Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shifting Hatred 12:53 - Jan 9 with 6822 viewsBlueMessiah

I spent the early years (80s) of my Dale supporting career hating Stockport and the BIFFOs then a bit later Burnley in the late 80s/early 90s. Stockport and Burnley then both drifted in different directions to be replaced by the Buckets in my prime hatee list, though I still dislike both.

I never gave a shit about Bolton even when they joined us in Division 4 for a brief spell. I can now safely say I hate Bolton more than any other club. It's obviously impossible to hate the Buckets now and I'll always hate the BIFFOs but Bolton's last 6 months has really done it for me. The self-entitlement that permeates throughout the club, the cheating, the way they've been let off the hook by the incompetent EFL, the Billy big bollocks attitude (even though the tin-pottery at their away turnstiles earlier this season was hilarious) and the whole infuriating Radio Bolton farce just makes me detest them like no other. Nothing to do with locality or the fact that one of our ex-managers is at the helm (although his contradictory bollocks - which he has always had a penchant for - clearly doesn't help).

I also hate Salford City more than the BIFFOs now, but that needs no explanation. I have always hated Birmingham City but have no idea why.

Anyone else finding their hatreds shifting?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 12:55]

Poll: Do I Know You?

Shifting Hatred on 09:26 - Jan 10 with 1509 viewsdingdangblue

Shifting Hatred on 08:55 - Jan 10 by Ancoats_Blue

Notts County’s overspending definitely meant they built a squad to go up that season they otherwise wouldn’t have. That meant one extra promotion challenger in the mix. I don’t think Dale finishing 3rd not 2nd or 1st can be put down to solely Notts and Munto though. Our lead was something silly like 14 points at one stage. We should never have been caught. Can only really blame players and management for that.

That game down at Meadow Lane was a depressing event though. I remember it well. Bloody loads of us there and that murdering fecker dancing in front of us after he scored. Ugh.

Yes we were miles ahead ( 18 points ahead of Notts at one stage) although County had around 5 games in hand due to postponements and an FA Cup run. Problem was they won them all! Think their last 16 games of the season saw something like 14 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Obviously this coincided with us winning 1 of our last 9 games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shifting Hatred on 09:32 - Jan 10 with 1493 viewsAtThePeake

Shifting Hatred on 08:55 - Jan 10 by Ancoats_Blue

Notts County’s overspending definitely meant they built a squad to go up that season they otherwise wouldn’t have. That meant one extra promotion challenger in the mix. I don’t think Dale finishing 3rd not 2nd or 1st can be put down to solely Notts and Munto though. Our lead was something silly like 14 points at one stage. We should never have been caught. Can only really blame players and management for that.

That game down at Meadow Lane was a depressing event though. I remember it well. Bloody loads of us there and that murdering fecker dancing in front of us after he scored. Ugh.

Not that I agreed with it at the time, or even now, but the reason we dropped off towards the end of that season was not due to a shift in mentality or anything like that.

Hill decided we would need a different approach in the league above and with promotion already all but sewn up he decided to shift to the 4-3-3 with a holding midfielder that we would see in League One the season after. He basically used the final 7 or 8 games from that season as an extended pre-season to get the team used to playing in that system and get them ready for the step-up. BBM would come in and play as that holding midfielder and in the end we had a great first season in the league above. I can understand why Hill made that decision and it paid off to some extent, but we still should have sewn up the title that season.

Tangled up in blue.

Shifting Hatred on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 1442 viewsParkinsGimp

I think OP uses the word "hatred" not too literally, but I have a severe dislike of many clubs , usually down to the attitude or behaviour of their fans or maybe their financial irregularities or the berty big balls mentality . I have a large list, I must be a dark person LOL , start with Livarpool, the whole scouse thing to me , they aint funny if they cant laugh at themselves. , Tranmere, soft little tools from across the water, , bURY, Notlob, Stockport, and Notts Cheaty for obvious reasons. Biffos due to their fans. Burnley ( just detest them but most of my mates are burnley fans so have to mellow a bit) , Luton & Millw"nk ( bully fans ) . Hated player/manager has to be Paul Ince( useless as a manager)
I used to like playing Halifax and hope they make it back . I am glad bURY have gone it was justice , I now pray for Biffos and Notlob to get relegated to put them where they genuinely belong. I wasnt too enamoured with Newcastle fans last weekend , bit of a bertie going on there . Used to dislike Leeds but they behaved well when we beat them and accepted they had been beaten by the better team on the day.
Shifting Hatred on 11:16 - Jan 10 with 1427 viewsDareToCalvin

Similar to other posters, I don't hate any clubs as I'm not a person to hate anything but I do have a very strong dislike to United, Oldham and MK Dons, as well as clubs who are bankrolled. Clubs like Salford, Fylde and Fleetwood. Don't know why but it really annoys me, almost feels like it's cheating. Again, similarly to other posters, Bolton have really wound me up this past year or so as well, partly due to the EFL and partly due to the attitude of their fans.
Shifting Hatred on 13:23 - Jan 10 with 1351 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shifting Hatred on 11:16 - Jan 10 by DareToCalvin

Similar to other posters, I don't hate any clubs as I'm not a person to hate anything but I do have a very strong dislike to United, Oldham and MK Dons, as well as clubs who are bankrolled. Clubs like Salford, Fylde and Fleetwood. Don't know why but it really annoys me, almost feels like it's cheating. Again, similarly to other posters, Bolton have really wound me up this past year or so as well, partly due to the EFL and partly due to the attitude of their fans.

And the manager?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Shifting Hatred on 15:25 - Jan 10 with 1307 viewsBlueMessiah

Shifting Hatred on 11:00 - Jan 10 by ParkinsGimp

I think OP uses the word "hatred" not too literally, but I have a severe dislike of many clubs , usually down to the attitude or behaviour of their fans or maybe their financial irregularities or the berty big balls mentality . I have a large list, I must be a dark person LOL , start with Livarpool, the whole scouse thing to me , they aint funny if they cant laugh at themselves. , Tranmere, soft little tools from across the water, , bURY, Notlob, Stockport, and Notts Cheaty for obvious reasons. Biffos due to their fans. Burnley ( just detest them but most of my mates are burnley fans so have to mellow a bit) , Luton & Millw"nk ( bully fans ) . Hated player/manager has to be Paul Ince( useless as a manager)
I used to like playing Halifax and hope they make it back . I am glad bURY have gone it was justice , I now pray for Biffos and Notlob to get relegated to put them where they genuinely belong. I wasnt too enamoured with Newcastle fans last weekend , bit of a bertie going on there . Used to dislike Leeds but they behaved well when we beat them and accepted they had been beaten by the better team on the day.

You're right PG, not a hateful bone in my body but you know what I mean.

Anyroad, how come you've omitted everyone who has ever played for or managed the Dale .....ever.....off your list?? 😂😂

Poll: Do I Know You?

Shifting Hatred on 18:03 - Jan 10 with 1242 viewstodmordendale

Liverpool and Man Utd are fair game for disliking probably because of envy for their success.
The nearest I get to hating a team was Leeds. I recall first seeing them at Old Trafford in 1964 following their promotion to the old first division.
Their supporters incessant Neanderthal tribal chanting of LEEDS LEEDS was so intimidating and scary. That was transmitted onto the park through the players, Bremner, Charlton, Collins, Giles and all. Intimidating to say the least.
It was hard not to dislike them.
Time eases that dislike, possibly because of their lack of success.
But watching the way they played against Arsenal last week, I quite liked what I was watching.
In fact I hope they now get into the top flight because they would be a welcome attribute.
Shifting .....
Shifting Hatred on 10:32 - Jan 11 with 1127 viewsdalelee

I now dislike the plastic clubs the most, who throw money at 'projects' (a term I hate, and seems to be used all the time by owners and managers these days).

Bolton will always be a bigger club than us. OK they got caught up in the Premier league circus and gambled too much but from our perspective they are not a threat to the balance of power in our region.

Clubs like Salford City who appear from nowhere and can out bid and out spend us. I dislike everything about them. No league tradition, history and bandwagon supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Shifting Hatred on 17:04 - Jan 11 with 1070 viewsjonesy

Shifting Hatred on 18:03 - Jan 10 by todmordendale

Liverpool and Man Utd are fair game for disliking probably because of envy for their success.
The nearest I get to hating a team was Leeds. I recall first seeing them at Old Trafford in 1964 following their promotion to the old first division.
Their supporters incessant Neanderthal tribal chanting of LEEDS LEEDS was so intimidating and scary. That was transmitted onto the park through the players, Bremner, Charlton, Collins, Giles and all. Intimidating to say the least.
It was hard not to dislike them.
Time eases that dislike, possibly because of their lack of success.
But watching the way they played against Arsenal last week, I quite liked what I was watching.
In fact I hope they now get into the top flight because they would be a welcome attribute.
Shifting .....

Used to watch Leeds at Burnley in the same era. Leeds then we’re an awful nasty team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024