Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread 11:36 - May 14 with 3036 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I hate the place, me. Wouldn't go there even if I could. Play-off Finals? Wouldn't be seen dead at one.

No, all things considered, I'm delighted that I can't make Rangers' first trip to the Mecca of Football in nearly thirty years, and share it with my lifelong friends.

Yes, this has worked out very nicely, and I'm not in even the smallest way reassessing the essential fairness of the universe.

Anyone else relieved that they'll miss out on one of the greatest days in the history of our beloved club?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:44 - May 14 with 2317 viewsJuzzie

Nope.
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:45 - May 14 with 2306 viewsAntti_Heinola

Going to be a lonely thread this one, Brian...

Bare bones.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:45 - May 14 with 2307 viewsblacky200

Perhaps it should be a "I hate finals" thread. Been to 4 in my time as a QPR supporter (2 FA cup against Spurs, milk cup against Oxford and Play off against Cardiff) and never seen us win one. Unfortunately I was only 4 months old when we beat WBA in the league cup and my dad didn't take me along for that one
Still, despite our luck, I can't miss this in case we win and I blow the chance of seeing us win a final.
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:58 - May 14 with 2230 viewspaulparker

Chin Up Brian, I know its hurts fella, going through it myself about trying to get a ticket
haven't been a ST holder since 2002 or a member since 2007
worse case for me I will go to the march and try and get one off a tout
still wrong that a stadium that holds 90k and both teams get around 37k tickets each

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:02 - May 14 with 2218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:45 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Going to be a lonely thread this one, Brian...

Wait until my poor compadres Down Under wake up. They'll want to tell similar lies to themselves to the ones I've been gorging on since Monday night!

My top ones so far are:-

"The pain of missing games like this just serves to remind how much we love Rangers"
"Sacrifice increases love"
"This will make me appreciate Rangers even more" (this one is complete bollix even to the deluded part of my soul!)
"At least ____(insert loved Rangers fan here) can make it" (this actually does mean a lot to me, but I still wish I was beside them!)

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:03 - May 14 with 2209 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:58 - May 14 by paulparker

Chin Up Brian, I know its hurts fella, going through it myself about trying to get a ticket
haven't been a ST holder since 2002 or a member since 2007
worse case for me I will go to the march and try and get one off a tout
still wrong that a stadium that holds 90k and both teams get around 37k tickets each

Thanks man. You'll get in PP. You definitely will.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:05 - May 14 with 2189 viewsel_weirdo

I also hate Wembley.

I am delighted that even though I'll actually be in the UK on the 24th May, I'll be all the way up in Newcastle on my brother's stag, away from the shite that will be the playoff final.
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:07 - May 14 with 2175 viewsWestminsteRs

Agree. A year ago, wrongly believing that a Championship playoff final (if required) would be on the Bank Holiday Monday, I booked my wedding for 24th May. Only advantage would seem to be that I have a lifetime of credit stored up and can therefore get out of any family occasion and the like as long as I have a QPR-related engagement.

"Sorry love, I can't go to your mum and dad's tomorrow night, the Under 18s have got a quarter final first leg tie at Leyton Orient. Remember when I missed the biggest game in the club's history?"
Login to get fewer ads

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:09 - May 14 with 2160 viewsGetMeRangers

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:05 - May 14 by el_weirdo

I also hate Wembley.

I am delighted that even though I'll actually be in the UK on the 24th May, I'll be all the way up in Newcastle on my brother's stag, away from the shite that will be the playoff final.

your username is, indeed, apt
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:09 - May 14 with 2160 viewsSydneyRs

Last time we were at Wembley I was there but our team didn't show up. This time I can't be there but hopefully they will!
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:11 - May 14 with 2146 viewspaulparker

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:07 - May 14 by WestminsteRs

Agree. A year ago, wrongly believing that a Championship playoff final (if required) would be on the Bank Holiday Monday, I booked my wedding for 24th May. Only advantage would seem to be that I have a lifetime of credit stored up and can therefore get out of any family occasion and the like as long as I have a QPR-related engagement.

"Sorry love, I can't go to your mum and dad's tomorrow night, the Under 18s have got a quarter final first leg tie at Leyton Orient. Remember when I missed the biggest game in the club's history?"

Westminster that has to be the worst situation in History
If that was me the wedding reception would be changed to the nearest pub showing the game, with burger & chips on the menu ( 2 for a tenner of course)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:12 - May 14 with 2139 viewsGetMeRangers

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 11:45 - May 14 by blacky200

Perhaps it should be a "I hate finals" thread. Been to 4 in my time as a QPR supporter (2 FA cup against Spurs, milk cup against Oxford and Play off against Cardiff) and never seen us win one. Unfortunately I was only 4 months old when we beat WBA in the league cup and my dad didn't take me along for that one
Still, despite our luck, I can't miss this in case we win and I blow the chance of seeing us win a final.

Which is the reason I always travel to the City ground... one day...I tell myself...one day.

Would rather see us lose there than miss out on such a big occasion. Not often do Rangers get an opportunity to play in a game which has the world's most valuable prize at stake.

Particularly like the extra twist, in playing Schtevee's Direby.
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:21 - May 14 with 2112 viewsrbsranger

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:09 - May 14 by SydneyRs

Last time we were at Wembley I was there but our team didn't show up. This time I can't be there but hopefully they will!

Am in the same situation. Was only 12 in '86 and I still remember that empty feeling having not strung two passes together the whole game... Was lucky enough to come back to the UK on Monday to see the Wigan game although for much of that I was beginning to believe I was cursed... when I left England in August 1992 the Rs were top of the league and David Bardsley had scored a screamer against Southampton in a 3-1 win... in 5 visits back to England in the football season since, I had not seen the Rangers score live... for 72 minutes the other night, I thought I was never going to break my duck...
All those going to Wembley - have a great day out and let's hope it is a 1967 Wembley moment for us and not a 1986 one...
Come on you Rssss
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:27 - May 14 with 2087 viewstoboboly

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 12:11 - May 14 by paulparker

Westminster that has to be the worst situation in History
If that was me the wedding reception would be changed to the nearest pub showing the game, with burger & chips on the menu ( 2 for a tenner of course)

Get married in a box at Wembley. Only sane choice.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 13:16 - May 14 with 1991 viewssimmo

This is a tragic situation!

I would defintiely be accomodating some big screen action at the reception, bang the wedding/church shite out nice and early then set up in the main hall.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 13:53 - May 14 with 1918 viewsPommyhoop

Yep,you wouldnt catch me dead in that monstrosity they call Wembley these days. Dull souless bowl that it is.What was wrong with the old stadium? Even if I was back home in Blighty I wouldnt pay to see the Hoops in that carbunkle of stadium architechture.

Pass me another grape Brian.I like mine sour too.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 13:58 - May 14 with 1903 viewsPommyhoop

>>
"Sorry love, I can't go to your mum and dad's tomorrow night, the Under 18s have got a quarter final first leg tie at Leyton Orient. Remember when I missed the biggest game in the club's history?" <<

I'd be claiming more points for that Westminster.

"Sorry love, I can't go to your mum and dad's tomorrow night, there's a new podcast coming out on LFW.I think Q Block Pete is on it . Remember when I missed the biggest game in the club's history?"

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:32 - May 14 with 1852 viewsBklynRanger

The beer's probably quite expensive
The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:36 - May 14 with 1841 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

it's bound to be raining

It's got to be Yarg

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:45 - May 14 with 1821 viewsDylanP

Why lie? I love Wembley and hate that the 2,500 miles distance will be keeping me away.

What a great ground. Saw the Olympic football there and it was immense. Love the area. Walking up the Wembley Way to the ground from the tube station. The atmosphere. The crowd. LOVE IT!

Chin up Brian!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:50 - May 14 with 1805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:45 - May 14 by DylanP

Why lie? I love Wembley and hate that the 2,500 miles distance will be keeping me away.

What a great ground. Saw the Olympic football there and it was immense. Love the area. Walking up the Wembley Way to the ground from the tube station. The atmosphere. The crowd. LOVE IT!

Chin up Brian!

This thread's actually cheering me up, Dylan!

Misery loves company, an' all that.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:57 - May 14 with 1790 viewstinhead

I hate Wembley too

Can't wait to be at my friends wedding and be unofficial "Videographer" whilst the two of them waste 10k on a slap up meal in a boozer with no tv or internet. Followed being god(awful)father to one of the three children they've managed to spew forth into the world.

I mean... what else could I possibly be doing on this day? Potting in my shed? Tarmacking the front garden or possibly a three hour trudge around Sainsburys.

Oh well, think I will console myself with copious amounts of real ale, dance like a dad with some 3 yr old bridesmaid and pretend the day never really happened as I'm in an alternate reality where we were automatically promoted back in August as a result of the FA awarding us 90 points for f*cking us around in the past...

"Dare to Dream" my arse

Puny God!

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 15:00 - May 14 with 1783 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:57 - May 14 by tinhead

I hate Wembley too

Can't wait to be at my friends wedding and be unofficial "Videographer" whilst the two of them waste 10k on a slap up meal in a boozer with no tv or internet. Followed being god(awful)father to one of the three children they've managed to spew forth into the world.

I mean... what else could I possibly be doing on this day? Potting in my shed? Tarmacking the front garden or possibly a three hour trudge around Sainsburys.

Oh well, think I will console myself with copious amounts of real ale, dance like a dad with some 3 yr old bridesmaid and pretend the day never really happened as I'm in an alternate reality where we were automatically promoted back in August as a result of the FA awarding us 90 points for f*cking us around in the past...

"Dare to Dream" my arse

Cheer up tinhead .It will be brilliant.

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 16:32 - May 14 with 1662 viewstinhead

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 15:00 - May 14 by Pommyhoop

Cheer up tinhead .It will be brilliant.

if only... if only...

thankfully there's a free bar, the DJ is my brother and he'll insist that he plays lots of Ska, Punk and other decent music.

Puny God!

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 16:38 - May 14 with 1644 viewsDylanP

The 'I Hate Wembley' Thread on 14:50 - May 14 by BrianMcCarthy

This thread's actually cheering me up, Dylan!

Misery loves company, an' all that.

I tried to find the right emoticon for my post but apparently they don't have a slap forehead/blow up/crying/playin it cool emoticon!! Whyevernot??

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024