Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale 13:15 - Oct 23 with 19934 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53184/match-preview-shrewsb

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Oct 25 with 1722 viewsseasidedale

Looking at Newby’s goal, the defender on the far side plays him onside when the ball is kicked. the linesman was right in line and he didn’t flag so it’s legit
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Oct 25 with 1624 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 15:50 - Oct 25 by seasidedale

Looking at Newby’s goal, the defender on the far side plays him onside when the ball is kicked. the linesman was right in line and he didn’t flag so it’s legit

Its not about when the balls kicked its when its flicked on to Newby to then run onto hes clearly offside, the defender on the far side is even closer to the halfway line than the defender next to Newby
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Oct 25 with 1591 viewsSaxonDale

Few muddled thoughts from me:

I haven’t seen us too regularly this season (think yesterday was my 3rd game) but I was impressed. I thought we had a clear game plan and hit them on the counter really well.

I think Beesley looks a real find- his link up play yesterday was excellent against two physical centre backs. He reminds me a bit of Murray when we first had him- he’s much more mobile than the last few target men we’ve had and I can’t remember him giving the ball away too many times yesterday. Yes, it’d be nice for him to get a goal but I think it’s a case of sooner rather than later- very excited to see a pairing of him and Humphreys. I think they could be a real handful at this level.

Newby looks another decent find- I think the goal will be a big boost for him and would be hoping he can push on from here. He’s still prone to drifting in and out of games or giving the ball away in daft places but that’s understandable considering the step up.

Corners- obviously we wont be up against the quality of Daniels delivering every week but thought that was where we looked our most vulnerable yesterday. As great a shot stopper as he is, Bazunu lacks the command of his area that Sanchez had and we were lucky to concede just the one yesterday. Bola was beaten a few times yesterday so hopefully he gets up to speed with league football.

I thought Lund was superb. He’s a real asset in the air and really supported the also excellent Keohane in defence. Overall I was really impressed. I think we’ve got more to come and the additions of Baah/Humphrys to the attack will really bring a lot.

BBM deserves huge credit for the squad he’s built on presumably the toughest budget we’ve had for a while. I can’t think of any position where we’re short of either quality or a decent backup and we’re clearly well thought of higher up the footballing pyramid with the signings we’ve been able to bring in. If II was Chief Exec I’d be entering negotiations with BBM over extending his contract.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Oct 25 with 1589 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:46 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

Its not about when the balls kicked its when its flicked on to Newby to then run onto hes clearly offside, the defender on the far side is even closer to the halfway line than the defender next to Newby

I wouldn't say 'clearly'; we're talking an inch or two that could only be proven by a camera dead inline with Newby's big toe!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 1569 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Oct 25 by TVOS1907

I wouldn't say 'clearly'; we're talking an inch or two that could only be proven by a camera dead inline with Newby's big toe!

If as folk say it looks an inch or 2 offside from an angle behind the action its a fair bet its quite a bit more from exactly square on.

If it was given against us as onside its a sure bet we'd say it was "clearly" offside.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 17:22 - Oct 25 with 1545 viewsJames1980

I'm sure plenty of incorrect decisions will go against us. Let's just appreciate having a little bit of luck.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 17:27 - Oct 25 with 1535 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 17:11 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

If as folk say it looks an inch or 2 offside from an angle behind the action its a fair bet its quite a bit more from exactly square on.

If it was given against us as onside its a sure bet we'd say it was "clearly" offside.

A point I made earlier.

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 19:42 - Oct 26 with 1181 viewsDaleiLama

We would have had 2 fewer points, but actually only been one place lower in the table had this gone in. Still the high point of the game for me, despite the two good goals we scored.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 21:23 - Oct 26 with 1042 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Oct 25 by TVOS1907

And not 1 Shrewsbury player appeals for offside - at full speed and without the benefit of VAR the assistant has an impossible job to be 100% sure when it is so close.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 21:53 - Oct 26 with 1005 viewsEllDale

I was going to make the same point - the Shrewsbury players just looked at each other and got ready for the restart.
Was it mentioned on the iFollow commentary that Newby looked offside?
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 08:22 - Oct 27 with 895 viewsVivaDonaldo

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 21:53 - Oct 26 by EllDale

I was going to make the same point - the Shrewsbury players just looked at each other and got ready for the restart.
Was it mentioned on the iFollow commentary that Newby looked offside?

It was mentioned straight away.

Difficult call though in full flow was people have said. Assistant will be looking at the challenge in the air to see who the ball comes off before checking his line. They'll tend to err on the side of caution at our level.
Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:28 - Oct 27 with 834 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 08:22 - Oct 27 by VivaDonaldo

It was mentioned straight away.

Difficult call though in full flow was people have said. Assistant will be looking at the challenge in the air to see who the ball comes off before checking his line. They'll tend to err on the side of caution at our level.

It wasn't mentioned straight away, but was referred to in the banter surrounding the confusion over Beesley or Newby having scored.

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 09:51 - Oct 27 with 803 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Shrewsbury vs Rochdale on 19:42 - Oct 26 by DaleiLama

We would have had 2 fewer points, but actually only been one place lower in the table had this gone in. Still the high point of the game for me, despite the two good goals we scored.

Well that save just gets better and better the more you watch it!

Went a long way to earning us the additional 2 points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024