Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 10:13 - Nov 5 with 29601 viewsBuckR

How are we rating our new No.9 so far then? Lack of goals so far but have to say I love his work up top. So does that out weigh the dry spell?
Dykes on 21:49 - Dec 15 with 2429 viewsMalintabuk

He may well be a decent player but by the looks of things he is not going to be the answer for us
True its only been about 20 matches he as played but we all have to be honest he really don't look like scoring
We lost those 3 top players in the summer and I don't think there was anyone expecting him to fill any of those shoes. But we have bought him to score at least some goals or at the least look like scoring ..... he just doesn't
Whether that is his fault. The systems fault or whatever the bottom line we spent money on him and it is not working
Perhaps he need a rest. I put on the thread that apart from his physicality he would not be a hard CF for a half decent CH to manage. He don't win a lot of headers... he is not particularly quick and certainly not skillful.
Dykes on 21:55 - Dec 15 with 2397 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’d like to see how many game he’s played this season including Scotland.

As others have said him and Kelman together might be worth a go but don’t know who’d get dropped from midfield?

I don’t know anything much about Kelman, but he might be a useful foil for him.
Dykes on 21:55 - Dec 15 with 2397 viewskarl

Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 15 by QPR_John

"The miss was bad "

If we are talking about the same on the face of it it was a bad miss. However Sky showed a close up and the defender just got a touch on the ball which slightly deflected it.

Yes, I commented in the match thread that a previous generation player would have prepared for a bad bounce etc by offering more of his foot/shin to make contact with the ball and take account of the nick by the defender, so I'm putting it down as a miss.
I am backing him as a player though and I hope we can get a level of performance the same as he did for Scotland, these were high pressure matches too.
Dykes on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 2316 viewsHunterhoop

I’ve actually been more impressed with his performances in the flesh than I have with the ones on TV. He has a better hold up/target man game than I thought. He’s still very raw, but he’s mobile, he battles, he works hard. He just doesn’t seem to anticipate well in the box. That is a big concern. But I’m holding our that he can bag a few goals somehow or another and gain some confidence. I’m hoping that’s all he’s missing. We’ll see. I’m sticking with him. I still think he’s better than Bonne. He stays onside at least!
Dykes on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 2293 viewsjohncharles

Only the hand of God would have scored that one

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes on 22:30 - Dec 15 with 2228 viewsdaveB

Dykes on 20:44 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He would be on 1 without the pens.

Well yeah but then Eze would have scored far fewer without penalties same as Charlie Austin. They do count as goals
Dykes on 22:35 - Dec 15 with 2217 viewsdaveB

I don't think he's hugely different to Hugil but Hugil used to get 4/5 chances a game, Dykes gets one if he is lucky. Second half today he made a good run in behind and Cameron played the ball 20 yards in front of him giving him no chance. Our creativity is awful this year, not just for Dykes, we created sod all for Bonne when he came on as well
Dykes on 22:50 - Dec 15 with 2169 viewsCamberleyR

Dykes on 20:44 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He would be on 1 without the pens.

What a ridiculous bloody argument. A penalty counts as much as any other goal. So he takes (and scores!) penalties, so what. Did Alan Shearer only score 310 rather than 380 goals because he took penalties?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 23:13 - Dec 15 with 2120 viewsnix

Dykes on 22:35 - Dec 15 by daveB

I don't think he's hugely different to Hugil but Hugil used to get 4/5 chances a game, Dykes gets one if he is lucky. Second half today he made a good run in behind and Cameron played the ball 20 yards in front of him giving him no chance. Our creativity is awful this year, not just for Dykes, we created sod all for Bonne when he came on as well

I agree, we're not getting enough quality balls in to him. And the same as I've said previously, we're not getting enough people into the box, so they can have four or five defenders just on Dykes. And sometimes he's so isolated: the ball comes in from forty yards away and the nearest attacking player is twenty yards away. No one to flick onto and no one to pick up second ball or provide an outlet. I do think if we weren't in such a precarious position we'd gamble more. We look a bit nervous about making a mistake.
Dykes on 23:17 - Dec 15 with 2109 viewsLythamR

"The miss was bad "

If we are talking about the same on the face of it it was a bad miss. However Sky showed a close up and the defender just got a touch on the ball which slightly deflected it.

exactly, and as for the absolute nonsense about him waiting and not attacking the ball i think the poster should look again at the build up, dyke busted a gut to cover the ground to get to the perfect position to slot that.

it was a brilliant move all round but just like Chairs shot hitting the post against Reading we are not getting the rub of the green at the moment
Dykes on 23:25 - Dec 15 with 2067 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes on 23:13 - Dec 15 by nix

I agree, we're not getting enough quality balls in to him. And the same as I've said previously, we're not getting enough people into the box, so they can have four or five defenders just on Dykes. And sometimes he's so isolated: the ball comes in from forty yards away and the nearest attacking player is twenty yards away. No one to flick onto and no one to pick up second ball or provide an outlet. I do think if we weren't in such a precarious position we'd gamble more. We look a bit nervous about making a mistake.

I think it's both - he's not nearly good enough, and he's terribly isolated. I'd love to hear an honest interview with him as to how he thinks it's going so far, but of course football doesn't do that.

If Warburton and his so-called coaching team actually coached a system that got players arond him like normal football teams, would he flourish? Sadly, by my premises, still not! Tonight, for me, he found so many ways not to get into the right space, make a lunge, meet ball with head or get on the end of things, it was embarrassing to watch. I just don't see a single clear strength to his game right now. If it's true that BOS and Ilias are wary of passing to him, you have to say the best players in the team have a point - it's a bit like rough justice of the school playground! Dropping him and/or even sending him out on loan in the NY would, of course, make the 'due diligence' of The Warbler and Sir Lesley look rather indiligent, however, so it's not going to happen.

I would love to see him ram my words down my throat and can imagine he might manage three or four more of his cannonball penalties, but if he gets more than five or six more from open play this season, I'll be astonished.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:26]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Dykes on 23:38 - Dec 15 with 2057 viewslightwaterhoop

Lets be honest Dykes is a rugby player who is just trying to bluff his way into football because thats where the money and fame Its that simple.
Dykes on 00:02 - Dec 16 with 2034 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 23:25 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

I think it's both - he's not nearly good enough, and he's terribly isolated. I'd love to hear an honest interview with him as to how he thinks it's going so far, but of course football doesn't do that.

If Warburton and his so-called coaching team actually coached a system that got players arond him like normal football teams, would he flourish? Sadly, by my premises, still not! Tonight, for me, he found so many ways not to get into the right space, make a lunge, meet ball with head or get on the end of things, it was embarrassing to watch. I just don't see a single clear strength to his game right now. If it's true that BOS and Ilias are wary of passing to him, you have to say the best players in the team have a point - it's a bit like rough justice of the school playground! Dropping him and/or even sending him out on loan in the NY would, of course, make the 'due diligence' of The Warbler and Sir Lesley look rather indiligent, however, so it's not going to happen.

I would love to see him ram my words down my throat and can imagine he might manage three or four more of his cannonball penalties, but if he gets more than five or six more from open play this season, I'll be astonished.

Seriously, if BOS has played how many games for us, and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many good crosses he has made, this playground nonsense about not rating or liking him so not passing to him, ffs, Chair is improving but he tends to play head down and dribbles, how many first time passes does he make, have people actually watched the idiosyncrasies of BOS and Chair these last two seasons and not seen this?!
Dykes on 01:05 - Dec 16 with 1981 viewsjohncharles

Dykes on 14:57 - Nov 7 by karl

Its a pity we can't play ourselves then

There are many on here who prefer to...play with themselves 😱
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 1:08]

Dykes on 01:10 - Dec 16 with 1974 viewsozexile

Halfway through the second half Barbet takes a quick free kick. 40 m to Dykes at head height and he is our only player in their half. Poor fella.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 5:49]
Dykes on 04:50 - Dec 16 with 1908 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Felt really sorry for him last night. Apart from the first fifteen minutes, we were awful going forwards. How can he be judged when he's getting zero service from the flanks? He was extremely unlucky with the two opportunities he had as they were both deflected out of his path; yes, the first one in particular looks bad but if he's positioned himself correctly and the ball is deflected, it's pretty harsh to criticise him. In contrast, look how many dangerous crosses Stoke put in.

Apart from Dieng, Dickie and Chair, I thought we looked like a relegation team. We were always going to miss a player like Eze, but when your full backs are incapable of crossing the ball, it's extremely dificult for a single target man. Warburton's on the brink - if we lose on Saturday, he's gone.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 4:54]
Dykes on 07:39 - Dec 16 with 1777 viewscorse

So far I havent seen anything that do suggest
he is anything but wasted money.
Dykes on 08:54 - Dec 16 with 1659 viewsTheChef

Dykes on 23:13 - Dec 15 by nix

Even Lee Hendrie pointed that issue out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dykes on 09:09 - Dec 16 with 1639 viewsSydneyRs

"The miss was bad "

Exactly this. It was a great effort by the Stoke defender at full stretch to get just enough of a touch on it to stop Dykes scoring. Anyone that's played in defence will know that its slight little touches like that often prevent strikers getting a decent shot in and save a goal.

Dykes had no time to react, but as usual the social media fools are just looking for chance to have a go in between screaming sack the manager and failing to name a viable alternative. I once saw a better player than Dykes try to anticipate a defender getting a touch on a cross, Gazza in the Euro 96 semi final. That approach didn't work either.
Dykes on 10:10 - Dec 16 with 1580 viewsjoe90

I'd like to see how many good chances Dykes has had in the last five games he's played. I think there some people who are expecting him to score with the very few chances he's getting. I don't think he's an exceptional player, there aren't any in the team, but I think he should be cut some slack. I think there are some fans that just want turgid old-school football, led by a big centre back who can get 'stuck in'. It's been a depressing season and some of the reactionary comments are adding to it, thankfully as fans we don't actually control how we play and who we recruit.
Dykes on 10:20 - Dec 16 with 1566 viewsgazza1

1 - I concur that the defender got a touch last night so made it difficult for Dykes. My view is that he should be getting in front of the defender so he gets there first - he didn't so the defender deflected the ball. He should have scored.

2 - As for whether or not he is good enough, its early but I don't think he is. Works hard, appears to have the right attitude, wins a few headers (not enough for a lad of his height and build), lacks control of the ball frequently and more. For sure he hasn't got enough goals in open play.
Dykes on 10:55 - Dec 16 with 1515 viewstimcocking

Dykes on 23:25 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

Unfortunately, i concur.
Dykes on 11:05 - Dec 16 with 1493 viewsjohncharles

I get the impression that if we had Kylie Minogue in the nude scoring a hat trick it still wouldn’t be good enough for you.

Dykes on 11:14 - Dec 16 with 1474 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes on 21:55 - Dec 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’d like to see how many game he’s played this season including Scotland.

As others have said him and Kelman together might be worth a go but don’t know who’d get dropped from midfield?

I don’t know anything much about Kelman, but he might be a useful foil for him.

Ok Baz

17 Championship (full 90 in 10) missed 2 through Scotland injury.
2 Pre season friendlies
7 Scotland (full 90 in 1)
3 Livingstone (full 90 in all 3)

So that's 29 matches, full 90 in 14 and only once subbed before the hour.

Last season he played a total of 33!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lyndon-dykes/leistungsdaten/spieler/347138
Dykes on 11:39 - Dec 16 with 1438 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I dont think playing one up top suits him.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024