Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 21:46 - Feb 13 with 4827 views34dfgdf54

Will get interest in the summer. Looked a different team when he come on.

Potter f*cked up again with Grimes left back, please can that stop. But one big positive was the impact Asoro made. Still just a kid with bundles of talent.
McBurnie on 08:06 - Feb 14 with 954 viewsswans11

I'd rather have seen vdh start upfront than what we tried last night at least give the defenders a bit competition in the air. As for socks with his record he could become one these strikers who is signed to get teams promoted like dwight Gayle scores fun in this league
McBurnie on 08:28 - Feb 14 with 924 viewsSTID2017

McBurnie on 07:53 - Feb 14 by _

Not trying??

When you've got our best midfield player at left back and our right back in right wing and when you have two small wingers cum attacking midfielders up front you're going to be all over the place.

This one, and unfortunately once again, was all down to Potter.

I agree Potter picked the wrong starting 11, didn't change it around when he could see it wasn't working and didn't bring subs on early enough.

However I did feel quite a few players didn't put a shift in until the subs came on.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

McBurnie on 08:43 - Feb 14 with 900 viewsbuilthjack

For those who stayed until the end on Saturday, you will have noticed that after the game as socks was heading for the tunnel, he was bent over a number of times coughing his guts up, and was physically sick. Hence Potter not being able to start him these last 2 games.
With only Baker Richardson, who has yet to pull up any saplings, never mind trees, as centre forward cover, potter is forced to shuffle the team around.
A bit odd playing Grimes at left back, but there we go.
If any blame is to be laid, it has to be at the door of the sell outs and the yanks. They are the ones who have not given potter a fair crack of the whip.
But we all know that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 08:51 - Feb 14 with 889 views_

McBurnie on 08:43 - Feb 14 by builthjack

For those who stayed until the end on Saturday, you will have noticed that after the game as socks was heading for the tunnel, he was bent over a number of times coughing his guts up, and was physically sick. Hence Potter not being able to start him these last 2 games.
With only Baker Richardson, who has yet to pull up any saplings, never mind trees, as centre forward cover, potter is forced to shuffle the team around.
If any blame is to be laid, it has to be at the door of the sell outs and the yanks. They are the ones who have not given potter a fair crack of the whip.
But we all know that.

Absolute nonsense.

Just another cheap shot when it was glaringly obvious as to where our problems lay last night.

Leon and Wyndham both puzzled by the decisions.

They've got to stop, I thought they had.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

McBurnie on 08:58 - Feb 14 with 877 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 08:51 - Feb 14 by _

Absolute nonsense.

Just another cheap shot when it was glaringly obvious as to where our problems lay last night.

Leon and Wyndham both puzzled by the decisions.

They've got to stop, I thought they had.

No cheap shot at all. You just cant help yourself supporting Jenkins and the Yanks.
One day, hopefully, you will see the real picture.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 09:03 - Feb 14 with 866 viewsnantywatcher

McBurnie on 08:43 - Feb 14 by builthjack

But we all know that.

Good sensible post.
All these posters on here who believe they are better equipped than Potter to select our teams make me sick.
McBurnie on 09:05 - Feb 14 with 858 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 09:03 - Feb 14 by nantywatcher

Good sensible post.
All these posters on here who believe they are better equipped than Potter to select our teams make me sick.

But Res is good at Football Manager on the playsation

McBurnie on 09:08 - Feb 14 with 849 viewsLoyal

McBurnie on 08:58 - Feb 14 by builthjack

No cheap shot at all. You just cant help yourself supporting Jenkins and the Yanks.

I have the cnt on ignore, everyone should try it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 09:26 - Feb 14 with 827 views34dfgdf54

Good sensible post.

He couldn't start Oli or CBR, no blame at all can be laid on Potter there, anyone saying they should just "chuck anyone" up there doesn't understand how football works I'm afraid.

I love the work Potter has done here, I believe we have over achieved this season, but the Grimes to left back thing is baffling, I can't even stick up for him with that.
McBurnie on 09:32 - Feb 14 with 817 views_

McBurnie on 08:58 - Feb 14 by builthjack

Jesus wept FFS last night had nothing to do with anything other than baffling team selection.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

McBurnie on 09:33 - Feb 14 with 814 views_

Good sensible post.

Like Leon? Or Wyndham?

McBurnie on 09:34 - Feb 14 with 811 views_

McBurnie on 09:26 - Feb 14 by 34dfgdf54

He couldn't start Oli or CBR, no blame at all can be laid on Potter there, anyone saying they should just "chuck anyone" up there doesn't understand how football works I'm afraid.

I love the work Potter has done here, I believe we have over achieved this season, but the Grimes to left back thing is baffling, I can't even stick up for him with that.

Why couldn't he have started Baker-Richardson?

McBurnie on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 789 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 09:34 - Feb 14 by _

What does he offer?

McBurnie on 09:41 - Feb 14 with 782 viewstrinityann

I watched enough of McBurnie this season and he is not good enough for Premier League. He's slow and not strong enough and missed a lot of guilt edge chances this season. But he is ideal for this division if you create enough chances.

There is nobody in our squad left with Premier League quality, the only one that might make it is possibly Joe Roden. Daniel James is all pace with lack of end product, he reminds me of Dyer at times when they struggle to lift ball in the air when crossing. Connor Roberts is big disappointment for me as season gone on, I was expecting big improvements that I don't see.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 9:42]
McBurnie on 09:51 - Feb 14 with 759 views_

McBurnie on 09:39 - Feb 14 by builthjack

What does he offer?

Had his best game for us against Millwall. He's not the finished article but he's a much better option than no striker. He works hard, chases down and is linking well. If Ollie wasn't 100% he should've played.

McBurnie on 09:59 - Feb 14 with 744 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 09:51 - Feb 14 by _

Had his best game for us against Millwall. He's not the finished article but he's a much better option than no striker. He works hard, chases down and is linking well. If Ollie wasn't 100% he should've played.

He moves around a little, quite slowly, lacks pace, and would have struggled big time last night.
Potter tried something different, with James and Celina. It almost came off in the first half.
VDH should have scored.
B-R would most likely have struggled all night and replaced soon after half time with his confidence shot. Don't forget where he came from. He has yet to impress.

McBurnie on 10:15 - Feb 14 with 725 views_

McBurnie on 09:59 - Feb 14 by builthjack

He moves around a little, quite slowly, lacks pace, and would have struggled big time last night.
Potter tried something different, with James and Celina. It almost came off in the first half.
VDH should have scored.
B-R would most likely have struggled all night and replaced soon after half time with his confidence shot. Don't forget where he came from. He has yet to impress.

All if's, but's and maybe's with regards how Baker-Richardson would've played.

Where there's no if's, but's and maybe's is how we did actually play with him missing, and that was very poor and disjointed, again, after needless rotation.

And as for 'nearly coming off' you're talking about a chance in a game, surely every bloody game the least you'd expect is a chance!!

McBurnie on 10:18 - Feb 14 with 716 views34dfgdf54

He said after the Millwall game he was struggling with niggling injury and Weds could me too much.
McBurnie on 10:19 - Feb 14 with 711 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 10:15 - Feb 14 by _

All if's, but's and maybe's with regards how Baker-Richardson would've played.

Where there's no if's, but's and maybe's is how we did actually play with him missing, and that was very poor and disjointed, again, after needless rotation.

And as for 'nearly coming off' you're talking about a chance in a game, surely every bloody game the least you'd expect is a chance!!

He simply wasn't thought to be good enough to start last night. No if's, but's or maybe's.

McBurnie on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 704 viewsjackal

I don't think he offers us anything at all.

Maybe he'll improve with game time, but.......
McBurnie on 10:33 - Feb 14 with 679 viewsjackal

McBurnie on 07:59 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

There is a cracking foundation for next year with the squad.

A lot will depend on the yanks, I am not holding much hope on the situation.

This.

We've got some very promising youngsters. With some experience brought in we could have something.

All depends if our beloved owners don't sell them on and then invest in the club. The January window showed us what to expect in the summer. F*CK ALL!!!!
McBurnie on 10:36 - Feb 14 with 672 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 23:39 - Feb 13 by _

Personally and this maybe wishful thinking but I think Ollie will want to give next season a proper go here. He had the chance to move on in the Summer and he chose to stay with his mates and enjoy his football.

What we're seeing now from McBurnie isn't new to him, he was doing exactly the same this time last season when on loan in Barnsley. He knows he can score goals in this league and he knows this league is chalk and cheese from the EPL.

So based on what he chose to do end of last season and considering we have tied him down so it will take big, big bucks to prise him away, I think next season will be one him, Roberts, Rodon, Dan, Matty, Celina, John, Asoro (after tonight's display), Jay and Byers will be looking towards Potter and saying show us the ambition, show us
Van Der Hoorn is staying, perhaps Leroy too, or that we'll bring in another physical presence in the team.

Tonight was so frustrating, summed up our season. The best team in the league showed us all the respect in the world and started cagey against us, they thought they would try to play their way into the game instead of bulldozing us like they do other teams.

But we can't afford to keep giving halves of football away. I thought we'd seen the back of Potters pathetic tinkering, but oh no, here it was in bloody full swing again.

When I saw the team I said I don't mind the odd switch here and there and let's see what we'll be like without a striker, but I didn't expect when Connor and
Naughts were on the same pitch that he'd drop our best midfielder back to left back.

I mean what the Fack is that all about. And why so bastard often. He's got a massive hard on for playing Matty at left back and it's bizarre.... Even more so than it's virtually never worked, especially from the start of games. Fair enough when chasing and he goes into some attacking left wing back role but from the start, no chance

Imagine Steve Gerrard was ever shunted out to left back?
Or Iniesta?
Or Lampard??

Potter has let us all down again tonight and he's the one who's got to look the likes of Van Der Hoorn in the eye when he's asking Potter does the club's ambitions match my own? We have thrown away so many needless points this season, it's criminal.

But as this season slips more and more out of our hands I genuinely think we'll be all the wiser and better prepared for next season.

We will need some players though, someone who can win battles on the pitch, sadly lacking tonight, be that at centre half or defensive mid, we'll also need a striker to push Ollie with Richardson pushing them both.

We have a big few months coming up on and off the pitch, so let's hope things can settle down, the Trust can find a solution without the hell of watching our club dragged through the dirt and Potter can stop pissing about and do what he's good at, getting young footballers to play well together.

It's only doom and gloom if you're a glass half empty man. Fill it up.

Agreed on all points, although it may be out of Ollie's hands if he leaves or stays. Depends whether the Americans are going to sell anything that isn't nailed down. But he certainly does seem to like his football here.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:37]
McBurnie on 10:41 - Feb 14 with 665 views_

McBurnie on 10:18 - Feb 14 by 34dfgdf54

He said after the Millwall game he was struggling with niggling injury and Weds could me too much.

I didn't hear that so fair enough. Seems strange he was on the bench though.

McBurnie on 10:43 - Feb 14 with 662 views_

McBurnie on 10:19 - Feb 14 by builthjack

He simply wasn't thought to be good enough to start last night. No if's, but's or maybe's.

Well Risca is saying something else.

McBurnie on 11:05 - Feb 14 with 646 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 10:41 - Feb 14 by _

I didn't hear that so fair enough. Seems strange he was on the bench though.

I didn't hear it in the press conference. All Potter said was that he was shattered when he came off, and they'd keep an eye on him. Nothing about an actual injury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024