Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 70133 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 2114 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:17 - Aug 31 by wessex_exile

Aah, didn’t realise that. Oh well, chance for Tovide and Hopper to make the headlines then.

Totally agree

Ladapo would have been a great re-signing but we couldn't afford his wages sadly.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:31 - Aug 31 with 2050 viewsMarkyMark47

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:14 - Aug 31 by TheOldOakTree

Only 25 of those in the league over two seasons, the rest in the EFL Trophy or EFL Cup. So that’s 12.5 L1 goals a year and he’s played out wide more often than in the centre.

It’s much better than we’ve signed so far, but on paper we are still well short of replacing the 40 goals scored last season by Taylor, McGeehan, Chilvers, Fevrier, Ihionvien, Akinde, Cooper, etc. and that was 30 goals short of what we need to get promoted.

It’s not good enough if we are serious about reversing the decline. DC/NC are our last chance and should be given all the available funds to get us out of this mess.

While it's good to have dynamic centre forwards, I don't think it's essential. Our goals could come from a number of players in midfield, and let's not forget who got us off to such a brilliant start at Wimbledon!

Up the U's!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:15 - Aug 31 with 2012 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:31 - Aug 31 by MarkyMark47

While it's good to have dynamic centre forwards, I don't think it's essential. Our goals could come from a number of players in midfield, and let's not forget who got us off to such a brilliant start at Wimbledon!

Up the U's!

Yes, I’m happy to see goals coming from anywhere. Certainly McGeehan, Read, Chilvers etc. saved our skin last season, and if the aim is to survive for another season, then I would agree that relying on goals from midfield could achieve that, but if we want to reverse the decline and regain a winning mentality, then realistically we need 70+ goals for a play-off spot or 90+ goals for automatic promotion.

To achieve anything like that, surely we need goals coming from everywhere and at least 40 from our forwards?

All the money from player sales needs to be spent on the first team not thrown into the bottomless pit that’s dragging us down year after year. Spending millions to make thousands is bonkers, the vision has been tried to death and failed. DC/NC should be given the money so they don’t have to shop in the bargain basement. Otherwise, we just survive another season until the inevitable happens.

It’s a fantastic opportunity for Scully, if he can bag 25+ goals, and Taylor can chip in 15+, then we are well on the way, but the money needs to be there in January if DC/NC need it.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:43 - Aug 31 with 1950 viewsBFG

Posh ironically use their Szmodics sell-on fee to buy Bradley
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:06 - Sep 3 with 1729 viewsbwildered

Certainly can talk a good punditry game, showed his experience but now can he play for ninety minutes . Lyle Taylor a summariser in last night televised game on Sky, Salford v MKD . Plenty of U’s interest with Jamie Jones, Ashley, Chesters , Garbutt and Gilbey all playing .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:46 - Sep 4 with 1612 viewsburnsieespana

See Brad scored after coming on as a sub V Gillingham last night with the assist from Poku!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:28 - Sep 4 with 1571 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:46 - Sep 4 by burnsieespana

See Brad scored after coming on as a sub V Gillingham last night with the assist from Poku!

I think they call it death by a thousand cuts.

Don't let Durham see this.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:28 - Sep 4 with 1541 viewsmfb_cufc

Well taken goal, but the defending was a joke, just standing there and let him shoot.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:28 - Sep 4 with 1544 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:28 - Sep 4 by TheOldOakTree

I think they call it death by a thousand cuts.

Don't let Durham see this.

TOOT

He's just put another £500,000 on his value!!!!!

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:42 - Sep 4 with 1540 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:28 - Sep 4 by mfb_cufc

Well taken goal, but the defending was a joke, just standing there and let him shoot.

I thought the same, but in fairness to Brad, right at the start of the clip he drops back quickly to give himself the space. It would have been a brave/stupid defender that chased after him.

When he does hit it, the defender looks to me as if he ducks, so he doesn't get hit by the ball!!!!

I don't think the L1 defenders will be so kind.

The posh fans love him already, they seem to think they've signed the next Mbappé.

Hopefully they have if there's the usual sell on clause.

Can't we just merge the Posh and U's academies and split the profits, it would save a lot of hassle
[Post edited 4 Sep 12:48]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:41 - Sep 4 with 1479 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Joel Thompson joins, another signing from Forest. This one on a short term deal rather than a loan.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/september/04/u-s-sign-joel-thompson/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:46 - Sep 4 with 1474 viewsDaniel

At first glance I thought that said Joel Thomas and a shiver went down my spine!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:01 - Sep 4 with 1468 viewsburnsieespana

Wonder why we are suddenly getting an influx of young Notts Forest players? Do they have an exceptional an Academy? Do understand thos is not a permanent sign8ng or even l9an but guess if he does well he will get offered a contract.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:48 - Sep 4 with 1340 viewsMarkyMark47

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:46 - Sep 4 by burnsieespana

He's still the face of the 2024/25 shirt on the club website! 😂
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:04 - Sep 5 with 1168 viewswessex_exile

Sadly, it's been announced that Milton Oni is out for "several months" with a ruptured ACL. Considering his impressive start to the season, that's a really tough one for the lad.
https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/september/05/milton-oni-injury-update/

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:44 - Sep 5 with 1145 viewsMarkyMark47

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:04 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

Sadly, it's been announced that Milton Oni is out for "several months" with a ruptured ACL. Considering his impressive start to the season, that's a really tough one for the lad.

Terrible news. Am sure he'll get all the support that he'll undoubtedly need.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:05 - Sep 5 with 1070 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:04 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

Really feel for him. He must be gutted. Could have a massive impact on his career. Such a shame and terrible timing for him when he was just starting to establish himself.

Does anyone know where we got him from or has he been at the club a while? I saw he was named U18's captain last season but didn't know if he'd been with the club prior to that.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:36 - Sep 5 with 1054 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:05 - Sep 5 by RSCOSWORTH

Really feel for him. He must be gutted. Could have a massive impact on his career. Such a shame and terrible timing for him when he was just starting to establish himself.

Does anyone know where we got him from or has he been at the club a while? I saw he was named U18's captain last season but didn't know if he'd been with the club prior to that.

I don't know how far he goes back, but he was definitely in the U18s in 2022/23.

Edit - looks like he signed for us in summer 2022, from an agency it would appear?

https://www.facebook.com/ppsportmangnent/posts/-%F0%9D%90%81%F0%9D%90%91%F0%9D%9
[Post edited 5 Sep 19:47]

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:13 - Sep 5 with 1037 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:36 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

I don't know how far he goes back, but he was definitely in the U18s in 2022/23.

Edit - looks like he signed for us in summer 2022, from an agency it would appear?

https://www.facebook.com/ppsportmangnent/posts/-%F0%9D%90%81%F0%9D%90%91%F0%9D%9
[Post edited 5 Sep 19:47]

Very sorry for him. Hope he fully recovers and gets back to challenge.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:39 - Sep 6 with 942 viewsburnsieespana

My Luton supporting friend tells me they made a bid for Poku on deadline day which was rejected.i
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:31 - Sep 6 with 869 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Greenidge goes to Hornchurch on loan.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/september/06/greenidge-joins-hornchurch-on-loan/

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 860 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:31 - Sep 6 by RSCOSWORTH

Greenidge goes to Hornchurch on loan.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/september/06/greenidge-joins-hornchurch-on-loan/

I never thought I would say this, but I think that's a bit hasty. Hunt is the obvious weak link in our defense. Stanley had worked that out and took advantage of it. The option to bring Greenidge off the bench could have been useful.

(if only to stun the opposition into wondering how many more shite RB's we have in our squad)
[Post edited 6 Sep 15:48]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:30 - Sep 6 with 855 viewsgerry_us

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:03 - Sep 6 by TheOldOakTree

I never thought I would say this, but I think that's a bit hasty. Hunt is the obvious weak link in our defense. Stanley had worked that out and took advantage of it. The option to bring Greenidge off the bench could have been useful.

(if only to stun the opposition into wondering how many more shite RB's we have in our squad)
[Post edited 6 Sep 15:48]

Probably a step up for him!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:11 - Sep 11 with 493 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Couple of former U's on display and a rather tasty goal from one of them.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:13 - Sep 12 with 325 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:11 - Sep 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Couple of former U's on display and a rather tasty goal from one of them.

Yes, a well taken goal. It's compulsory that you score a blinder within a few games of being sold/rejected by the U's.

Searching for the second former player, I had a flashback when their McGavin hit the bar!

The best bit of the video is the sight of that open terrace on the right. Happy days!.

On an unrelated matter, a few months ago, when the gazette reported that Braintree had signed Kyrell Lisbie, they quite rightly described his dad as ‘the former Colchester striker’, no mention that he’d played 8 seasons in the Premier League.
[Post edited 12 Sep 15:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024