Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report 19:47 - Aug 14 with 4869 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62783
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 20:31 - Aug 14 with 4616 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought they did enough to take us to penalties at least.Glad they didn’t though as it was just a leisurely stroll back to the station for the last train to Stowmarket,where 4 teenage Cambridge fans got off too.
Shame the local pub was shut though.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 21:02 - Aug 14 with 4440 viewslosethedrum

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 20:31 - Aug 14 by stowmarketrange

I thought they did enough to take us to penalties at least.Glad they didn’t though as it was just a leisurely stroll back to the station for the last train to Stowmarket,where 4 teenage Cambridge fans got off too.

Those 4 Cambridge fans then went over the bridge at Stow station & got the train to Diss .
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 21:06 - Aug 14 with 4411 viewsdaveB

neither of them were pens, the first one was a dive and rightly booked
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 22:26 - Aug 14 with 3977 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Complacent. Think that has been the attitude for the first two games.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 23:14 - Aug 14 with 3762 viewsDannyPaddox

Great write-up as always. Love the photo of the ground - Carabao Encounters Of The Cambridgeshire Kind. For me Walsh was close to MOTM. Made one gaffe but otherwise solid and kept us in the game.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 01:27 - Aug 15 with 3454 viewsBoston

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 21:02 - Aug 14 by losethedrum

Those 4 Cambridge fans then went over the bridge at Stow station & got the train to Diss .

Casually attired in matching jeans and Barbour barn jackets matched with rolled down green wellies, they alighted at Diss Railway Station and returned to their four-bedroom, two bath 325k detached homes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 06:31 - Aug 15 with 3215 viewsNorthernr

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 23:14 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

Great write-up as always. Love the photo of the ground - Carabao Encounters Of The Cambridgeshire Kind. For me Walsh was close to MOTM. Made one gaffe but otherwise solid and kept us in the game.

Would definitely have been MOTM on a 7 without the error.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 09:14 - Aug 15 with 2704 viewslosethedrum

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 01:27 - Aug 15 by Boston

Casually attired in matching jeans and Barbour barn jackets matched with rolled down green wellies, they alighted at Diss Railway Station and returned to their four-bedroom, two bath 325k detached homes.

325k 4 bedroom detached in Diss that would be a good find.
One of the Cambridge firm was bedecked in a bright Amber bucket hat & they looked more a bunch of moochers & slackers rather than the skint hoorays type.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 10:21 - Aug 15 with 2487 viewsterryb

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 20:31 - Aug 14 by stowmarketrange

Cheers Phil for the company at the game, walk to the station & the journey back.

We saw it as you did Clive, although I was more sceptical about the "penalties" than you were. We were worse with each substitution that we made, Field (in particular) was poor & competed with Paal to be the worst player on the pitch.

For 20 minutes we were stroking the ball around & looking like a team, but that soon gave way to lethargy!
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 2277 viewsPhilmyRs

Good report, thanks for the write-up. Sadly couldn't see this one so no idea on performance but doesn't sound good.

I do worry, and think Dave Mc made some good points on this for West London sport, that we've not been as balanced as we should be in our transfer dealings. Some exciting/interesting transfers for sure but zero championship experience, and for most of them zero experience of English football. No problems with 2, possibly 3 signings in this mould, but when your entire summer recruitment is this type of player, it is a massive risk. Building team spirit, developing an identity etc must be so much harder when you're going down this road of transfers. Someone like Hayden for example added so much in terms of experience and professionalism. Yes, others may have more sell on value/potential, but you do still need the Hayden types in your team. As a club, I just worry we never get the balance right - a bit of championship experience and professionalism, mixed in with a couple of unknown excitiing talents.

However, I would say if we can survive this season, so these newbies will have had a full season getting acclimatised to the league, and if we can finish the season well, I can see a lot of positives for next season. It's just this year which is the real worry for me. I hope I'm wrong and they all step-up and deliver.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 12:58 - Aug 15 with 1983 viewsBoston

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 09:14 - Aug 15 by losethedrum

325k 4 bedroom detached in Diss that would be a good find.
One of the Cambridge firm was bedecked in a bright Amber bucket hat & they looked more a bunch of moochers & slackers rather than the skint hoorays type.

No idea mate, never even heard of Diss before the mention of their destination, just trying my hand at a bit of tabloid journalism.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 13:11 - Aug 15 with 1930 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 12:58 - Aug 15 by Boston

No idea mate, never even heard of Diss before the mention of their destination, just trying my hand at a bit of tabloid journalism.

I thought everyone knew Diss Town is coming like a ghost town.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 13:48 - Aug 15 with 1816 viewslosethedrum

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 12:58 - Aug 15 by Boston

And very good a hand it ws too Boston , not dissing you at all.
Diss is inbetween Norwich & Ipswich on the Norfolk Suffolk border roughly 20 miles from each & the last train stop before Norwich .
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 13:55 - Aug 15 with 1772 viewsfrancisbowles

We were sat on the opposite side to the Rrrs in the main stand and had a close up view of the mauling of our left side. The RB, Bennet I think, and one of their forwards were linking up and passing and moving very well; JCS and Pal and our other players on and around that side of the pitch were completely outplayed.

Cambridge were excellent after they got a goal back, their crowd were appreciative of their efforts and applauded them off at the end. Like us though, they seem to lack a goalscorer.
QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 14:54 - Aug 16 with 904 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

QPR lucky to escape intact from Cambridge chasing – Report on 13:11 - Aug 15 by DannyPaddox

I thought everyone knew Diss Town is coming like a ghost town.

Can’t touch Diss
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024