Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press Conference tomorrow apparently 14:41 - Feb 2 with 26727 viewsDarran

According to the text I've just had.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:53 - Feb 2 with 3188 viewsBorojack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:50 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Let's be fair here there is no way that ML was not aware of Emnes when we signed him, we may as well stop pretending he was

Why did he say he knew very little about him then.
Is it normal for the club to sign players the manager knows nothing about

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:59 - Feb 2 with 3129 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:53 - Feb 2 by Borojack

Why did he say he knew very little about him then.
Is it normal for the club to sign players the manager knows nothing about

Emnes was signed with the blessing of the manager - it will be a fact whether we like to admit it or not.

He would have had the option to say no and had he done so the player would not have been signed
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:59 - Feb 2 with 3112 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:52 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Being aware of him and wanting him is very different.

So why didn't he say no then if he didn't want him?
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:59 - Feb 2 with 3111 viewsfbreath

Huw wants rid of Curtis as well so hid the kettle

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:00 - Feb 2 with 3098 viewssammylee3

Laudrup to Paris after yesterday, Rangel sounds like he has gone to Spain for a few days looks like training could resume Tuesday, I wonder what this press conference could be.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:02 - Feb 2 with 3078 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:00 - Feb 2 by sammylee3

Laudrup to Paris after yesterday, Rangel sounds like he has gone to Spain for a few days looks like training could resume Tuesday, I wonder what this press conference could be.

Not Darran never said where the press conference was...
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:03 - Feb 2 with 3055 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:59 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

So why didn't he say no then if he didn't want him?

Did he have a choice?

Again, I stand by what I said, doesn't bother me getting a slating, IF Huw and the board are signings players, then they need to go.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:04 - Feb 2 with 3031 viewsJackfath

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:03 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Did he have a choice?

Again, I stand by what I said, doesn't bother me getting a slating, IF Huw and the board are signings players, then they need to go.

If they do go, I think a board made up of the mods on here could do a job.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:05 - Feb 2 with 3023 viewsblaine_scfc

Did he have a choice?

Players who the manager doesn't want. Wasn't so clear on original post.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:06 - Feb 2 with 2993 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:04 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

If they do go, I think a board made up of the mods on here could do a job.

It would be the footballing equivalent of North Korea if that was to happen.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:07 - Feb 2 with 2965 viewsJackfath

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:06 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

It would be the footballing equivalent of North Korea if that was to happen.

They certainly steady the ship. It wouldn't be a bad thing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:09 - Feb 2 with 2947 viewsPhil_S

All I will say is what I know to be true. ML knew of the Emnes signing and gave it his approval.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:17 - Feb 2 with 2850 viewsBorojack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:59 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Emnes was signed with the blessing of the manager - it will be a fact whether we like to admit it or not.

He would have had the option to say no and had he done so the player would not have been signed

So is this how the conversation went

Huw look Micheal we cant get any of the players you want there to expensive
Micheal ok never mind
Huw yes but we have this player from Boro he is not very good but he is cheap and scored the winner against Cardiff.
Micheal never heard of him.
Huw do you want him or not.
Micheal ok then better than nothing I suppose

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:18 - Feb 2 with 2828 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:17 - Feb 2 by Borojack

So is this how the conversation went

Huw look Micheal we cant get any of the players you want there to expensive
Micheal ok never mind
Huw yes but we have this player from Boro he is not very good but he is cheap and scored the winner against Cardiff.
Micheal never heard of him.
Huw do you want him or not.
Micheal ok then better than nothing I suppose

And you genuinely believe that was how it went?
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:23 - Feb 2 with 2765 viewsBorojack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:18 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And you genuinely believe that was how it went?

I have no idea but he did say I know very little about the player which is slightly concerning.

Why would a manager sign a player he knows nothing about

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:26 - Feb 2 with 2621 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:23 - Feb 2 by Borojack

I have no idea but he did say I know very little about the player which is slightly concerning.

That's twice you have done that. Claimed he said 'I know very little' and then asked why he would sign someone he knows nothing about

Maybe his scouting team and backroom staff had told him it was the right signing and he would be a good back up to add to the current squad

As I said I am just passing on the simple fact that he sanctioned the signing and gave it his blessing.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:27 - Feb 2 with 2601 viewsUxbridge

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:23 - Feb 2 by Borojack

You're assuming the manager identifies the player targets. I have trouble believing Laudrup gets his hands that dirty. He'll identify areas we need to strengthen and the scouting network will do the rest. The fact our domestic scout has only ever been to Middlesbrough is the issue. ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:28 - Feb 2 with 2583 viewsNatterjack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:09 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

All I will say is what I know to be true. ML knew of the Emnes signing and gave it his approval.

Perhaps, like most things football/Swans related, Laudrup just couldn't give a shit?
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:31 - Feb 2 with 2521 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:27 - Feb 2 by Uxbridge

You're assuming the manager identifies the player targets. I have trouble believing Laudrup gets his hands that dirty. He'll identify areas we need to strengthen and the scouting network will do the rest. The fact our domestic scout has only ever been to Middlesbrough is the issue. ...

And that is a bigger point. Never going to say Emnes is the answer but I know for a fact that ML sanctioned the signing and had he not done so then he would not have been signed

The interview however suggests to me quite clearly that - as we have suspected for some time - things are not well between the manager and his employers
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:33 - Feb 2 with 2484 viewsJackfath

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:31 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And that is a bigger point. Never going to say Emnes is the answer but I know for a fact that ML sanctioned the signing and had he not done so then he would not have been signed

The interview however suggests to me quite clearly that - as we have suspected for some time - things are not well between the manager and his employers

I am sure I posted a thread on here at the start of the season stating that fact and I was accused of stirring.

Seems I am ahead of my time.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:34 - Feb 2 with 2462 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:27 - Feb 2 by Uxbridge

How would you explain Michu, JDG, Canas, Chico etc then. It seems pretty obvious that someone at the club has been desperate to get Emnes here, I just want to know why? He clearly struggled to maintain a decent level of performance at championship level, who at the club thinks he can do it here.. It's all well and good looking for cheap option squad players, but when they are needed they are simply not good enough to make any sort of impact.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:40 - Feb 2 with 2397 viewsGeoffThom

Old tea bag might be able to trawl this bit up wasn't one of the reasons laudrup had a paddy and his agent threw one ,that our board were only interested in sub standard championship players ie ngog. And emnes plus Rhys Williams cause if he hadn't got injured we'd have had him as well think they would have learnt with the likes of Ryan Harley
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:41 - Feb 2 with 2393 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:34 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

How would you explain Michu, JDG, Canas, Chico etc then. It seems pretty obvious that someone at the club has been desperate to get Emnes here, I just want to know why? He clearly struggled to maintain a decent level of performance at championship level, who at the club thinks he can do it here.. It's all well and good looking for cheap option squad players, but when they are needed they are simply not good enough to make any sort of impact.

And Schechter, Vazquez and Lamah??

It seems to you because you want to believe it that the manager knew nothing about it but he did and sanctioned the signing of Marvin Emnes. It happened. It really did.

Had the manager said no then we would not have signed him. We really wouldn't.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:46 - Feb 2 with 2338 viewsTreforys_Jack

Did he have a choice?

Ok you beaut who would take over if the board went !
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:46 - Feb 2 with 2335 viewsGeoffThom

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:41 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And Schechter, Vazquez and Lamah??

It seems to you because you want to believe it that the manager knew nothing about it but he did and sanctioned the signing of Marvin Emnes. It happened. It really did.

Had the manager said no then we would not have signed him. We really wouldn't.

Smacks of these or nothing were your employers and we think these are good enough so put up and shut up make do as for the scouting if true they need an overhaul
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024