Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread 18:53 - Oct 9 with 5751 viewsNotLoyal

Sunday 11th October 2020
2pm
Aviva Stadium
Dublin

Ireland v Wales, two countries with so much in common, so whats the relevance of this fixture ? Irish folk will be hoping for a win as they are slowly losing the right to play in next years Euro Championships. Wales manager Ryan Giggs on the other hand has already seen his side qualify for those championships over an exciting last few games of qualification. But of course what is this Irish thing we all know about.

However ...

Here's one - More Irish people are living abroad than there are in Ireland. There are 80 million Irish people outside of Ireland and only around 6 million in Ireland. But at this point we have to pause, apparently most of the USA think they are Irish, but out of the 17 million who think they are, only 9 of them are actually Irish. If we apply the qualification rules for playing for Ireland at football to this principle, nobody in the USA is Irish. In fact the truth is the USA would owe Ireland 78 million people as of today if this principle was applied . Its a conundrum which now solved is fact. I'm happy to help.

Many musicians in the USA also believe they are Irish, the Boston based ( clue ) band Dropkick Murphys sing about Ireland a lot, however none of them have ever been to Ireland and in fact they are more reservation Indian than Irish. Not a lot of people know that but now you do, make your own mind up. On the other hand if you apply the fact that most American Irish have great, great, great, great, great grandparents who came from Ireland the whole population of the states are Irish bar one bloke who lives in Greenwich village, New York who is actually American. When last asked he thought he was Italian but didn't know where Italy was.

Dropkick Murphys yesterday. Honestly, get a country.

Strangely enough most real Irish people in Ireland call themselves Republicans, but not like USA Republicans, more like Republicans who aren't Americans. At this point it becomes complicated, but suffice to say that's a fact as well. In Wales supporters of Plaid would call themselves Welsh nationalists but not like British nationalists who are different entirely, it continues to get confusing because Scottish nationalists are independent seeking people the same as Irish republicans. However they are not republicans. They are nationalists. Politically its a quandary.

Wales is a great place full of Welsh people from Ton Pentre and Carmarthen, however most live in Aberaeron and Whitland. The Welsh government all live in Cardiff in a large building like Antifa did in Washington a few months ago. They make rules up that primarily suit people who live in the Lekwith area of the city, nobody knows why, and many areas of Wales are not sure if any of these political people actually exist or are cardboard characters with strange tendencies. Either way there's another place there called Ely where swamp people live. In Lekwith lives a man called Anus who writes fictional books on fighting, he follows England and eats kebabs. When England scored their third goal on Thursday night he mobbed up with his next door neighbour and gassed himself in the face. He lay on the floor until a SWAT team from Belgium appeared and tucked him up in bed with a hot drink, they still have his English passport.

Pre Match build up here.
Ireland v Wales PRE MATCH by SwansIndependent 11 Oct 2020 9:05
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/53084/ireland-v-wales-pre-match

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

More to follow.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 9:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 1071 viewspikeypaul

Eire disgusting dirty team,but we knew that after the way they went after Joey.

At least that terrorist supporting piece of scum McClean was sent for an early shower.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 1095 viewsjasper_T

Giggs out.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 1094 viewstrampie

I would have taken 0-0 before a ball was kicked, as it turned out not many Wales players had a good game, most were poor in my book, although I thought Rodon did well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Oct 11 with 1084 viewsSwanjaxs

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

Eire disgusting dirty team,but we knew that after the way they went after Joey.

At least that terrorist supporting piece of scum McClean was sent for an early shower.

OUT

AFLI

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Oct 11 with 1057 viewsCountyJim

Well that's 2 hours of my life i will never get back Dreadful game
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:06 - Oct 11 with 1028 viewstrampie

Wales didn't do enough to deserve to win, Kieffer Moore's touch was terrible, I didn't think either of our full backs played well, I thought H.Wilson was poor, Morrell and Smith were ok but they are not our creative players, Dan James didn't do much, Ramsey was no more than ok, Hennessy had nothing to do, Ampadu and Rodon done ok apart from one phase of play where two Irish attackers were free on our penalty spot.

Today's game away to Ireland and our next game away to Bulgaria in a few days time I would have taken a draw in both matches, so can't be too disappointed with the result, but I'm not over impressed with the performance.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Oct 11 with 962 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:06 - Oct 11 by trampie

Wales didn't do enough to deserve to win, Kieffer Moore's touch was terrible, I didn't think either of our full backs played well, I thought H.Wilson was poor, Morrell and Smith were ok but they are not our creative players, Dan James didn't do much, Ramsey was no more than ok, Hennessy had nothing to do, Ampadu and Rodon done ok apart from one phase of play where two Irish attackers were free on our penalty spot.

Today's game away to Ireland and our next game away to Bulgaria in a few days time I would have taken a draw in both matches, so can't be too disappointed with the result, but I'm not over impressed with the performance.

Wales are risk averse and declined chances to put the ball in the 6 yard box. Full back charge up the field then move backwards to avoid overlapping. Passing is slapdash even for Brookes.

Hennessy alway threatens to delivery a fast ball for James to run onto but declines every time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:47 - Oct 11 with 948 viewstrampie

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Oct 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales are risk averse and declined chances to put the ball in the 6 yard box. Full back charge up the field then move backwards to avoid overlapping. Passing is slapdash even for Brookes.

Hennessy alway threatens to delivery a fast ball for James to run onto but declines every time.

Yes you right and it's been like that this whole campaign, similar to the Swans actually, both successful at this stage, not sure what a paying crowd would think mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 11 with 923 viewsbuilthjack

Bale, although he has been poor for us recently, makes others play better when he is on the pitch

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Oct 11 with 894 viewstrampie

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Bale, although he has been poor for us recently, makes others play better when he is on the pitch

Yes that's true and he worries defenders as well even attracting two defenders to him leaving space elsewhere.

Moore is apparently out of the next game, I wonder who Wales will replace him with.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Oct 11 with 881 viewsFireboy2

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Oct 11 by trampie

Yes that's true and he worries defenders as well even attracting two defenders to him leaving space elsewhere.

Moore is apparently out of the next game, I wonder who Wales will replace him with.

A six foot fence panel as it has a better first touch and doesnt give away half the fouls that moore does.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:18]
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Oct 11 with 862 viewstrampie

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

A six foot fence panel as it has a better first touch and doesnt give away half the fouls that moore does.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:18]

Indeed, is Vokes still available ?, would Doidge be any worse I wonder ? could T.Roberts do a job ?, I wonder what Wales will do out in Bulgaria with Moore apparently suspended.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Oct 11 with 845 viewsFireboy2

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Oct 11 by trampie

Indeed, is Vokes still available ?, would Doidge be any worse I wonder ? could T.Roberts do a job ?, I wonder what Wales will do out in Bulgaria with Moore apparently suspended.

Dont know about doidge and vokes but I'd start with roberts, yes he isnt as physical as moore but hes more mobile, has a far better first touch and doesnt give away as many fouls as moore, hes even better than the six foot fence panel, that can go on the bench and get splinters in its @rse.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Oct 11 with 839 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Oct 11 by trampie

Wales s leading scorer for players actually born outside Wales. He has more movement than more and did well for Colemen who were much better on the counterattack than Giggs s teams who actually have more natural pace.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:38 - Oct 11 with 837 viewsonehunglow

If all football games were like that dross,nobody would ever pay for entrance ever again.

Playing it round at the back 10 mins to go against 10 men..

Wish I had some fence painting to do myself

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Oct 11 with 813 viewstrampie

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:34 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

Dont know about doidge and vokes but I'd start with roberts, yes he isnt as physical as moore but hes more mobile, has a far better first touch and doesnt give away as many fouls as moore, hes even better than the six foot fence panel, that can go on the bench and get splinters in its @rse.

I think he will play T.Roberts out in Bulgaria myself.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Oct 11 with 802 viewstheloneranger

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Oct 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales s leading scorer for players actually born outside Wales. He has more movement than more and did well for Colemen who were much better on the counterattack than Giggs s teams who actually have more natural pace.

It's not Vokes, Robert Earnshaw born in Zambia, has that record!!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:59]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Oct 11 with 782 viewsGroo

The BBC following on from their "Inexperienced England beat Wales". I see todays headline is "Wales held by 10 man Republic of Ireland".

Groo does what Groo does best

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Oct 11 with 766 viewsjasper_T

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Oct 11 by Groo

The BBC following on from their "Inexperienced England beat Wales". I see todays headline is "Wales held by 10 man Republic of Ireland".

More accurate would have been "10 man Rep. of Ireland unlucky not to beat Wales".
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 18:33 - Oct 11 with 735 viewstrampie

Oh Finland winning by a few goals now, we might have to beat Bulgaria out there now, I was hoping that come the last game at home to Finland that a draw would be good enough to top the group, if we don't beat Bulgaria out there and Finland keep on winning we might have to beat them in Cardiff.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 19:03 - Oct 11 with 700 viewsNotLoyal

Nobody will ever get those hours back.

OK I've changed it.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 19:12 - Oct 11 with 692 viewsNotLoyal

On another point I like the yellow top.

OK I've changed it.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Oct 11 with 667 viewsmajorraglan

Forgot the match was on and just caught the 4 mins f injury time on S4C. Commentators and post match analysers said it was a very poor performance by Wales.

We’ve not been playing well for a while. We’ve been picking up points in tournament matches but we need to sort it out. Let’s hope we can get a decent result in Bulgaria.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Oct 11 with 642 viewsHighjack

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Oct 11 by trampie

That’s the one big positive. Moore suspended.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Oct 11 with 639 viewsKilkennyjack

Put simply, Harry Wilson and Smith are not worth a start shirt.

Ampadu in centre mid for Smith.
Matondo as a winger for Wilson.
Brooks for Dan, i think.... ?

And Moore needed to be hooked after 45 for Tyler Roberts.

It was game Wales could have won without Joey and Bale - and would have won with them.
One huge effort and we are looking good.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024