Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas 13:10 - Aug 30 with 2558 viewsGaryHaddock

Yeovil just misspelled their own name on a ton of merchandise. Anyone had any crackers?

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:12 - Aug 30 with 2178 viewsconnell10

Ashley Giles ...The King Of Spain.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:34 - Aug 30 with 2019 viewsBoston

Yes, I'd read that story in the Grauniad.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:47 - Aug 30 with 1955 viewsJuzzie

Many, many years ago some 30,000 7" sleeves that were printed had to be scrapped because Bryan Adams had been spelt Brian Adams and no one noticed!

Same with the singer Jeffrey Osborne. Rather than the American spelling, it was spelt Osbourne and they too had to be scrapped.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:53 - Aug 30 with 1907 viewsBoston

Thin Lizzy - first gig at Hammersmith Odeon, printed wrong date on the ticket.

I still have it...somewhere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:55 - Aug 30 with 1895 viewsfrancisbowles

My daughter used to run for a club in the National Junior League.
They had some t shirts printed for the squad but they came back with National Junoir League.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:05 - Aug 30 with 1790 viewsJuzzie

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 13:55 - Aug 30 by francisbowles

My daughter used to run for a club in the National Junior League.
They had some t shirts printed for the squad but they came back with National Junoir League.

sell them to France?
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:05 - Aug 30 with 1780 viewsdavman

My personal gripe, which admittedly could be read as intended is the sign at the top of the A34. For Oxford, use all lanes.

A bit difficult in one car...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:15 - Aug 30 with 1709 viewsMrSheen

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:05 - Aug 30 by davman

My personal gripe, which admittedly could be read as intended is the sign at the top of the A34. For Oxford, use all lanes.

We can talk, with our missing apostrophe.
Login to get fewer ads

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 1680 viewsToast_R

One that still makes me smile, 30 odd years ago, a group of us used to play Laser Quest at David Lloyd's in Raynes Park.

You used to have to give your name to the Marshall's before the game commenced so they could add you to the live scoreboard. A friend of mine used to use the name Kryten as in Red Dwarf. They either misheard him or misspelt it but from then on, he was officially known as Cretin.
[Post edited 30 Aug 14:23]
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 1682 viewsGloryHunter

Stuff like that with errors can sometimes be worth more in future, to collectors. Like double-headed coins.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:33 - Aug 30 with 1606 viewsDannyPaddox

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 1567 viewsderbyhoop

I'm a fully paid up member of the pedantry.
Do not use would of if you mean would have.
Learn the difference between of and off; they're, there and their; between lose and loose.
Brexit brought many demands to tighten our boarders ( might work in dorms at Eton!).

Why do kids have to use like 5 times in a sentence.

Give me time, I'm certain to add others

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 1563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The Championship is a hard league"

It's not. It's a division within a league.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:49 - Aug 30 with 1547 viewsDorse

I had a Swindon Town v Bristol City programme once that claimed Fraser Biggy was playing in goal that day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:52 - Aug 30 with 1526 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

I watched that episode last night! 😂
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:01 - Aug 30 with 1462 viewsGaryHaddock

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:49 - Aug 30 by Dorse

I had a Swindon Town v Bristol City programme once that claimed Fraser Biggy was playing in goal that day.

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:03 - Aug 30 with 1412 viewsstowmarketrange

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:05 - Aug 30 by davman

I used to try it in my hgv.All I heard was horns blasting at me.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:08 - Aug 30 with 1381 viewsDWQPR

A few years back on the front cover of a QPR programme which would show a picture of a certain player, who may have had connections with the opposition and who would be subject to an interview within the pages. One time it was Clint Hill, spelt in capitals with a rather squarish font, placed quite close together, so it read CLINT HILL , but you really had to check the spelling of Clint twice as the L and I looked suspiciously like a U.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:08 - Aug 30 with 1374 viewsR_from_afar

Years ago, I stumbled across an article in a marketing magazine about a free pen giveaway promotion run by My Guy magazine.

Said writing implement was attached to the front page with the following slogan underneath it:

"My Guy's pen is fantastic!"

The only problem was that some rascal in the creative team had deliberately reduced the amount of space between two of those words....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:20 - Aug 30 with 1270 viewsMick_S

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:08 - Aug 30 by DWQPR

A few years back on the front cover of a QPR programme which would show a picture of a certain player, who may have had connections with the opposition and who would be subject to an interview within the pages. One time it was Clint Hill, spelt in capitals with a rather squarish font, placed quite close together, so it read CLINT HILL , but you really had to check the spelling of Clint twice as the L and I looked suspiciously like a U.

Yes it really did. Showed the programme to a few mates that night and they all picked up on it without being told.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:25 - Aug 30 with 1233 viewsDorse

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:08 - Aug 30 by DWQPR

Good job the article wasn't about his Subutteo expertise. 'FLICKING CLINT' might've been a step too far.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:46 - Aug 30 with 1142 viewsrbee

Around thirty years ago walking down Bloemfontein Road after a game there was a guy in front of me wearing a Los Angeles Raders jacket.

Not a spelling or grammar error but fast forward fifteen years and riding a train in Tunis the guy standing next to me was looking resplendent in his Prick Sports jacket.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 1074 viewsjohann28

It was in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, itself no stranger to safe-search filters over the years, when the then Conservative government under Ted Heath came up with the bright idea of abolishing counties that had existed since Doomsday Book and coming up with new titles for them. So, North Lincolnshire became South Humberside.

There was this place, North Lindsey College of Technology, NLCT, which, following the logic, had to be renamed. They came up with 'South Humberside Institute of Technology', and proudly exhibited the new four letters, each twenty feet high, at the entrance to the college.

Then, they realised what they'd done.
Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 16:14 - Aug 30 with 977 viewsJuzzie

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 15:58 - Aug 30 by johann28

It was in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, itself no stranger to safe-search filters over the years, when the then Conservative government under Ted Heath came up with the bright idea of abolishing counties that had existed since Doomsday Book and coming up with new titles for them. So, North Lincolnshire became South Humberside.

There was this place, North Lindsey College of Technology, NLCT, which, following the logic, had to be renamed. They came up with 'South Humberside Institute of Technology', and proudly exhibited the new four letters, each twenty feet high, at the entrance to the college.

Then, they realised what they'd done.

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 16:35 - Aug 30 with 888 viewskernowhoop

Spelling & Grammar Faux Pas on 14:46 - Aug 30 by derbyhoop

I'm a fully paid up member of the pedantry.
Do not use would of if you mean would have.
Learn the difference between of and off; they're, there and their; between lose and loose.
Brexit brought many demands to tighten our boarders ( might work in dorms at Eton!).

Why do kids have to use like 5 times in a sentence.

Give me time, I'm certain to add others

I'm like literally blown away by that, Derbyhoop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024