Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing 13:32 - Jun 9 with 3665 viewskarl

Celtic been given go ahead to have 2600 rail standing/seating section. Hopefully the start of sensible approach through UK?
Probably ready for season 16/17
Safe standing on 13:37 - Jun 9 with 2506 viewsEsgaroth

We don't need a family stand

We need standing. Be the first club in the English league to have the stones to do it and we will add a fair few to the gate numbers if it is priced properly

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Safe standing on 13:41 - Jun 9 with 2485 viewsWatford_Ranger

Far safer than the current situation of standing in seated areas.

There is not one single argument for not having a section of all grounds as standing. Not sure what would be most viable at LR.
Safe standing on 13:44 - Jun 9 with 2464 viewswombat

Safe standing on 13:41 - Jun 9 by Watford_Ranger

There is not one single argument for not having a section of all grounds as standing. Not sure what would be most viable at LR.

be great if it did happen but think my legs are way past being able to stand for 90 odd minutes

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Safe standing on 13:45 - Jun 9 with 2463 viewsWatford_Ranger

Safe standing on 13:44 - Jun 9 by wombat

be great if it did happen but think my legs are way past being able to stand for 90 odd minutes

Agreed. Not saying all the ground should be standing and there will be plenty, maybe a majority, who can't stand or prefer not to. Lower Loft would be ideal I'd have thought.
Safe standing on 13:46 - Jun 9 with 2463 viewskarl

I don't know too much about it but some systems don't increase the capacity of an area, i believe, but there must be others that would allow this? Since European qualification is not high on our list of priorities just now then the ability to meet Uefa seating standards isn't a major restriction at LR either
Safe standing on 13:46 - Jun 9 with 2457 viewsEsgaroth

School end lower would seem to be a good compromise with the paddocks and lower loft inn that order.

Anywhere you put it will pi$$ some people off (just like the family stand does) but it needs to happen and it needs to happen now.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Safe standing on 22:24 - Jun 9 with 2285 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Safe standing on 13:45 - Jun 9 by Watford_Ranger

Agreed. Not saying all the ground should be standing and there will be plenty, maybe a majority, who can't stand or prefer not to. Lower Loft would be ideal I'd have thought.

That'd be wicked, back to how it was when I started going, them were the days....
[Post edited 9 Jun 2015 22:53]
Safe standing on 23:06 - Jun 9 with 2249 viewsDorse

I think we should have an all-pogoing section. No reason.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing on 23:35 - Jun 9 with 2224 viewsHollowayRanger

im in the paddock so i hope it never happens as im very happy as it is ta very much

just learn to sit ,you don't jump up blocking someones view when something exciting happens at the cinema so whys it so hard at footie just needs a handful to stand at the front to force everyone to stand ruining it for those too old to stand and those too short to see which include women and kids

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Safe standing on 00:26 - Jun 10 with 2189 viewsWatford_Ranger

Safe standing on 23:35 - Jun 9 by HollowayRanger

im in the paddock so i hope it never happens as im very happy as it is ta very much

just learn to sit ,you don't jump up blocking someones view when something exciting happens at the cinema so whys it so hard at footie just needs a handful to stand at the front to force everyone to stand ruining it for those too old to stand and those too short to see which include women and kids

You always post the same thing on this issue. No one is proposing getting rid of all the seats. You can be an old fud living in your own world from the comfort of a seat forever.
Safe standing on 07:18 - Jun 10 with 2126 viewstimcocking

Please God let it be so! Watching football live might not be so dull once again...
Safe standing on 08:29 - Jun 10 with 2094 viewskarl

Safe standing on 00:26 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

You always post the same thing on this issue. No one is proposing getting rid of all the seats. You can be an old fud living in your own world from the comfort of a seat forever.

He's not an old fud he's a hypocrite, he says that since he's on the last row in the paddocks he gets to stand throughout the game. Why not everyone else in the paddocks?
Safe standing on 09:41 - Jun 10 with 2047 viewsBluce_Ree

Watch the Liverpool fans in particular treat this as some sort of disrespect to them personally.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Safe standing on 09:58 - Jun 10 with 2032 viewsnadera78

School End Lower would be perfect for several reasons IMO.

Firstly it would allow the Lower Loft to continue as the family stand - it's the only part of the ground where there is the space to have the Kids Zone and the little ones really love it.

Secondly it would increase the capacity by about 600 (SEL currently has 1,100 seats).

Thirdly we could use it only for league games, meaning it could still be used (with seats) for visiting teams in cup games where their allocation has to be higher.

Fourthly by making it season ticket only we can control who goes in there and narrow down on anyone who might spoil it for everyone else.

Finally, it would change the atmosphere at the ground by having an all-singing, all dancing terrace at that end of the stadium.
Safe standing on 10:00 - Jun 10 with 2032 viewsdaveB

I hope it comes back as people seem to want it but from my experience of standing at away games it never improves the atmosphere. At Peterboorugh, Brentford, Chesterfield and others it was always near silence on the terracing
Safe standing on 10:12 - Jun 10 with 2023 viewsWatford_Ranger

Safe standing on 09:41 - Jun 10 by Bluce_Ree

Watch the Liverpool fans in particular treat this as some sort of disrespect to them personally.

Mickey Quinn on Talksport, barely able to string a coherent sentence together but against there being standing in grounds as he's a scouser, as if it was terracing that caused Hillsborough.
Safe standing on 10:17 - Jun 10 with 2015 viewsBluce_Ree

Safe standing on 10:12 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

Mickey Quinn on Talksport, barely able to string a coherent sentence together but against there being standing in grounds as he's a scouser, as if it was terracing that caused Hillsborough.

Exactly.

Any chance to bring it up though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Safe standing on 10:57 - Jun 10 with 1981 viewsdaveB

Safe standing on 10:12 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

If he actually took the time to see what they are proposing he'd change his mind, it's so different to the old terracing in the 80's
Safe standing on 11:12 - Jun 10 with 1963 viewskarl

Safe standing on 10:57 - Jun 10 by daveB

If he actually took the time to see what they are proposing he'd change his mind, it's so different to the old terracing in the 80's

I'm sure they all sit on their seats in the kop very respectfully for the whole game
Safe standing on 11:22 - Jun 10 with 1947 viewsdaveB

Safe standing on 11:12 - Jun 10 by karl

I'm sure they all sit on their seats in the kop very respectfully for the whole game

exactly, it just makes that safer as the seats are locked back rather than something to fall over
Safe standing on 11:30 - Jun 10 with 1932 viewsWeaverQPR

I thought it was one standing space per seat so the capacity wouldn't change?

@WeavQPR

Safe standing on 11:33 - Jun 10 with 1924 viewsbosh67

Clever redesign of Loftus Road on the lower tiers and corners into safe standing would boost the capacity from 18,500 to near 22,000. As much as we will ever need for some time. A new roof design would also help extend seating capacity higher up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Safe standing on 12:42 - Jun 10 with 1876 viewskarl

Bristol City were going to put rail standing in their rebuild, did it ever happen?
Safe standing on 12:47 - Jun 10 with 1870 viewsdaveB

Safe standing on 12:42 - Jun 10 by karl

Bristol City were going to put rail standing in their rebuild, did it ever happen?

I think they did it but they can't use it yet
Safe standing on 12:57 - Jun 10 with 1854 viewsnadera78

Safe standing on 11:30 - Jun 10 by WeaverQPR

I thought it was one standing space per seat so the capacity wouldn't change?

Borussia Dortmund's stadium drops by over 15,000 when they have to use the seats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024