Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sh*t it has to be guidolin 01:15 - May 8 with 8397 viewsKingBony

guys, I've had my doubts since he came in but feck me he has to stay doesn't he?

I'd actually feel like sh*t if he's not here next season :( he's deserved it hasn't he?

Yes there have been a few questionable games and subs but surely we can't ignore what he's done can we?

The worst thing is I'm typing this because I believe he's already gone but I'm struggling with that.

He deserves another go doesn't he :(

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:23 - May 8 with 6159 viewsSwanseaTID

Unfortunately I think the damage has been done and he's been told, or if not he has an idea, but I agree and think he's got to stay. For the first time, after this week (including Liverpool), I've been excited about a future with Guidolin and I'd be confident we'd be no where near the bottom 3 next season. The same could be true if we went for Rodgers, but I think he's more of a wildcard option.

Hopefully it's not too late.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:30 - May 8 with 6138 viewsKingBony

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:23 - May 8 by SwanseaTID

Unfortunately I think the damage has been done and he's been told, or if not he has an idea, but I agree and think he's got to stay. For the first time, after this week (including Liverpool), I've been excited about a future with Guidolin and I'd be confident we'd be no where near the bottom 3 next season. The same could be true if we went for Rodgers, but I think he's more of a wildcard option.

There were some pretty crappy games to sit through against the likes of Norwich and Villa but ultimately he's done it!!!

I 'm struggling with the fact he's clearly not going to be with us next season.

His difficulty with the language has been a barrier for him but Christ he deserves a full season.

I'm going to be gutted if its Rodgers tbh if it's over Frankie, and if that''s the case it's got feck all to do with the takeover, which makes it even worse :(

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:37 - May 8 with 6116 viewsSwanseaTID

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:30 - May 8 by KingBony

There were some pretty crappy games to sit through against the likes of Norwich and Villa but ultimately he's done it!!!

His difficulty with the language has been a barrier for him but Christ he deserves a full season.

I'm going to be gutted if its Rodgers tbh if it's over Frankie, and if that''s the case it's got feck all to do with the takeover, which makes it even worse :(

I think you're right, it would kill me to see him at Watford next season which has been widely tipped. If anything I'd like to see him get the Italy gig.

He's turned this season into a half positive one, which alone is an incredible achievement considering how much of a mess it all looked when Monk left.

He has to stay.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:38 - May 8 with 6115 viewsSwanseaTID

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:37 - May 8 by SwanseaTID

I think you're right, it would kill me to see him at Watford next season which has been widely tipped. If anything I'd like to see him get the Italy gig.

He's turned this season into a half positive one, which alone is an incredible achievement considering how much of a mess it all looked when Monk left.

He has to stay.

Forgot to credit Curt in that as well.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:54 - May 8 with 6081 viewsKingBony

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:38 - May 8 by SwanseaTID

Forgot to credit Curt in that as well.

yes mate, frankie and curt have done the business and i'll be devastated if it's not givem a chane to develop

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 02:47 - May 8 with 6029 viewsphact0rri

I agree, I feel like I'm going to be very much on a bit of a negative slant going into next season, if we don't keep Guidolin-- which looks a bit of how its going. More so if they do hire Brendo.

I know how I feel, and it will be a bit of a let down. But I'm still holding out hope they might have a change of heart after today.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 02:55 - May 8 with 6019 viewsDJack

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 02:47 - May 8 by phact0rri

I agree, I feel like I'm going to be very much on a bit of a negative slant going into next season, if we don't keep Guidolin-- which looks a bit of how its going. More so if they do hire Brendo.

I know how I feel, and it will be a bit of a let down. But I'm still holding out hope they might have a change of heart after today.

I've a horrible feeling that we will be disappointed. Our board don't change their minds when they "commit" and I suspect that they had Brodge or another steady (but underwhelming candidate lined up).

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 04:37 - May 8 with 5963 viewsSwansNZ

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 02:55 - May 8 by DJack

I've a horrible feeling that we will be disappointed. Our board don't change their minds when they "commit" and I suspect that they had Brodge or another steady (but underwhelming candidate lined up).

Rodgers or Graeme Jones it is then

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:50 - May 8 with 5837 viewsJesusJack

I hope the board at least has the decency (fat chance) to announce the decision before Sunday if it isn't FG, so we can thank Franky at the last game. It's the least he deserves IMO.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:55 - May 8 with 5818 viewssomersetsimon

Have FG ever actually said openly that he'd like to stay for next season?
If not, then either he doesn't want to, or he knows an alternative has already been chosen.

If board have already considered all the options and made a decision, then surely they would have made an announcement if the decision was to give the job to FG? Why would they wait?
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:04 - May 8 with 5781 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:55 - May 8 by somersetsimon

If not, then either he doesn't want to, or he knows an alternative has already been chosen.

If board have already considered all the options and made a decision, then surely they would have made an announcement if the decision was to give the job to FG? Why would they wait?

He did a couple of weeks ago. Think it was during a post match interview
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:05 - May 8 with 5778 viewsSimonM

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:55 - May 8 by somersetsimon

He openly says he wants to stay here next season in every single pre and post match press conference he's given over the last several weeks. I really hope he is given the chance to show what he can do for a full season with his own squad playing his way!
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:07 - May 8 with 5767 viewsjack247

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:30 - May 8 by KingBony

We were deep in a relegation scrap at that point. The entertainment value was utterly irrelevant. They were 6 of the biggest points this season.

I'm kind of taking comfort in the fact that a lot of us would be underwhelmed with Rodgers. It's not as if he is a bad manager and as much as I want Frankie, if it is between those two, I can live with that.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:08 - May 8 with 5759 viewsDr_Winston

It's a demonstration of just how badly the boards recent actions have f*cked things up when they claim that Guidolin's future will be reviewed at the end of the season.

They could be telling the truth. Almost nobody believes them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:13 - May 8 with 5740 viewsPhaedrus

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:08 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

It's a demonstration of just how badly the boards recent actions have f*cked things up when they claim that Guidolin's future will be reviewed at the end of the season.

I have refrained from attacking the board time and time again. If they don't even consider FG for the post full time then I guess that's the end of my unwavering support.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:30 - May 8 with 5677 viewsjeza739

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:13 - May 8 by Phaedrus

I have refrained from attacking the board time and time again. If they don't even consider FG for the post full time then I guess that's the end of my unwavering support.

Totally agree and concur
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:36 - May 8 with 5652 viewsDr_Winston

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:13 - May 8 by Phaedrus

What if they come out claiming that they did consider him, but ultimately chose to go elsewhere?

Would depend on who they pick. If it's Rodgers then again, nobody will believe them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:42 - May 8 with 5625 viewsPhaedrus

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:36 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

What if they come out claiming that they did consider him, but ultimately chose to go elsewhere?

Would depend on who they pick. If it's Rodgers then again, nobody will believe them.

If they chose to go elsewhere when they have someone clearly suitable for the job already in post then thats worse than not even considering him.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:45 - May 8 with 5604 viewsWhiterockin

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 01:23 - May 8 by SwanseaTID

If Guidolin has been told he is going it looks as if Curt doesn't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36238029

If the board have given verbal assurances to Rodgers, phone him up and tell them the deal is off. He let us down once we can do it to him. Guidolin is too much of a gem to miss out on.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 8:56]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:51 - May 8 with 5566 viewsjeza739

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:45 - May 8 by Whiterockin

If Guidolin has been told he is going it looks as if Curt doesn't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36238029

If the board have given verbal assurances to Rodgers, phone him up and tell them the deal is off. He let us down once we can do it to him. Guidolin is too much of a gem to miss out on.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 8:56]

You could argue he's let us down twice. Once when he went to Liverpool in first place (though upset as I was I had no issues with his decision ) and thankfully the second time when GM left
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 09:22 - May 8 with 5473 viewsclloy2

Couldn't agree more. The Don has more than earned the right to be here next season. Brendan's cv next to FG comes nowhere near. Just think what he might achieve with a close season under his belt, and money to improve the squad. I haven't been so impressed with an away performance since Laudrop's swans destroyed QPR on the opening day back in 2012. Secondly its all about momentum now, we are certainly a team playing with confidence and belief, if the Don stays and builds on that in the summer, then we will carry that momentum on into the new season. Cmon Hubert do the right thing, FG came to rescue us in our hour of need with Curt, when Brendan shied away as not wishing to potentially damage his reputation. That says it all for me.
In Frankie we trust.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 10:11 - May 8 with 5400 viewscostalotta

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:50 - May 8 by JesusJack

I hope the board at least has the decency (fat chance) to announce the decision before Sunday if it isn't FG, so we can thank Franky at the last game. It's the least he deserves IMO.

Good shout!

I really hope they do announce if it's his or not for the reasons said. I doubt they will though.
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 10:18 - May 8 with 5371 viewsWarwickHunt

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 07:50 - May 8 by JesusJack

If the prevailing MO of the board is anything to go by, Guidolin will get a text from Huw at Heathrow after the Citeh game telling him he hasn't got the job.

Or possibly he'll learn about it from one of the spineless lapdog "journalists" in a press release...
Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 10:48 - May 8 with 5316 viewsSwansNZ

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 10:18 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

If the prevailing MO of the board is anything to go by, Guidolin will get a text from Huw at Heathrow after the Citeh game telling him he hasn't got the job.

Or possibly he'll learn about it from one of the spineless lapdog "journalists" in a press release...

Or when he sees a photo of Brendan's teeth holding up a Swans scarf.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 11:01 - May 8 with 5272 viewsmonmouth

Sh*t it has to be guidolin on 08:08 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

That's so true.

All the press stuff hasn't helped. Can't see where that story would have come from unless the seed was planted.

It is possible of course that there are contractual issues in that Guidolin is simply asking for too much money. Especially having seen all the 90k Brodge stuff.

I'm happy to wait and see. It'll sort itself out soon enough. It's all russian roulette with managers anyway. Lose the first two games of next season and it'll all be, 'we should have gone for Rodgers' or 'we should have kept Guido'. Personally I think Guidolin has deserved a shot all told, but not worth getting over exercised about.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024