Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphrys gone 16:34 - Jul 9 with 9601 viewsSuddenLad

[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 16:35]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Humphrys gone on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2675 viewsbartheslobotomy

Humphrys gone on 22:13 - Jul 10 by 1907

Can we have clarity on this? Because I’d been of the opinion that some of our fans were coming across rather classless but if he has actually spat his dummy out & gone to those extents to force a move then those are the kinds of behaviours that should be made public to avoid blame being directed at the new board.

allegedly he refused to train after the formal transfer request was submitted... if true it (sadly) casts a large dark cloud over the whole 'I'm a fan and will keep an eye on results' rhetoric.

Its a shame, as nobody would begrudge a move for more money / higher league / better prospects but if the refusing to train allegations are true then we are better off without...
Humphrys gone on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 2635 viewsJames1980

Humphrys gone on 22:40 - Jul 10 by bartheslobotomy

allegedly he refused to train after the formal transfer request was submitted... if true it (sadly) casts a large dark cloud over the whole 'I'm a fan and will keep an eye on results' rhetoric.

Its a shame, as nobody would begrudge a move for more money / higher league / better prospects but if the refusing to train allegations are true then we are better off without...

Is it possible Wigan said don't train because if you get injured the deal is off?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Humphrys gone on 22:57 - Jul 10 with 2596 viewskel

Humphrys gone on 22:47 - Jul 10 by James1980

Is it possible Wigan said don't train because if you get injured the deal is off?

Given he was still under contract at Rochdale it’s irrelevant want Wigan wanted. I’ve heard the same rumour as posted above and if it’s true then I’d have bloody well fined him too.
Humphrys gone on 22:57 - Jul 10 with 2592 viewsBrierls

Humphrys gone on 22:47 - Jul 10 by James1980

It doesn’t matter one bit if they have, it wouldn’t excuse downing tools. He’s a professional footballer who was under contract to Dale and is paid to train and play.

IF (and it’s an important if) Humphrys did refuse to train then he’s a snake because that’s not in keeping with his Tweets and alleged love for the club. It seems out of character.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 22:58]
Humphrys gone on 22:58 - Jul 10 with 2590 viewsrafc_ryan

Wonder if we could have kept Lund if we’d sold him sooner, either way it means the new manager has more funding hopefully to get some new signings
Humphrys gone on 23:03 - Jul 10 with 2562 viewsBrierls

Humphrys gone on 22:28 - Jul 10 by James1980

My theory is the relegation probably triggered a clause to reduce his wage. Humphrys and his missus purchased a house I expect based on the wages we were paying him in league one. So not surprised he is after a higher wage.

My theory is he’d have wanted to go to Wigan for a whopping pay rise regardless of our relegation. He’d be stupid not to, but there are ways of going about it.
Humphrys gone on 23:20 - Jul 10 with 2508 viewsJames1980

Humphrys gone on 23:03 - Jul 10 by Brierls

My theory is he’d have wanted to go to Wigan for a whopping pay rise regardless of our relegation. He’d be stupid not to, but there are ways of going about it.

I don't think he would have moved to another league one club if we had stayed up.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Humphrys gone on 23:31 - Jul 10 with 2468 viewsbartheslobotomy

Humphrys gone on 23:20 - Jul 10 by James1980

I don't think he would have moved to another league one club if we had stayed up.

James1980... if somebody offered you 3.5x your current salary to do the same job as you do now in a different uniform would you take it?

If you said you wanted to take it, but your current employer asked you to work a 6m notice, would you (A) change your mind and stay, (B) work it and then take the new role at the agreed time that means you honour your current employment contract or (C) refuse to work another day until your current employer lets you leave without a notice period and at the same time result in a hugely reduced comp package from your new firm to your old one?

footballers aren't all that different to a standard employee in a 'normal' job, with the exception of them playing up to the passion for the badge and feeling the need to display more loyalty than they actually feel in the echo chamber that is social media.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Humphrys gone on 23:41 - Jul 10 with 2426 viewsD_Alien

Humphrys gone on 23:31 - Jul 10 by bartheslobotomy

James1980... if somebody offered you 3.5x your current salary to do the same job as you do now in a different uniform would you take it?

If you said you wanted to take it, but your current employer asked you to work a 6m notice, would you (A) change your mind and stay, (B) work it and then take the new role at the agreed time that means you honour your current employment contract or (C) refuse to work another day until your current employer lets you leave without a notice period and at the same time result in a hugely reduced comp package from your new firm to your old one?

footballers aren't all that different to a standard employee in a 'normal' job, with the exception of them playing up to the passion for the badge and feeling the need to display more loyalty than they actually feel in the echo chamber that is social media.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:32]

I'm waiting for the first footballer to have an image of his arse printed on his shirt, then kissing it after scoring before mouthing "Kiss My Arse" to the nearest camera

At least I'd respect the honesty

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Humphrys gone on 08:52 - Jul 11 with 2115 viewsfunkkk

Humphrys gone on 22:13 - Jul 10 by 1907

Can we have clarity on this? Because I’d been of the opinion that some of our fans were coming across rather classless but if he has actually spat his dummy out & gone to those extents to force a move then those are the kinds of behaviours that should be made public to avoid blame being directed at the new board.

He was sounding out a move before our relegation was even confirmed. As a few people have said, it did reach a point where he was refusing to train.
Humphrys gone on 08:53 - Jul 11 with 2115 viewsfunkkk

Humphrys gone on 22:28 - Jul 10 by James1980

My theory is the relegation probably triggered a clause to reduce his wage. Humphrys and his missus purchased a house I expect based on the wages we were paying him in league one. So not surprised he is after a higher wage.

No.
Humphrys gone on 09:25 - Jul 11 with 2044 views1907

Humphrys gone on 08:52 - Jul 11 by funkkk

He was sounding out a move before our relegation was even confirmed. As a few people have said, it did reach a point where he was refusing to train.

That’s an absolute joke. I understand that some of these players have a loyalty to BBM, however they also have a loyalty to a football club that has been nothing but good to each & everyone of them during the course of a pandemic.

Their contracts are with us, not BBM.

They should also give Stockdale a chance before downing tools & forcing moves.
Humphrys gone on 09:36 - Jul 11 with 2021 viewsSunningDale

Humphrys gone on 08:52 - Jul 11 by funkkk

From what source did this come from?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Humphrys gone on 13:22 - Jul 11 with 1823 viewsnordenblue

Humphrys gone on 22:40 - Jul 10 by bartheslobotomy

Is that not what happened prior to him coming to us from Southend,seem to remember hearing similar back then, may be wrong but wouldn't be at all surprised if so
Humphrys gone on 13:27 - Jul 11 with 1814 viewsfinberty

If Wigan want to sign a not-quite fit player, with a long history of crock-ness behind him already, then that's their business.

Don't come crying to us if he pulls up lame in the first week.
Humphrys gone on 14:17 - Jul 11 with 1672 viewsrochedale

If we have got £800k for him as rumoured, that’s a great bit of business. One of the most overrated strikers I’ve seen at the club. He was good, but not £800k good, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Humphrys gone on 14:36 - Jul 11 with 1610 viewsrichfoad32

Humphrys gone on 14:17 - Jul 11 by rochedale

If we have got £800k for him as rumoured, that’s a great bit of business. One of the most overrated strikers I’ve seen at the club. He was good, but not £800k good, not by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think he's overrated at all personally. In this day and age £800K is a bargain if he can stay healthy, which is a huge question mark.
Humphrys gone on 18:32 - Jul 11 with 1301 views49thseason

£800k is over half the total salary cap for clubs in L2 , even if 25% goes to Southend, £600 is still 40% of the cap. Add in the Dawson money we are expecting and the savings on the CEO wages and we should be good to go financially, not exactly flush but not exactly bust either.
I would regard this a decent piece of business if these numbers are anywhere near correct.
Now we just need Stockdale to come through with 5 or 6 loans and signings to bolster the defence. There are still 100s of players looking for contracts, things might get interesting in short order now as far as the on-pitch situation is concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024