Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! 06:57 - Apr 19 with 1801 viewsaleanddale

Whilst we are all delighted at the prospect of at least 3 years under Hill the club need to be very careful now that they drive this opportunity forward.

Heaven forbid they all rock back in there leather chairs and think " Job Done " the reality is the hard work starts NOW.

As mentioned in another thread NEW blood in the form of young fans is absolutley vital and there has never been a better time to promote and market what we hope is a succesful new era.

I look forward to seeing how this develops as i am sure CD and the rest of the board are mindful that hand in hand with on field progression it is AS important to get the whole club punching above its weight.

A New start and a fresh piece of paper with some objectives for the non playing members of staff is vital and the broom used to sweep up and get rid of anybody who either doesnt want to be part of progression or generally has a CBA attitude.

Hilly will not be here forever. When the time comes for change ( this is football so it will happen ) we cant afford to have shaky foundations next time if thats in 12/24/36 months or 10 years!!!

Come on the board - the time to get this right is NOW!!!!
Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 07:22 - Apr 19 with 1773 viewsR442D

Under 21 ticket scheme -not college student scheme.

OAP and Retired ticket scheme.

Kids in for a quid -Tuesday night games, boosts numbers and theres nothing like watching a game under the lights with your dad.

Have all tickets schemes sold on the gate, because its a ball ache trekking to the main office. Applied to home and away fans.

Reward scheme, each time you watch a match you get a stamp on a card (for say) after you've watched and collected 4 games, you get in the next home game free.

When you travel to an away game, then the next home game you get in half price -a thank you for traveling.

Shop at Co-Op, get money off your next game.

They won't break the bank.
And I'm not trying to run the place, but is there anyway we can we put them forward for the next coming season?
Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 07:48 - Apr 19 with 1746 viewsrochedale

Free admission for kids. It wont make an immediate impact but I think we will reap the rewards 10 years down the line.

The only reason most people (a guess obviously) turn up to watch the Dale is because they were dragged down as a young lad/lass by their dad. The more young uns we get in now, the more paying adults we have in the future.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 09:25 - Apr 19 with 1655 viewswehateoldham

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 07:22 - Apr 19 by R442D

Kids in for a quid -Tuesday night games, boosts numbers and theres nothing like watching a game under the lights with your dad.

Have all tickets schemes sold on the gate, because its a ball ache trekking to the main office. Applied to home and away fans.

Reward scheme, each time you watch a match you get a stamp on a card (for say) after you've watched and collected 4 games, you get in the next home game free.

When you travel to an away game, then the next home game you get in half price -a thank you for traveling.

And I'm not trying to run the place, but is there anyway we can we put them forward for the next coming season?

Couldnt agree more with what you have just said!! You must of done a business management course?!? I hope someone now reads it and puts it in action.

FOOTBALL IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ITS MUCH MORE THAN THAT

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 09:50 - Apr 19 with 1630 viewsSuddenLad

There are loads of options and opportunities and this message board is a great source if anyone was really interested in pursuing them.

Of one thing we can be absolutely sure.

Keith Hill would not have signed a 3-year deal unless he had received assurances about the way the club intends to move forward and discussed the future off-field aspects.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 11:04 - Apr 19 with 1573 viewsD_Alien

The first thing that needs to happen is for some feedback on the detailed proposals put forward by the Dale Trust a few months back, which disappeared into a black hole.

The VERY least the club needs to do is put forward an explanation of why they don't think ANY of the proposals are worth pursuing. And if the proposals turn out be worth pursuing, why wait till now?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 12:07 - Apr 19 with 1488 viewssweetcorn

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 07:22 - Apr 19 by R442D

They already do under 21 tickets. its called young persons, i'm not a student and get in for a tenner.

My personal opinion is that it should be for under 21's and students, students can be older than 21 and may not be able to afford full price.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 12:12 - Apr 19 with 1479 viewsboffley

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 11:04 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

The first thing that needs to happen is for some feedback on the detailed proposals put forward by the Dale Trust a few months back, which disappeared into a black hole.

The VERY least the club needs to do is put forward an explanation of why they don't think ANY of the proposals are worth pursuing. And if the proposals turn out be worth pursuing, why wait till now?

Couldn't agree more with this. The appointment of Keith Hill gives the club an unusual second chance. So many things "unraveled" since his departure that need to be restored and the club (if it has any sense) will conduct a top to bottom audit of its systems, communications and commerciality.

It's not often that people or organisations get the chance to rectify big mistakes. RAFC now has that opportunity and must grab it with both hands
Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 12:44 - Apr 19 with 1424 viewsChaffRAFC

I've just listened to Keith Hill and Chris Dunphy's interviews on Dale Player and I must say that I'm so pleased with what both have come out with. It's almost a case of now that Keith Hill is here for longer than the short term future, the on-pitch aspect of the club is as good as sorted but the off-pitch stuff is the focus.

Our troubled friends over at Ikea, sorry, Gigg Lane, seem to have acted as a huge warning to Hill and the board and that both parties are determined not to see our club go to the wall because of off-field mismanagement.

We've moaned like mad on here about the off-field issues and the fact we're never able to make the most of our income opportunities and Bury FC have proven that we were absolutely right to do so and I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I was to hear Hill and Dunphy say the same.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 12:56 - Apr 19 with 1397 viewszxcvbnm

Judging by the accounts thread a few weeks ago the club shop is in need of a complete overhall so hopefully something will happen whihc will see an upturn in money coming in.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 13:11 - Apr 19 with 1380 viewsR17ALE

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 12:56 - Apr 19 by zxcvbnm

Judging by the accounts thread a few weeks ago the club shop is in need of a complete overhall so hopefully something will happen whihc will see an upturn in money coming in.

"We've moaned like mad on here about the off-field issues and the fact we're never able to make the most of our income opportunities and Bury FC have proven that we were absolutely right to do so and I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I was to hear Hill and Dunphy say the same."

Aye, we've been moaning about it for around 7 years now! Talk is cheap, lets see a real shake up of the whole place and get all departments streamlined with the emphasis on great customer service, and a real appreciation of the fans. Plus a few business plans put in place.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 14:55 - Apr 19 with 1298 viewsChaffRAFC

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 13:11 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

"We've moaned like mad on here about the off-field issues and the fact we're never able to make the most of our income opportunities and Bury FC have proven that we were absolutely right to do so and I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I was to hear Hill and Dunphy say the same."

Aye, we've been moaning about it for around 7 years now! Talk is cheap, lets see a real shake up of the whole place and get all departments streamlined with the emphasis on great customer service, and a real appreciation of the fans. Plus a few business plans put in place.

But in these 7 years all I've ever heard, even when I was on the Trust, is "yeah we'll sort it" or reasons to why it's not a problem. Now we seem to be aware of the problems and willing to do something about it to ensure we don't end up like Bury.

Talk is cheap, you're right but I'm more encouraged now than ever before that we'll sort it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 15:01 - Apr 19 with 1287 viewsSuddenLad

Why a stiff broom is required at the club NOW!!! on 14:55 - Apr 19 by ChaffRAFC

But in these 7 years all I've ever heard, even when I was on the Trust, is "yeah we'll sort it" or reasons to why it's not a problem. Now we seem to be aware of the problems and willing to do something about it to ensure we don't end up like Bury.

Talk is cheap, you're right but I'm more encouraged now than ever before that we'll sort it.

I think the situation in many lower league football clubs is probably now so critical, that failure to act would be tantamount to commercial suicide.

We all have to hope that the situation will be addressed with action rather than 'lip service'. God knows there have been enough ideas fired in the relevant directions.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024