Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? 16:12 - Aug 30 with 41772 viewskensalriser

I don't like commitments so this seems a good one to guarantee I don't need to start the next one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 3299 viewsSherryHoop

It's entertaining watching the Rs again.

Friday, live on Sky and a quality match with loads of action.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:41 - Aug 30 with 3205 viewsrbee

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:31 - Aug 30 by zizoustainrod

Jees, I laugh at the comments on this forum. One minute it's all doom, the manager's shit, the players are shit, change everything, angst, gnashing of teeth, etc, etc. The next - we are promotion material, Marti is a magician, how do we keep this player or that from being poached/ how are they playing for us - they are so talented, Fantastic team of players.

Love it!
The more rational of us suspect that the reality is somewhere in the middle ground.

That my friend is football. Nobody could anticipate that result at half time.

Marti rearranged his troops and the boys got stuck in. Substitutions that worked.

Excellent second half from everyone, Nardi saves through to the rock, Mr Frey up top.

Come on Clive, Mr Frey deserves at least a 10.

Marti as humble as ever in his post match interview, class.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:45 - Aug 30 with 3102 viewsSteveB

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 21:29 - Aug 30 by Dorse

Oh Michi, you're so fine...

NO! This can never be a thing.... Delete your post...!!
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 3082 viewsCateLeBonR

Really well done Rangers and Marti. That Smyth substitution was brilliant I was expecting him to play much higher but he was playing as a wingback I think. Did we switch to a back 3? I couldn't really tell on the screen in the pub I was watching but Dunne definitely seemed to be playing more central.

Start of August I was thinking 5 points from 4 games going into September and I'd be happy. After West Brom I was thinking, ok happy with 4 points. Before todays match I was 3 points will do.

We got the 5 points after all. Through to the 3rd round of the Rumbelows Cup too. Love it.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:47 - Aug 30 with 3053 viewsdavman

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 21:49 - Aug 30 by Toast_R

5 minutes added. How do wend end up with 4 v Plymouth and 5 here?

Yep. Said the same.

The lack of consistency is so infuriating.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:48 - Aug 30 with 3034 viewssmudgehoop

Frey was fantastic in beast mode and Dembele sublime.

Our midfield may still be a little muddled defensively, but at least they are getting forward and attacking.

Can't wait to see Chair come back into this side.

Of the 5 games we've played so far I've found them all entertaining - This one being the best.

And with only 1 loss in 5, we've become hard to beat.

How cool is that!

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:50 - Aug 30 with 2962 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great night at Luton, we looked a total unit. Frey what a beast, lovely in the away end - URsss
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:51 - Aug 30 with 2929 viewsWatfordR

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:47 - Aug 30 by davman

Yep. Said the same.

The lack of consistency is so infuriating.

Ref was excellent tonight. Night and day between him and Gavin Ward.
Login to get fewer ads

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:54 - Aug 30 with 2830 viewshubble

Things can only get better for Rangers, now we've got that m.. donkey off our back...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:57 - Aug 30 with 2723 viewsdavman

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:51 - Aug 30 by WatfordR

Ref was excellent tonight. Night and day between him and Gavin Ward.

Well yeah.

Even Stroud is better than Ward.

Agree on tonight's ref. I did not agree with his philosophy of letting every single push in the back go, but he did let them ALL go at least.

The only niggle was Cook got a card for delaying the game, yet other Luton players did the same and got nothing.

But overall, good.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 2706 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Awesome turnaround. We could really do something this season - played two of last season's relegated sides away and come back against both of them. Our best player is still due to return and the new signings all bring something to the table.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 2693 viewskarlski

Thought Smyth made big difference when he came on. And watching the 2nd goal, super intelligence to make his run inside drawing the attention of Alfie the Hunchbacker of Leighton Buzzard (who Smyth mostly shut down) leaving Frey in acres behind him - Smyth takes a quick look and sees where Frey is, then makes his move. Really top play.

Lloyd could do with a loan but loved his effort.

Defended courageously after we went ahead.

Cracking team move for 2nd goal. More of that please! Still so much to improve on, but with the confidence of 3 points, 2 weeks training, and Chair to come back, looks good.

Frey, just brilliant.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 2688 viewsMrSheen

Encouraging late appearances off the bench from Varane, Celar and Saito. Such a good feeling going into the weekend, let alone the break.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:00 - Aug 30 with 2636 viewsManinBlack

While I still have concerns about us at home, the away form is very satisfying. I cannot knock the team for being behind in two away games at half time and to come back in both in the second half. Four away points and 4 goals from two sides in the Premiership last season.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:08 - Aug 30 with 2470 viewsQPR_Hibs

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:46 - Aug 30 by CateLeBonR

Really well done Rangers and Marti. That Smyth substitution was brilliant I was expecting him to play much higher but he was playing as a wingback I think. Did we switch to a back 3? I couldn't really tell on the screen in the pub I was watching but Dunne definitely seemed to be playing more central.

Start of August I was thinking 5 points from 4 games going into September and I'd be happy. After West Brom I was thinking, ok happy with 4 points. Before todays match I was 3 points will do.

We got the 5 points after all. Through to the 3rd round of the Rumbelows Cup too. Love it.

I think you'll find it's called the Littlewoods cup now.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2167 viewsLeedsR

Clearly we need to go behind first to properly get going. We only seem to fall apart when we take an early lead! !!!
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:38 - Aug 30 with 2122 viewsted_hendrix

Up to 8th tonight, that'll do for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:46 - Aug 30 with 2039 viewsNorthantsHoop

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 22:59 - Aug 30 by karlski

Thought Smyth made big difference when he came on. And watching the 2nd goal, super intelligence to make his run inside drawing the attention of Alfie the Hunchbacker of Leighton Buzzard (who Smyth mostly shut down) leaving Frey in acres behind him - Smyth takes a quick look and sees where Frey is, then makes his move. Really top play.

Lloyd could do with a loan but loved his effort.

Defended courageously after we went ahead.

Cracking team move for 2nd goal. More of that please! Still so much to improve on, but with the confidence of 3 points, 2 weeks training, and Chair to come back, looks good.

Frey, just brilliant.

Very good point on Smyth, not a starter but a great impact sub. Some lovely football when we got going 2nd half, good times ahead.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 1921 viewsPdog

Do goals change games or what.. !

Lads done well to stay in there and Nardi with that spiderman save kept us in it.

I looked at our bench before the game and thought for the first time in a while there is some depth there, not all proven but something to throw the dice with.

Smyth gave the exact impact sub performance we know and love.
Varene looked composed and showed good signs.
Saito & Anderson offered a different dimension.

Luton favorites to go up? Got to have a bit more guile than balls in the box for the big lads.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:59 - Aug 30 with 1904 viewsMrSheen

Uneaten in 5 games now, 5 points from 4 in the league was about what I expected, but I had us getting 4 at home and 1 away rather than the other way round.
[Post edited 31 Aug 0:00]
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 00:03 - Aug 31 with 1858 viewsMrSheen

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 23:58 - Aug 30 by Pdog

Do goals change games or what.. !

Lads done well to stay in there and Nardi with that spiderman save kept us in it.

I looked at our bench before the game and thought for the first time in a while there is some depth there, not all proven but something to throw the dice with.

Smyth gave the exact impact sub performance we know and love.
Varene looked composed and showed good signs.
Saito & Anderson offered a different dimension.

Luton favorites to go up? Got to have a bit more guile than balls in the box for the big lads.

They were doing the same on Tuesday, it counts as a secret weapon when everyone else passes out from the back.
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 00:08 - Aug 31 with 1808 viewsmart_Goblin

What a win!!

I didn’t expect to get 2 victories against them this week. Frey just a monster as said in the other thread but more to his game tonight than just power and strength.

As said already , Smyth was fantastic when he come on . They feared his pace going foward but he also did so much great work defensively.
We do now though have Smyth and Lloyd who look a little lost when they start but look great when introduced late on.

And a word for Nardi. 2 or 3 great saves tonight . We now have 2 keepers who look confident and good for this level. Not had that in a while .

Absolutely chuffed with that . Made my weekend
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 00:54 - Aug 31 with 1662 viewsRangersw12

A privilege to be a part of that away end tonight

Got right behind the players from start to finish and they seemed to really appreciate the support at the end .

Twice in a week beating those mugs does it get any better 🍻🍻
[Post edited 31 Aug 1:10]
Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 09:28 - Aug 31 with 978 viewsR_from_afar

I'm still buzzing from that, great stuff from the team, they dug deep and didn't give up. Frey's finish was sublime.

One of the most surprising things about the game for me was that Colback managed to get through (most of) a match without picking up a card.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where's the Luton Town (w@nk w@nk w@nk) Match Thread Match Thread? on 09:28 - Aug 31 by R_from_afar

I'm still buzzing from that, great stuff from the team, they dug deep and didn't give up. Frey's finish was sublime.

One of the most surprising things about the game for me was that Colback managed to get through (most of) a match without picking up a card.

Colback very lucky not to be carded.

Thought they should've had a peno for his haul-back.

Overall, I thought he was poor again. Failed to close down for the first goal and lost his man for at least two set-pieces.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024