Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madsen signs 16:04 - Aug 23 with 10735 viewsnix

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/august/23/madsen-first-iv/
Madsen signs on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 3836 viewsstainrods_elbow

Madsen signs on 17:25 - Aug 23 by Tonto

Holy crap...

Pigs have flown, the sky has turned black and Stai rod's elbow has made a positive post...

They do happen from time to time, though you may not read them! ;-)

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Madsen signs on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 3816 viewsstainrods_elbow

Madsen signs on 17:49 - Aug 23 by dmm

Ah yes, you're right. I forgot that. So £2m for Armstrong and a £3m net transfer spend.

We also f*cked off Begovic and his presumably hefty wage, and the loans went home. Still, thes incomings feel like some kind of fiscal punt, no?

Madsen signs on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 3824 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hopefully he is the driving forward centre midfielder we have been missing for a number of years now. Exciting times with Saito and Dembele making a positive start already.
Madsen signs on 18:23 - Aug 23 with 3649 viewsstainrods_elbow

To be honest, I can't remember listening to a player talking less excitedly about how excited he is to be here. The guy sounds like he's discussing his own execution! Hopefully, he's just uber-chilled.

Incidentally, does anyone think he looks a bit like a younger/saner Jack Colback (whom he'll perhaps now be keeping out of the side)?

Madson signs on 18:32 - Aug 23 with 3553 viewsrbee

Madsen signs on 18:08 - Aug 23 by stainrods_elbow

We also f*cked off Begovic and his presumably hefty wage, and the loans went home. Still, thes incomings feel like some kind of fiscal punt, no?

😂 No more, no more. 😂

The how are we financing this and sshhh secret debates have been more than adequately covered elsewhere with me p1ssing some fellow fans off, sorry.

Thank goodness there are three games in the next week to return to matters on the pitch.
Madsen signs on 18:40 - Aug 23 with 3443 viewsdmm

Madsen signs on 18:01 - Aug 23 by SimonD

Don't forget that, apart from our player purchases being amortised across the length of their contracts, this season (and supposedly only this season) there is a £2.5m cost of living allowance we can reduce our outgoings for FFP by. This sort of replaces the £2.5m Covid add back which is dropping out of our FFP reporting period this season.
[Post edited 23 Aug 18:25]

Thanks, Simon. I wasn't really aware of that. Is this allowance effectively a credit against our FFP expenditure only or does it show in the accounts as income?
Madsen signs on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 3311 viewsHastings_Hoops

Madsen signs on 17:04 - Aug 23 by sprocket

2m fee according to WLS, couple that with .875m for Varanne and 1.5 for Celar. There would also have been fees for Santos, Morrison, Dembele and Saito.

WTF are they getting that kind of money from?

there must have been a couple of million for Eze’s first England start? + of course Armstrong money and ending some hefty contracts this summer (eg, Willock, Adomah and Begovic)?
Madsen signs on 19:20 - Aug 23 with 3140 viewsjoolsyp

My brother (a Spurs fan) has already come up with a song for our new Danish giant:

Six foot four
Hair Galore
Nicky Madsen's gonna score...
Login to get fewer ads

Madsen signs on 19:26 - Aug 23 with 3092 viewsBklynRanger

Like a few of these recent signings, I'm very curious about how long it might take him to get up to the pace of this league.

He talks in the interview of how the intensity of the Sheff Utd game was very high. Hopefully he can adapt quickly, but we seem to have at least 3 projects, in Varane, Santos and this new guy.

They may be really successful, short term projects of course, or not. Not sure where I'm going with this but I feel a bit sceptical at this moment.
[Post edited 23 Aug 20:03]
Madsen signs on 19:42 - Aug 23 with 2951 viewsSonofpugwash

I likes the cut of his jib.
Let's hope he rocks up on Saturday.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Madsen signs on 20:47 - Aug 23 with 2678 viewsderbyhoop

Madsen signs on 19:26 - Aug 23 by BklynRanger

Like a few of these recent signings, I'm very curious about how long it might take him to get up to the pace of this league.

He talks in the interview of how the intensity of the Sheff Utd game was very high. Hopefully he can adapt quickly, but we seem to have at least 3 projects, in Varane, Santos and this new guy.

They may be really successful, short term projects of course, or not. Not sure where I'm going with this but I feel a bit sceptical at this moment.
[Post edited 23 Aug 20:03]

We've had 8 senior signings this Summer. The chances are that at least 2, possibly more, will not work out. On the very limited evidence to date, I'm thinking Hevertton, Varane and Celar are going to struggle. Hope I'm being unduly pessimistic.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Madsen signs on 21:05 - Aug 23 with 2579 viewsHAYESBOY

Cannot see if he was cleared to play tomorrow?

Smells like a trout farm in here

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:16 - Aug 23 with 2492 viewsgazza1

Madsen signs on 23:06 - Aug 23 with 2190 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure how many games you need to play to get your league winners medal, but the only way Chair gets in the Starting XI is if he beats the crap out of someone in the 25!

Which is ironic in its own way.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Madsen signs on 23:51 - Aug 23 with 2051 viewsBlackCrowe

Well I'm half Danish (Mum), so it's nice to have a bit of DK dynamite in the team now. Daughter Crowe is intending on wearing the national shirt tomorrow.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Madsen signs on 05:21 - Aug 24 with 1796 viewscheeseydane

My boss here in Denmark is Dutch and a Heerenven fanatic. He says we've got a good un in Madsen.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Madsen signs on 06:27 - Aug 24 with 1703 viewsdmm

Good morning. In case you've not seen it, Madsen's 23/24 highlights reel while you drink your coffee.

Madsen signs on 07:01 - Aug 24 with 1619 viewsSimonD

Madsen signs on 18:40 - Aug 23 by dmm

Thanks, Simon. I wasn't really aware of that. Is this allowance effectively a credit against our FFP expenditure only or does it show in the accounts as income?

It is an additional allowance for FFP purposes only, definitely not income.
Madsen signs on 07:54 - Aug 24 with 1417 viewsDannyPaddox

Madsen signs on 06:27 - Aug 24 by dmm

Good morning. In case you've not seen it, Madsen's 23/24 highlights reel while you drink your coffee.

I’m about to explain that Rangers are gonna win again
Madsen, Madsen, they call him Madsen

Great reel just needs the the right music.
Madsen signs on 08:44 - Aug 24 with 1284 views08olesen

Interesting to know where we will fit in. Could be:

............Nardi..............
Dunne.Cook. JCS. Paal
............Field............
....Varane.......Madsen....
KD.........Frey........Chair

Could play Field or Varane and then play Anderson but I think that would be quite open. Would rather Anderson started ahead of Madson for the time being. Koki off the bench.

Surely set pieces should improve with that lot. Huge team other than the wingers and paal, who would take or stay deep anyway.
[Post edited 24 Aug 8:50]

Poll: Who will the other play off

Madsen signs on 11:13 - Aug 24 with 1030 viewsSK_hoops

Hopefully he's good at finding wide open spaces on the pitch.
Madsen signs on 20:00 - Aug 24 with 783 viewsaston_hoop

I can't not sing his name in place of Madness to Iron Maiden's 'Can I Play with Madness'. it makes no sense but I'm stuck with it now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Madsen signs on 20:26 - Aug 24 with 689 viewsBristolR

Madsen signs on 11:13 - Aug 24 by SK_hoops

Hopefully he's good at finding wide open spaces on the pitch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024