Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking and heartbreaking. 08:50 - Nov 6 with 4555 viewsPommyhoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html

So sad ..Cant imagine what the Mum and family are going through.
RIP . Lexi..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 09:10 - Nov 6 with 3722 viewsQPRMUSO

Absolutely tragic. As an owner of four pedigree dogs all purchased through registered kennel club keepers, I would never acquire a dog from a dogs home especially with having kids. You can never be sure of the deep rooted character of he dog or the real reason the dog was ditched in the first place. I know two other dogs in the wider family where they were acquired from a dogs home and they are both nutters and I stay away from them just in case.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:02 - Nov 6 with 3618 viewsBluce_Ree

Keeping a dog like that in a flat doesn't seem like the best idea ever to be honest.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:14 - Nov 6 with 3590 viewsHollowayRanger

they had only had it a couple of months

to leave a dog of that size with a tiny kid is crazy

one could make a case if they had had it from a puppy so had grown up and formed a bond with family but to bring in a monster dog with no background crazy

poor little girl might have pulled its tail gone near its food or dog might simple have already been damaged

very sad whoever chose that dog will be in a very dark place right now

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:18 - Nov 6 with 3577 viewssparkes12

It is very sad indeed,but something is not right about this as the RSPCA would never let a dog like that stay with a family,Anyone who has ever trid to get a rescue dog would know dogs like this are never allowed to stay with kids?.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:24 - Nov 6 with 3546 viewsHollowayRanger

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:18 - Nov 6 by sparkes12

It is very sad indeed,but something is not right about this as the RSPCA would never let a dog like that stay with a family,Anyone who has ever trid to get a rescue dog would know dogs like this are never allowed to stay with kids?.

are you sure it was rspca mail just says rescue centre?

also quotes family as saying dog had been abused by ex owner

totally crazy bringing something like that fully grown into the home

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:04 - Nov 6 with 3494 viewswombat

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 10:24 - Nov 6 by HollowayRanger

are you sure it was rspca mail just says rescue centre?

also quotes family as saying dog had been abused by ex owner

totally crazy bringing something like that fully grown into the home

ive got two dogs from dogs trust , both labs both safe as houses , we dont have kids but when being interviewed by the dogs trust people they asked us if we had or ever hads kids visit if so what ages etc s they fully checked you out before they let you take a dog.

they do make mistakes though , we was up there on sat before we got our second lab and come across a limberger puppy ( cross between a st bernard and new foundland ) cute as hell so we asked about it as we was thinking of taking it on as i knew the breed from friends who had one previously.
sorry sir was the reply its been already pre booked subject to checks by us that the premisies were suitable etc I went spare, when looking at the dog we had seen its possible new owners who in truth didnt have a fecking clue what they were taking on a dog which when fully grown would have been about 12 to 14 stone eats like a horse and slobbers everywhere ill be honest the family taking it on didnt have a fecking clue thought it was cute no idea how big it grew ate etc they also had young kids about 3 to 4 years old

went back a few days later and yep they had let this family take it on only to probably rehome it when it had eaten a bit to much food when fully grown still pi$$es me off now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:17 - Nov 6 with 3470 viewsPommyhoop

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:04 - Nov 6 by wombat

ive got two dogs from dogs trust , both labs both safe as houses , we dont have kids but when being interviewed by the dogs trust people they asked us if we had or ever hads kids visit if so what ages etc s they fully checked you out before they let you take a dog.

they do make mistakes though , we was up there on sat before we got our second lab and come across a limberger puppy ( cross between a st bernard and new foundland ) cute as hell so we asked about it as we was thinking of taking it on as i knew the breed from friends who had one previously.
sorry sir was the reply its been already pre booked subject to checks by us that the premisies were suitable etc I went spare, when looking at the dog we had seen its possible new owners who in truth didnt have a fecking clue what they were taking on a dog which when fully grown would have been about 12 to 14 stone eats like a horse and slobbers everywhere ill be honest the family taking it on didnt have a fecking clue thought it was cute no idea how big it grew ate etc they also had young kids about 3 to 4 years old

went back a few days later and yep they had let this family take it on only to probably rehome it when it had eaten a bit to much food when fully grown still pi$$es me off now

You cant go wrong with a Lab. Unless you mess with its grub and go all Spiderman on it.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 3453 viewsQPR1882

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:04 - Nov 6 by wombat

I had a Patterdale for 5 years, was a lovely dog but prone to nipping when food was about. When my daughter had my granddaughter and the dog nipped her twice we knew we had to get rid of him. There are to many tragic stories about dogs attacking family members,no chances should be taken.

He went to a dogs rescue trust, we were honest and he was re homed in a house without kids. Will be interesting to find out who informed the family the dog was safe around kids.

R.I.P Lexi
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:42 - Nov 6 with 3409 viewstoboboly

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:23 - Nov 6 by QPR1882

I had a Patterdale for 5 years, was a lovely dog but prone to nipping when food was about. When my daughter had my granddaughter and the dog nipped her twice we knew we had to get rid of him. There are to many tragic stories about dogs attacking family members,no chances should be taken.

He went to a dogs rescue trust, we were honest and he was re homed in a house without kids. Will be interesting to find out who informed the family the dog was safe around kids.

R.I.P Lexi

Whilst people rehousing dogs should be vigilant I don't think the mother should be allowed to walk away without any blame.

Even if the dalai lama told me that dog was fine around kids I wouldn't chance it, look at the size of the bloody thing. It could kill someone by accident just by playing with them. Add the fact that she thought it was going to be ok in a flat and you have to wonder what was (or wasn't) going through her head.

That dog has been used historically to protect nobility ffs. It aint going to be the most child friendly thing on the planet is it?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:54 - Nov 6 with 3385 viewsscot1963

now saying that the dog shown in the picture is not the dog involved in the incident - the pet looks more like a pitbull kind of dog but not one on the dangerous dogs list unless tests prove otherwise (edit: bulldog not pitbull)
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 16:10]
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:58 - Nov 6 with 3361 viewsisawqpratwcity

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:42 - Nov 6 by toboboly

Whilst people rehousing dogs should be vigilant I don't think the mother should be allowed to walk away without any blame.

Even if the dalai lama told me that dog was fine around kids I wouldn't chance it, look at the size of the bloody thing. It could kill someone by accident just by playing with them. Add the fact that she thought it was going to be ok in a flat and you have to wonder what was (or wasn't) going through her head.

That dog has been used historically to protect nobility ffs. It aint going to be the most child friendly thing on the planet is it?

After the Azaria Chamberlain case ("A dingo ate my baby") an interviewer asked a dingo breeder, "Would you trust a dingo with a child?"

"Of course not," he replied, "I wouldn't trust any dog with a child."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 13:37 - Nov 6 with 3185 viewsDeano19766

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 11:23 - Nov 6 by QPR1882

R.I.P Lexi

And there in lies the problem with so many people. Get a dog, situation changes (normally kids involved) so dump the dog. Disgraceful.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 13:50 - Nov 6 with 3156 viewsQPR1882

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 13:37 - Nov 6 by Deano19766

And there in lies the problem with so many people. Get a dog, situation changes (normally kids involved) so dump the dog. Disgraceful.

Is it really ? I took my granddaughter to her child minder today. Lexis mum could not. You do what's best for your family, cats and dogs are pets.

As I have already said you read far to many stories of dogs attacking babies and young children you may be willing to take the risk once the dog has bitten your granddaughter twice,I was not.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 13:58 - Nov 6 with 3138 viewsRblockPrior

the main problem I believe was the fact the dog was being housed in a flat, such a shame for the family and as a dog lover so hard to hear

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 14:34 - Nov 6 with 3079 viewsDeano19766

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 13:50 - Nov 6 by QPR1882

Is it really ? I took my granddaughter to her child minder today. Lexis mum could not. You do what's best for your family, cats and dogs are pets.

As I have already said you read far to many stories of dogs attacking babies and young children you may be willing to take the risk once the dog has bitten your granddaughter twice,I was not.

I hope somebody kicks you out of your home one day when they have a change of circumstance. The dog came before the child, so you should have worked around the situation that you played your part in creating. You don't just dump the dog. In my opinion, yes it is disgraceful. If you're not prepared to look after a pet for its lifetime then don't get one in the first place.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 14:36]
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 14:53 - Nov 6 with 3036 viewsloftboy

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 14:34 - Nov 6 by Deano19766

I hope somebody kicks you out of your home one day when they have a change of circumstance. The dog came before the child, so you should have worked around the situation that you played your part in creating. You don't just dump the dog. In my opinion, yes it is disgraceful. If you're not prepared to look after a pet for its lifetime then don't get one in the first place.

Strange post. Had he kept the dog and the dog did bite it would almost certainly have to be destroyed, by sending it to a new home without kids the dog would hopefully live out the rest of its natural life.
How did you know the child wasn't planned, it happens all the time, no way can you put a pet before a childs safety.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 16:05 - Nov 6 with 2973 viewsAunt_Nelly

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 09:10 - Nov 6 by QPRMUSO

Absolutely tragic. As an owner of four pedigree dogs all purchased through registered kennel club keepers, I would never acquire a dog from a dogs home especially with having kids. You can never be sure of the deep rooted character of he dog or the real reason the dog was ditched in the first place. I know two other dogs in the wider family where they were acquired from a dogs home and they are both nutters and I stay away from them just in case.

The fact you bought 4 dogs and consider them safe because they are pedigrees proves you know absolutely fck all about dogs.

Obviously it's a tragedy the poor girl was killed but as with all these cases the fault will ultimately lay with a human not the animal.

RIP Lexi.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 16:12]
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 16:27 - Nov 6 with 2927 viewsQPR1882

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 14:34 - Nov 6 by Deano19766

You really don't get it do you, let me break it down into small chunks for you.

(A) family has a dog and then they have a baby, dog gets jealous and attacks the baby / child

(B) family brings pet into strange house dog attacks baby/ child

Do you see what the common denominator is, dog attacks. I'm yet to read a case where the dog in (a) or (b) was attacked and killed by a baby / child.Because of the common denominator I thought it was safer to get the dog re homed .

And for your info the dog was not 'dumped' , you really should look into and read up about dog trusts before putting such bollox in writing.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 17:16]
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 17:05 - Nov 6 with 2887 viewswombat

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 16:27 - Nov 6 by QPR1882

You really don't get it do you, let me break it down into small chunks for you.

(A) family has a dog and then they have a baby, dog gets jealous and attacks the baby / child

(B) family brings pet into strange house dog attacks baby/ child

Do you see what the common denominator is, dog attacks. I'm yet to read a case where the dog in (a) or (b) was attacked and killed by a baby / child.Because of the common denominator I thought it was safer to get the dog re homed .

And for your info the dog was not 'dumped' , you really should look into and read up about dog trusts before putting such bollox in writing.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 17:16]

Got to agree with the poster who questioned about the pedigree dogs being safe as they hadn't come from a rescue , total bollax any dog is capable of attacking a adult or child , dosnt matter if it has a pedigree and was sired by prince Phillip while drunk a dog can and will attack if threatened or has come from an environment where it was abused which it seems this dogs I has come from

And agree after going I through the checks to rehome our labs I can't understand why any dogs re homing charity would rehome a dog like I this in a flat , I've 3 near me daft as buggery lovely dogs the owner walks for miles with them and has had them since pups would I leave a child with them no , not to do with breed etc I'd never leave a child alone with a dog in the house be it a handbag dog or a mastiff , the dogs aren't to blame most if not all the time it's the bloody owners
I'd guess the dog involved in the attack will or has already been put down which is a damn shame

Heart goes out to tha family but no matter how much experience you have with dogs there's always a risk esp with rescue dogs

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 17:26 - Nov 6 with 2851 viewsMrSheen

We got a (small) pedigree dog once, it practically had its own coat of arms. Unfortunately it used to snap at kids and bully our own toddlers (who came first, by the way). We had to give it away. We spoke to the Kennel Club about it, and they thought it was inbred to the point of having a screw loose.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 18:19 - Nov 6 with 2806 viewswombat

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 17:26 - Nov 6 by MrSheen

We got a (small) pedigree dog once, it practically had its own coat of arms. Unfortunately it used to snap at kids and bully our own toddlers (who came first, by the way). We had to give it away. We spoke to the Kennel Club about it, and they thought it was inbred to the point of having a screw loose.

Not sure if there is exact breakdown but think more people get bitten by small dogs than larger dogs , they always tend to be snappy yet bigger dogs aren't

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 19:15 - Nov 6 with 2746 viewsjonno

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 16:05 - Nov 6 by Aunt_Nelly

The fact you bought 4 dogs and consider them safe because they are pedigrees proves you know absolutely fck all about dogs.

Obviously it's a tragedy the poor girl was killed but as with all these cases the fault will ultimately lay with a human not the animal.

RIP Lexi.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 16:12]

Exactly - laughable post by the OP. If what he is suggesting is the case then no dog would ever be rehomed - there are many thousands of dogs successfully found new homes every year. What is he saying should be done with them all - put down? I have a dog I rescued from an animal rescue charity in Cyprus - he is a fantastic, loving dog and would never hurt a fly. But would I leave him alone with a young child? No - for both the dog's and the child's sake.
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 19:25 - Nov 6 with 2724 viewsHollowayRanger

mate of mine took his wife and 4 year old boy next door to a neighbours house for tea they all sat down had a lovely time till little boy wandered off to kitchen next minute their was a scream and sure enough the boy had been bitten in the face by thier dog

8 years later boy still had a small scar on his face ,dog was put down at once

reason for attack boy went up to dogs food bowl

how people can allow small kids and dogs to be left alone always worries me ,as a kid i was attacked by german shepherds to were police dogs that had escaped from the police flats luckly i was learning to rie a bike at time and i learnt very quickly how to peddle real fast! ,BUT the other time i was walking home with girlfriend from scholl and her phyco shepherdcame charging round the corner and went straight for me luckliy i ha a large adidas bag and i held that in front of me and it went right for that knocking me over and on top off me ,girlfriend started to run home but her mum was already running up to us with a iron bar took 5 or 6 whacks to get dog off me

bit my dad as well and finally wa put down after jumping over a shop counter and attacking our local sweetshop man he was in hospital for 6 weeks

Listen to the band play!

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 19:34 - Nov 6 with 2696 viewsMrSheen

Shocking and heartbreaking. on 19:25 - Nov 6 by HollowayRanger

mate of mine took his wife and 4 year old boy next door to a neighbours house for tea they all sat down had a lovely time till little boy wandered off to kitchen next minute their was a scream and sure enough the boy had been bitten in the face by thier dog

8 years later boy still had a small scar on his face ,dog was put down at once

reason for attack boy went up to dogs food bowl

how people can allow small kids and dogs to be left alone always worries me ,as a kid i was attacked by german shepherds to were police dogs that had escaped from the police flats luckly i was learning to rie a bike at time and i learnt very quickly how to peddle real fast! ,BUT the other time i was walking home with girlfriend from scholl and her phyco shepherdcame charging round the corner and went straight for me luckliy i ha a large adidas bag and i held that in front of me and it went right for that knocking me over and on top off me ,girlfriend started to run home but her mum was already running up to us with a iron bar took 5 or 6 whacks to get dog off me

bit my dad as well and finally wa put down after jumping over a shop counter and attacking our local sweetshop man he was in hospital for 6 weeks

The dog or your girlfriend?
Shocking and heartbreaking. on 19:46 - Nov 6 with 2679 viewshovehoop

This is tragic. Have owned two dogs. One a rescue dog. It was mentally damaged. We spent a lot on dog shrinks. Eventually, it chased my nephew and nipped him. It nipped a few others in the park too. This dog was re-homed. Our current dog is a black lab we've had since a puppy. He's lovely though he's big. So I leash him when near toddlers to stop him knocking them over or jumping up to play. As much as I trust my dog I wouldn't leave him with toddlers. The toddlers don't know how to handle the dog and the dog will likely find an overexcited child confusing. Though a circumstance of this case, that I'm trying to get my head around, is the dog was supposedly a French Mastiff. These things are massive and frightening to many adults let alone a child. Many adults would struggle to over power one to recover a situation. So I can't see how any dog housing authority would sanction placing the dog in a home with a young child.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024