman didn't even have an interview.

Just saying incase you didn't know.

Yeah - I think I read that somewhere. Bonkers, eh?

ps there's no such word as incase, in case you didn't know.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:02 - Oct 8 with 2193 viewsdobjack2

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:41 - Oct 8 by magicdaps10

Took it all with a pinch of salt until i read

"mixed messages between the football side and the ownership side."

grabbed my attention 100% with what he said there.

Indeed that suggests he spoke with the majority owners or their representatives as well as the chairman.

Fits with the story that the chairman was keen on giggs but the majority owners insisted on speaking to somebody else.

As has been posted earlier the truth is out there; but this one is going to stay in the x-files marked unsolved.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:03 - Oct 8 with 2178 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 20:59 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

Yeah - I think I read that somewhere. Bonkers, eh?

ps there's no such word as incase, in case you didn't know.

You're so clever.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:14 - Oct 8 with 2144 viewsWarwickHunt

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:03 - Oct 8 by Murph75

You're so clever.

Thanks, I already knew that though.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:15 - Oct 8 with 2136 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 21:14 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

Thanks, I already knew that though.

And humble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024