Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your number 2... 23:44 - Aug 19 with 4070 viewsqpr_1968

everyone had their favourite player...does'nt matter what era...age does'nt play a part...

my favourite was stan....but, i had plenty of 2nd bests over the years, but i loved this fellow...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

who was your number 2... on 20:14 - Aug 20 with 830 viewsMick_S

who was your number 2... on 18:21 - Aug 20 by Paddyhoops

Got be Eze followed by Adel .

Other way round for me, Paddy. Loved Tony Currie as well.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

who was your number 2... on 23:11 - Aug 20 with 733 viewsCiderwithRsie

Been thinking hard about this, and for me the "one" is some sort of amalgam of every classic Rangers 10, Rodney-Stan-Currie-Stainrod-Byrne-Taarabt-Eze - but the "2" is probably Ian Dawes (ask your dad, kids).

Week after week, season after season, Dawesie was there at left back, always solid but able to get forward too.

Played for years in the top flight but don't suppose he made enough to retire on when he hung his boots up. Cost us nothing either.

For me he stands for every loyal Rangers man who just got on with the job, you never had to worry.
who was your number 2... on 23:32 - Aug 20 with 717 viewslangtoft

Stan first but then its easier to break it into eras

70s - John Hollins
80s - Gary Waddock
90s - Macca pushed hard by Les, no Ray, no Sinton (FFS)
00s - Magic Hat
10s - Adel
20s - ask me again in 6 years but for now Im going with Eze
[Post edited 20 Aug 23:32]
who was your number 2... on 23:36 - Aug 20 with 678 viewsBrianMcCarthy

who was your number 2... on 23:11 - Aug 20 by CiderwithRsie

Been thinking hard about this, and for me the "one" is some sort of amalgam of every classic Rangers 10, Rodney-Stan-Currie-Stainrod-Byrne-Taarabt-Eze - but the "2" is probably Ian Dawes (ask your dad, kids).

Week after week, season after season, Dawesie was there at left back, always solid but able to get forward too.

Played for years in the top flight but don't suppose he made enough to retire on when he hung his boots up. Cost us nothing either.

For me he stands for every loyal Rangers man who just got on with the job, you never had to worry.

Dawes is a great shout. Loved him.
So solid, but stylish as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

who was your number 2... on 08:41 - Aug 21 with 600 viewsnumptydumpty

For sheer class and possessing complete box of tricks and scorer of one of the greatest ever Rangers goals away at Leeds - Royston Wegerle - for me !!

My favourite was Wilkins and Les would be a joint choice with Wegerle for second but the audacity of some of the showboating by Roy was on a different level.

That early 90s team had all bases covered - quality throughout.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

who was your number 2... on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 489 viewsE17hoop

Ian Gillard. Just got on and did what was needed week in, week out. Solid and dependable.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

who was your number 2... on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 420 viewstimjones

This season represents my 50th year of following the Rs so I always have to go back to that era to pick my favourite players even though there have been so many since. My 3 favourites were Stan, Gerry and the great Dave Thomas. Stan had to be number one and in the school playing ground šŸ˜Š I remember occasionally reverting to one of the other two. If you put a gun to my head Iā€™d probably go for DT. A fantastic crosser of the ball and that pass he played out to Stan at home to Sunderland (I think). My guess is that after his move to Everton he made a few goals for Bob Latchford too. All done without shin pads at a time when tackles used to fly in.
who was your number 2... on 20:21 - Aug 21 with 316 viewsloftboy

who was your number 2... on 11:56 - Aug 20 by Orthodox_Hoop

Gary Bannister for me, he's the reason I fell in love with Rangers. All time fave is Macca though.

Same for me

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024