Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst season ever 16:56 - Apr 1 with 5662 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I thought our time in the Premier league was beyond awful but I think this is worse. To have nose dived so drastically and now be so close to relegation is there a shout that this is the worst season ever?
Worst season ever on 08:07 - Apr 2 with 1484 viewsTGRRRSSS

We all hate Barton but he always put in a shift simply cos he hated losing.

Everything else I get but when he went over the line he was desperate to win if only for himself.

How many of this lot have even that amount of self pride.

Several on here more like Boswinga .

This may indeed be the worst season ever which only staterd after the 2nd November when we drew up at Carrow Road - a place we always lose at no matter what
Worst season ever on 10:05 - Apr 2 with 1369 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst season ever on 10:55 - Apr 2 with 1287 viewsTK1

It's a miserable season, mainly because last season was miserable from January too so it all blends into one.

BUT Drama Queens Park Rangers in full effect. "It's the worst I've seen in 60 years...close the club down...string the board from lamp posts...start again in non-league..."

We're terrible, but we've won eleven games. In living memory:

1968/69: won FOUR games
1978/79: won six games
2000/01: won seven games
2014/15: won eight games.

These are objectively worse seasons. (On a related note, the pitchforks should've been out in 2014/15. This board should've been run out then. That was the tipping point for TF/Reuben and associates, never mind all their human shields now.)

In 2005/06: won 12 games. So one more win to match that rubbish, when we stayed up by one place (with Gareth Ainsworth in the team).

This squad have won eleven times this season so they can probably scrape another couple of home Watford-style wins together. It's possible. They could surprise us. They may not. But in those other seasons mentioned above the team was incapable, just too bad to win the games needed.

Gotta win a couple of home games, but the run-in is weird for all teams. Lot of attritional matches for the others, while we have a couple of possible on-the-beach clubs looming. Warnock could still send both us and Cardiff down, arguably at Cardiff on the second to last weekend which even I'd find funny. Or we could instead just beat, say, Norwich and Bristol City at home and stay up by a whisker.
Worst season ever on 11:28 - Apr 2 with 1244 viewswelwynranger

I am old enough to remember 1968 /69 season.
Our first in the old Division 1
We only won 4 games all at home.
Lost every away game.
8-1 at Old Trafford, and lots of 4s and 5s.
I was at a lot of these games but I was younger and more resilient them.
That was the worst for me.
But the current team are very hard to watch now, very little effort or commitment.
With myself being older and not so well these days the economic situation , train strikes etc, it has been hard to keep going to matches, but I do in the hope that they will produce but they let me down week in week out.
In nearly 60yrs I can't recall a time when I have been so down hearted about my team
Worst season ever on 20:15 - Apr 2 with 1098 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Worst season ever on 10:55 - Apr 2 by TK1

It's a miserable season, mainly because last season was miserable from January too so it all blends into one.

BUT Drama Queens Park Rangers in full effect. "It's the worst I've seen in 60 years...close the club down...string the board from lamp posts...start again in non-league..."

We're terrible, but we've won eleven games. In living memory:

1968/69: won FOUR games
1978/79: won six games
2000/01: won seven games
2014/15: won eight games.

These are objectively worse seasons. (On a related note, the pitchforks should've been out in 2014/15. This board should've been run out then. That was the tipping point for TF/Reuben and associates, never mind all their human shields now.)

In 2005/06: won 12 games. So one more win to match that rubbish, when we stayed up by one place (with Gareth Ainsworth in the team).

This squad have won eleven times this season so they can probably scrape another couple of home Watford-style wins together. It's possible. They could surprise us. They may not. But in those other seasons mentioned above the team was incapable, just too bad to win the games needed.

Gotta win a couple of home games, but the run-in is weird for all teams. Lot of attritional matches for the others, while we have a couple of possible on-the-beach clubs looming. Warnock could still send both us and Cardiff down, arguably at Cardiff on the second to last weekend which even I'd find funny. Or we could instead just beat, say, Norwich and Bristol City at home and stay up by a whisker.

I don’t think that the number of games won or lost necessarily equates to it being the worst season ever. As has often been said on this site, hope is a dangerous thing. Having it ripped away from you and stamped to death for no obvious reason can be worse than merely losing a few games.
Worst season ever on 21:59 - Apr 2 with 1048 viewsPeterHucker

A few people saying this is worse because the players don't give a fck.

Relegation team of 2000/2001 had a few players like that.

The relegation team of 2014/2015 had loads of em. Only reason they were at QPR in the first place was for the big wage they were getting. And that includes the manager!

Incredibly frustrating as this season undoubtedly is, I can't quite hate this current lot as much as I did the bunch of absolute 24 carat cünts who played for us under that fücking wänker Redknapp.
Some of the current team are trying their best (Kakay, Dunne, Field, Chair, Dykes)
The problem is their best is nowhere near good enough to keep us up, particularly when playing alongside several others who either can't be bothered putting in a decent shift or are just rubbish or completely past it. (Martin, Johansen, Adomah)
Worst season ever on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 916 viewsBluce_Ree

It's like we've got a squad of Karl Readys.

It's bullshit frankly.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Worst season ever on 12:14 - Apr 3 with 882 viewsNorthernr

Worst season ever on 21:59 - Apr 2 by PeterHucker

A few people saying this is worse because the players don't give a fck.

Relegation team of 2000/2001 had a few players like that.

The relegation team of 2014/2015 had loads of em. Only reason they were at QPR in the first place was for the big wage they were getting. And that includes the manager!

Incredibly frustrating as this season undoubtedly is, I can't quite hate this current lot as much as I did the bunch of absolute 24 carat cünts who played for us under that fücking wänker Redknapp.
Some of the current team are trying their best (Kakay, Dunne, Field, Chair, Dykes)
The problem is their best is nowhere near good enough to keep us up, particularly when playing alongside several others who either can't be bothered putting in a decent shift or are just rubbish or completely past it. (Martin, Johansen, Adomah)

As I've said on another thread, we've already lost more home games than we did that 00/01 season, and we're only one defeat short of that team's total of 20.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst season ever on 12:41 - Apr 3 with 831 viewsMonkey_Roots

I don't see the thought process that results in us snatching a point from anywhere in the run-in.

The 2 most winnable games for us were Wigan and Blackpool - both bereft of confidence, goals and points - both pulled our pants down.

We are down, we deserve to be down.

I'll breathe a sigh of relief when our fate is decided - looking ahead with hope at what GA can build, the exodus of losers and what changes will come about regarding the structure of our club.
Worst season ever on 12:47 - Apr 3 with 802 viewsslmrstid

This is, in my view, the worst ever QPR team I've seen for now, only a late rally will change that view. It has got more points than the 00/01 team (which hopelessly won 7 all season...) but it just looks so unlikely to not lose every game remaining at the moment.

The bit that concerns me most as well is the potential of plummeting straight through the league below as well into League Two, given the momentum around the place. It would take a huge summer shift to change that mentality around the whole place.
Worst season ever on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 775 viewsQPRConor2000

Its definitely up there with one of the worst seasons supporting QPR.

But I just have a feeling relegation might be the wake up we need as a club - some people have got away with it for too long imo.

For one, you dont have any FFP as you do in the Championship, the only restriction is the SCMP, which would limit wage spending to 60 percent of turnover, and you can still top it up with owner equity.

Also, you would have to think that we will have to get rid of some non-playing staff who take up a huge chunk of our payroll, perhaps Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos will end up being let go to cut costs.
Worst season ever on 13:17 - Apr 3 with 757 viewshubble

Worst season ever on 12:41 - Apr 3 by Monkey_Roots

I don't see the thought process that results in us snatching a point from anywhere in the run-in.

The 2 most winnable games for us were Wigan and Blackpool - both bereft of confidence, goals and points - both pulled our pants down.

We are down, we deserve to be down.

I'll breathe a sigh of relief when our fate is decided - looking ahead with hope at what GA can build, the exodus of losers and what changes will come about regarding the structure of our club.

I agree with all of that. And putting a positive spin on it, amidst all the dom and gloom, I'm actually looking forward to going to some new grounds next season. Lincoln and Shrewsbury are places I've never been too, and I'd like to go to Exeter and tie that in with a West Country trip.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's a disaster, we'll never come back up, etc. etc. Well, truth is we don't know what the future will bring, but we can still enjoy the present, if we choose.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024