Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying 19:03 - Sep 14 with 4658 viewsrobshaker

the Phoenix...she rise

"this famous old club"
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 3310 views442Dale

Different club. But they’ve done well.

Amongst all the infighting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 19:05 - Sep 14 with 3303 viewsD_Alien

Pat Phoenix?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 19:24 - Sep 14 with 3239 viewsrobshaker

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 19:05 - Sep 14 by D_Alien

Pat Phoenix?

Elsie Tanner lad??

btw you f*8kers had fail in my acca.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:02 - Sep 15 with 2692 viewsDale_4_Life

Looking really good to make the first round proper for the very first time in the clubs history.

They have come a long way since forming 5 years ago.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 2263 viewsmickeyp_mcfc

Radcliffe away for them in the next round!

Will be 'fun'...
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:35 - Sep 16 with 2002 viewsrobshaker

OUCH! bit too soon to be playing our pals i think but this must be the first ever competitive game between us, a nice scarborough or macc away draw would have been more suitable (we are always away) but it is what it is.

wonder if it gets switched to Gigg for the extra dough?? still never been to their ground.

"this famous old club"
[Post edited 16 Sep 20:39]
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:39 - Sep 16 with 1989 viewsjudd

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:35 - Sep 16 by robshaker

OUCH! bit too soon to be playing our pals i think but this must be the first ever competitive game between us, a nice scarborough or macc away draw would have been more suitable (we are always away) but it is what it is.

wonder if it gets switched to Gigg for the extra dough?? still never been to their ground.

"this famous old club"
[Post edited 16 Sep 20:39]

GMP have cancelled all leave.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:44 - Sep 16 with 1984 viewsrobshaker

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 20:39 - Sep 16 by judd

GMP have cancelled all leave.

ah well its a good time to play em i suppose!!
Login to get fewer ads

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 21:15 - Sep 16 with 1926 viewsrobshaker

Nicky Adams too!
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 06:38 - Sep 17 with 1669 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

There’s sure to be fireworks…
That famous MASSIVE old club…
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 07:41 - Sep 17 with 1613 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 06:38 - Sep 17 by Plattyswrinklynuts

There’s sure to be fireworks…
That famous MASSIVE old club…

Different club now, the old one never came back. They've got no history.
[Post edited 17 Sep 7:43]
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 1435 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 07:41 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

Different club now, the old one never came back. They've got no history.
[Post edited 17 Sep 7:43]

Yes if they want to claim the history of the old club, they can pay back the millions of pounds they screwed out of businesses and individuals. The old club is dead and buried in the football graveyard.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 10:49 - Sep 17 with 1365 viewsschuster2

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 10:09 - Sep 17 by foreverhopefulDale

Yes if they want to claim the history of the old club, they can pay back the millions of pounds they screwed out of businesses and individuals. The old club is dead and buried in the football graveyard.

What are the implications of a new club claiming the history and legacy of a defunct club, especially in terms of fan loyalty and community perception?
https://geometrydashbreeze.com
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 1338 viewsrobshaker

how much do you want a 4th round qualifier away at Bury??

we can only dream eh!
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 11:08 - Sep 17 with 1293 viewsrobshaker

btw, the two clubs MERGED no new club as such.

looking at one of last years programmes the honours list includes AFC's league championship 2021-22 along with the historical stuff.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 11:23 - Sep 17 with 1261 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 11:08 - Sep 17 by robshaker

looking at one of last years programmes the honours list includes AFC's league championship 2021-22 along with the historical stuff.

Then get the fooking debts paid. Anyone or any business paying money up front or any credit don't deserve ANY sympathy if they end up going bust again. The football authorities are an absolute disgrace for allowing such a merger without a clear proper plan to repay the owed debts and no public money should have gone into it either without that plan of repayment.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:10 - Sep 17 with 1193 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 11:08 - Sep 17 by robshaker

That's not correct though, there was no other club when Dale finished with it. No Chairman or Directors and definitely no accounts. Who owned the ground? The club went bust and the debt died with it. Had the Phoenix club not come on board the funding for the project wouldn't have been able to be accessed. This is a new club and the FA gave them permission to use the old Bury FC name, they applied for that to happen. You must know all that anyway, pretending this is still the old club is living a lie. This is why you lost your club in the first place, living in cloud cuckoo land and refusing to see what is staring you in the face. Nothings changed, no lessons learned.
[Post edited 17 Sep 12:21]
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:11 - Sep 17 with 1181 viewskel

Why have bury entered a competition for Phoenix clubs then?
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:19 - Sep 17 with 1164 viewsrobshaker

lets go back further..the football authorities are a disgrace for not doing there diligence checks on the last 2 owners never mind allowing a merger.

i agree it feels like a phoenix club but its not really an issue end of the day a club called Bury FC is playing at Gigg Lane thats all that matters really.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:22 - Sep 17 with 1158 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:19 - Sep 17 by robshaker

lets go back further..the football authorities are a disgrace for not doing there diligence checks on the last 2 owners never mind allowing a merger.

i agree it feels like a phoenix club but its not really an issue end of the day a club called Bury FC is playing at Gigg Lane thats all that matters really.

But you stated in your last post that this isn't a new club?
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:23 - Sep 17 with 1150 viewsrobshaker

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:22 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

But you stated in your last post that this isn't a new club?

'as such'

whats wrong with phoenix clubs anyway??
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:31 - Sep 17 with 1134 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:23 - Sep 17 by robshaker

'as such'

whats wrong with phoenix clubs anyway??

Nothing at all wrong with Phoenix clubs, i thought what Bury AFC did in such a short space of time was fantastic. I was actually disappointed that they threw it all away to bring football back to Gigg Lane, i was hoping the old girl would have been developed into a overspill car park for the local college. That stadium stands as a reminder to what can happen when supporters turn a blind eye to what's going on in the Boardroom...Enjoy the ride was the cry, unfortunately it was a ride to oblivion, we did warn you though. Good luck with the new club and i mean that, the local derby is missed by everybody i think. Fortunately we now have fantastic new owners who have promised the Trust/ Community a golden share in the club going forward. The fans still have to keep a eye on the club at all times though and everybody at the club has to ensure the Supporters Trust isn't undermined in any way and is front and centre of everything, so that it can grow stronger in line with Sir Peter Ogdens vision for the club and wider community.
[Post edited 17 Sep 12:44]
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:38 - Sep 17 with 1117 viewsrobshaker

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:31 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

Nothing at all wrong with Phoenix clubs, i thought what Bury AFC did in such a short space of time was fantastic. I was actually disappointed that they threw it all away to bring football back to Gigg Lane, i was hoping the old girl would have been developed into a overspill car park for the local college. That stadium stands as a reminder to what can happen when supporters turn a blind eye to what's going on in the Boardroom...Enjoy the ride was the cry, unfortunately it was a ride to oblivion, we did warn you though. Good luck with the new club and i mean that, the local derby is missed by everybody i think. Fortunately we now have fantastic new owners who have promised the Trust/ Community a golden share in the club going forward. The fans still have to keep a eye on the club at all times though and everybody at the club has to ensure the Supporters Trust isn't undermined in any way and is front and centre of everything, so that it can grow stronger in line with Sir Peter Ogdens vision for the club and wider community.
[Post edited 17 Sep 12:44]

it sure is lad.

the old girl is looking good back to premiership standard i'd say!

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:46 - Sep 17 with 1077 viewsTalkingSutty

Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 12:38 - Sep 17 by robshaker

it sure is lad.

the old girl is looking good back to premiership standard i'd say!

Enjoy it, you've had a lot to put up with.
Blyth Spartans 0 - 3 Bury FA Cup 2nd round qualifying on 13:10 - Sep 17 with 999 viewsBrierls

It's lovely to see, Rob.

Phoenix club bury create FA Cup shock away at giants Blyth Spartans.

I never thought I'd see the day where you're getting a hardon for that, but life is a journey full of unexpected twists and turns.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024