Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood 17:35 - Oct 1 with 23276 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53012/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 3856 viewsjpresto

When they scored I was going to write how did we not win that but so pleased we stuck it out to the end.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 3838 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:14 - Oct 3 by blackdogblue

To be honest, we had a great deal of success on the left when Done & Magic toe’s Rose we’re left back & winger and then swapped positions, Done for me has always had pace & speed, although it was in bursts as he always looks knackered.. I think the issue last season was all his running about was for nothing...

Here’s a question though...

Is he in the right position again, lb or left wing? As much as love him or not, Joe Bunney found going to the left improved his game rather than being a striker...

Does anyone think this could be an option for the two of them? (Rose is too old now)

Great spirit & win... Up the Dale

I don't mind Done at left back he's done very well the last couple of games. He's great going forward from there but he does lack in defensive qualities what he does give you is effort and a good work ethic. Longer term I still think we need another left back and I'd like to see Done up top alongside Beasley or Humphrys think you'd see a different player than when he's been up there on his own more recently.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:38 - Oct 3 with 3763 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:14 - Oct 3 by blackdogblue

To be honest, we had a great deal of success on the left when Done & Magic toe’s Rose we’re left back & winger and then swapped positions, Done for me has always had pace & speed, although it was in bursts as he always looks knackered.. I think the issue last season was all his running about was for nothing...

Here’s a question though...

Is he in the right position again, lb or left wing? As much as love him or not, Joe Bunney found going to the left improved his game rather than being a striker...

Does anyone think this could be an option for the two of them? (Rose is too old now)

Great spirit & win... Up the Dale

I think we should play him left wing, he has the ability to put a decent cross in and now we have something in the box (especially when Humphrys comes back) he can aim for. He may not have the pace but has some quality. If we get a decent left back, like someone said it could be back to the good old days, and very fruitful.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:39 - Oct 3 with 3752 viewsdalelee

Great performance, really enjoyed watching it today.

Lund was outstanding, some class touches. Our midfielders won a lot of 2nd balls, looked really sharp. I thought our lack of options from the bench was going to cost us. Fleetwood were able to bring on players who influenced an improvement, then up steps our super sub.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 18:44 - Oct 3 with 3704 views49thseason

Done spent the first half collecting the ball, turning bqck towards his own goal and slowing down attacks and preventing forward progress . He was better in the second half when he started to move down the wing with the ball with something like the pace I though he had lost. Thought Beesley did well and a front three of Beesley, Humphrys and Newby will cause problems especially with the raw pace of Tavares and Baah to come into the fray later on.
Lund looks like a six month break from football has done him a world of good, maybe his body has appreciated the rest, he looks revitalised.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 3425 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 20:14 - Oct 3 with 3318 viewsScunnydale

Lund and Done named in the Team of the Week. It really does seem like we're finding a new identity, especially with Beesley and Humphrys up front.

Delighted for Tavares. There seems to be a player in there, hopefully this can give him a bit more confidence.

Barton was bemoaning the lack of signings... again.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 20:26 - Oct 3 with 3267 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 17:00 - Oct 3 by DaleiLama

Really enjoyed my first ifollow experience. Had a bit of motion sickness getting used to the fast panning on the camera at times but will certainly be doing that again. The late Hendo (I think) equaliser we got at their place 3 or 4 seasons ago was wonderful but that late winner was better. No animosity towards Camps at all for doing what he did but would pay more than a penny for his thoughts at FT.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 17:02]

No hard feelings towards Camps at all. We didn't offer him a contract and he was free to find a club. He turned down a bid from Peterborough last January and that makes him a hero for me.

As commentators said today when Camps shot went so far out it was almost a throw in......Agent Camps. He has started well for them but needed to cut us some slack today and our midfield were awesome
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 20:35 - Oct 3 with 3225 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 20:14 - Oct 3 by Scunnydale

Lund and Done named in the Team of the Week. It really does seem like we're finding a new identity, especially with Beesley and Humphrys up front.

Delighted for Tavares. There seems to be a player in there, hopefully this can give him a bit more confidence.

Would have loved to have heard him try and moan to BBM 😂. We're probably one of the lowest in the league in terms of signings in the window.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 21:56 - Oct 3 with 2954 viewsEllDale

First of all congratulations to Jay Lynch and his partner.
It’s a game of fine margins isn’t it?
If O’Connell hadn’t hoofed the ball off the line in the final minutes of normal we would have been crying in our beer instead of celebrating.
But look at the positives.
We really looked a L1 team today despite the absence of Humphrys, Ryan and McLaughlin.
Lund was majestic, Keohane and Done sharp at fullback and Beesley and Newby look dangerous. McLaughlin would struggle to get back in if Keohane continues to show this form.
Are we finally emerging from the shadow of a bloke at Salford? Don’t think we missed him this afternoon.
Plaudits too to BBM for setting the team up like that and finalising a neat game plan.
There weren’t the usual theatricals etc from Fleetwood this afternoon either which is just as well with such a weak referee.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 22:03 - Oct 3 with 2930 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 21:56 - Oct 3 by EllDale

First of all congratulations to Jay Lynch and his partner.
It’s a game of fine margins isn’t it?
If O’Connell hadn’t hoofed the ball off the line in the final minutes of normal we would have been crying in our beer instead of celebrating.
But look at the positives.
We really looked a L1 team today despite the absence of Humphrys, Ryan and McLaughlin.
Lund was majestic, Keohane and Done sharp at fullback and Beesley and Newby look dangerous. McLaughlin would struggle to get back in if Keohane continues to show this form.
Are we finally emerging from the shadow of a bloke at Salford? Don’t think we missed him this afternoon.
Plaudits too to BBM for setting the team up like that and finalising a neat game plan.
There weren’t the usual theatricals etc from Fleetwood this afternoon either which is just as well with such a weak referee.

Good point about Henderson. He wouldn’t have contributed in the same way Beesley was able to today. Different sorts of players obviously.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 22:10 - Oct 3 with 2910 viewsfinberty

Well done all. Very proud.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 22:24 - Oct 3 with 2864 viewsJames1980

WE WON WOOOOO HOOOOO

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 23:18 - Oct 3 with 2725 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 22:03 - Oct 3 by 442Dale

Good point about Henderson. He wouldn’t have contributed in the same way Beesley was able to today. Different sorts of players obviously.

There is a definite stronger "team" feel now with a proper type of captain too seems to help,with the spotlight shed across a team rather than on one man all the time, we had become far too reliant on one player and the team certainly seemed to suffer.

A massive well done must go to BBM for stringing together a very competitive team, and lovely to hear an honest assessment too every interview,nice to see a manager willing to mix things up a bit too when something's obviously not quite working out.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 23:56 - Oct 3 with 2624 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 23:18 - Oct 3 by nordenblue

There is a definite stronger "team" feel now with a proper type of captain too seems to help,with the spotlight shed across a team rather than on one man all the time, we had become far too reliant on one player and the team certainly seemed to suffer.

A massive well done must go to BBM for stringing together a very competitive team, and lovely to hear an honest assessment too every interview,nice to see a manager willing to mix things up a bit too when something's obviously not quite working out.

Agree with that. Perhaps behind the scenes, BBM played a bigger role than we might've realised in Hendo's departure. He's clearly got a vision for how he wants to go about building a side and that the team spirit needed reinforcing first and foremost. He couldn't take the captaincy off Hendo without that in itself becoming a problem and O'Connell is a natural for the role

We're looking to the future now with a better balance of youthful energy and experience, and i feel there's more to come with the right additions to the squad. Furthermore, and despite the idiocies espoused on social media, he's clearly backed by the board to succeed within our financial framework

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 07:07 - Oct 4 with 2422 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 23:56 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Agree with that. Perhaps behind the scenes, BBM played a bigger role than we might've realised in Hendo's departure. He's clearly got a vision for how he wants to go about building a side and that the team spirit needed reinforcing first and foremost. He couldn't take the captaincy off Hendo without that in itself becoming a problem and O'Connell is a natural for the role

We're looking to the future now with a better balance of youthful energy and experience, and i feel there's more to come with the right additions to the squad. Furthermore, and despite the idiocies espoused on social media, he's clearly backed by the board to succeed within our financial framework

I wondered if he was trying to make a subtle point to the board, what with only having 6 on the bench and not making any substitutions until long after it was obvious we needed some....?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 7:12]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 07:37 - Oct 4 with 2372 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 20:14 - Oct 3 by Scunnydale

Just noticed if he hadn't scored, a draw would have put us rock bottom. Were still only 17th & the table might not mean much at this stage of the season, but mentally will seem like a world of difference & will give our players a boost for the next game. Big difference between bottom & 17th to BBM in terms of pressure too, & dare I say it the tone of this message board!! Big goal by Tavares for many reasons
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 7:39]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 08:58 - Oct 4 with 2215 viewsDaleiLama

One of our largely unheralded players from yesterday was Ollie. Was thinking about the comms reference to him as a "ferreter" or something of that ilk. His non-stop chasing and disruptive contributions, mainly in midfield but all over the pitch, made a real difference to Fleetwood's inability to settle or get into any kind of rhythm for most of the game. He was by no means on his own, but he stood out for me in this respect.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 9:02]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 10:08 - Oct 4 with 2051 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 07:07 - Oct 4 by richfoad32

I wondered if he was trying to make a subtle point to the board, what with only having 6 on the bench and not making any substitutions until long after it was obvious we needed some....?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 7:12]

I doubt it, since he's already indicated that further signings/loans are expected, when the right player(s) become available within the previously agreed financial framework. If he wasn't happy with that framework, he has regular meetings with his employers to voice those concerns

And if that was his message, one could say it rather backfired
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 10:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 10:11 - Oct 4 with 2036 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 23:18 - Oct 3 by nordenblue

Noticed O'Connell having quiet words with several players - much more proactive captaincy than previously.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 10:21 - Oct 4 with 1981 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 08:58 - Oct 4 by DaleiLama

One of our largely unheralded players from yesterday was Ollie. Was thinking about the comms reference to him as a "ferreter" or something of that ilk. His non-stop chasing and disruptive contributions, mainly in midfield but all over the pitch, made a real difference to Fleetwood's inability to settle or get into any kind of rhythm for most of the game. He was by no means on his own, but he stood out for me in this respect.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 9:02]

And now I've just had a text saying he's off to Blackburn for £400k. Hope it's old news?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 11:32 - Oct 4 with 1837 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 10:21 - Oct 4 by DaleiLama

And now I've just had a text saying he's off to Blackburn for £400k. Hope it's old news?

1 400 000 would be closer to Ollies true worth

Our midfield was superb yesterday Lund played like a man possessed.

Can’t wait to see Our new look front line when we get Humphrys back!

Humphrys Beesley and Newby up top will cause plenty of problems for opposition.

Well done to the Dale..... a magnificent 3 points.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 11:36]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 1549 viewsboromat

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/watch-tavarespostfleetwood/

Great interview from Tavares. Shorter version on YouTube I believe. He speaks well and is obviously delighted.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 1417 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 10:11 - Oct 4 by tony_roch975

Noticed O'Connell having quiet words with several players - much more proactive captaincy than previously.

Hendo was 'captain-like' when calling the other players over to congratulate the goalscorer:

https://www.skysports.com/football/stevenage-vs-salford-city/report/430303

A good result yesterday. BBM does seem to have got the team working together. I wonder why he didn't give Kacper M. the last place on the bench, to encourage him and the other young players.

Accy on Saturday should be lively. Dale need to show the form of the last six league meetings - all won, but by the odd goal (four 2-1, two 1-0).
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 1347 viewsleedsdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Fleetwood on 15:46 - Oct 4 by D_Dale

Hendo was 'captain-like' when calling the other players over to congratulate the goalscorer:

https://www.skysports.com/football/stevenage-vs-salford-city/report/430303

A good result yesterday. BBM does seem to have got the team working together. I wonder why he didn't give Kacper M. the last place on the bench, to encourage him and the other young players.

Accy on Saturday should be lively. Dale need to show the form of the last six league meetings - all won, but by the odd goal (four 2-1, two 1-0).

I had wondered the same about another youth player being on the bench, but the youth team played yesterday morning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024