Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Sparky given enough time? 14:09 - Nov 23 with 2868 viewsJim

He got us out of it last year and has a habit of starting seasons poorly. Foolham won two matches before Christmas in his first year in charge and were in the bottom three - they finished eighth.

Now we have to pay him and his entourage the best part of £10 million, while 'onest 'arry washes up with his new entourage licking their lips.

I just fear this was a bit of a knee jerk reaction after 'onest 'arry's clever manipulation of the media the past couple of weeks.

Also, there appears to be a feeling that after Man U our next three games are 'easy'. I don't think so.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:09 - Nov 23 with 1701 viewsNorthernr

Yes.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:13 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsTW_R

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:09 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Yes.

End of thread.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:14 - Nov 23 with 1655 viewsBluce_Ree

Don't be that guy, Jim.

More than enough time. Clearly.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:14 - Nov 23 with 1655 viewsNeil_SI

No manager, whatever the level, can continuously afford dreadful starts to a season on the scale that has happened to Mark Hughes throughout his career. And that's very different to a "slow start" that you would normally associate with someone like Everton.

You can't afford to write off between a quarter and a third of a season, and Hughes already started poorly from January where he won just one in eight. That was his poor start, it should not have repeated regardless of what transfer activity he did in the summer as he had an entire pre-season to prepare them properly.

The club however has to take some responsibility for the trip to Asia, which turned into a total disaster. I had hoped that there was something somewhat more clever going on beneath the surface with that, and that they'd use it as an opportunity to do some very serious training but it turned into a silly PR exercise that didn't benefit the team in any shape or form.

Sadly it's been a bit of a train wreck from the word go.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:17 - Nov 23 with 1634 viewswestberksr

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:09 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Yes.

end of!

2 transfer windows and amssive player overhaul; complete fukk up. Given longer it would have got worse.

In fact; given too much time.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:17 - Nov 23 with 1624 viewsKonk

No. Should have had until at least 16th December.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:18 - Nov 23 with 1620 viewsWestbourneR

Clearly he was.

End thread.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:18 - Nov 23 with 1616 viewsTW_R

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:17 - Nov 23 by Konk

2015?
Login to get fewer ads

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:20 - Nov 23 with 1607 viewsKonk

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:18 - Nov 23 by TW_R

2015?

2012 would have done.

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:22 - Nov 23 with 1591 viewsMonahoop

How much time do you think he should have got? How much more time would you have endured his arrogance, incompetence and self denial that nothing was his fault?

He was very lucky to have lasted as long as he did. What he did or didn't do at other clubs is immaterial. He failed miserably at QPR and he didn't want to admit it. Those bombastic words he spoke at the Etihad Stadium last season will no doubt haunt him forever.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:23 - Nov 23 with 1586 viewsJonDoeman

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:17 - Nov 23 by Konk

Aye Aye, Konks getting worried!
♫ Rangers are back Rangers are back ♫

It Is What It Is !!

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:24 - Nov 23 with 1580 viewsrrrspricey

That’s right 8 wins in 34 games is a "knee jerk reaction", if only we'd given him time to prove himself
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:25 - Nov 23 with 1573 viewshighlandbill

To say he got us out of it is a massive over complement.We scraped it, and as for more time,there is no doubt the team are getting WORSE not better! I still hope its not Rednapp but anyone with some flair ,experience & a personality will do.

At my age I should not be doing this!

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:25 - Nov 23 with 1569 viewsloftus77

Well this is going to be Hughes's defence isn't it?

Something along the lines of:- If only QPR had the vision to match my ambition and given me to Xmas they would have seen the glory start to unfold. True, we had problems, but the season was always planned meticulously, and our training intensity was on a rising trajectory week in week out .

Er, no. End of.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:26 - Nov 23 with 1561 viewsKonk

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:22 - Nov 23 by Monahoop

How much time do you think he should have got? How much more time would you have endured his arrogance, incompetence and self denial that nothing was his fault?

He was very lucky to have lasted as long as he did. What he did or didn't do at other clubs is immaterial. He failed miserably at QPR and he didn't want to admit it. Those bombastic words he spoke at the Etihad Stadium last season will no doubt haunt him forever.

As a lovely old posh Fulham fan said to some bloke doing interet interviews on the way into your place, last season, "One must always beware hubris".

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:27 - Nov 23 with 1559 viewsRedbourneR

No away wins under Sparky, EVER. That says it all for me. I think we stayed up last season in spite of, not because of him.

I'm just glad his miserable cloud is pissing off to rain somewhere else.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:28 - Nov 23 with 1548 viewsJim

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:22 - Nov 23 by Monahoop

Certainly until January, then we could have had another look at it. Let us face it, the team is crap and a new manager is not going to change that.
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:30 - Nov 23 with 1534 viewsTacticalR

Are WUMs given too much time and space on this board?

Air hostess clique

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:31 - Nov 23 with 1528 viewsimustbemad

He is in charge 10 months. We haven't won since Stoke last season. Haven't won away since he was appointed. Signed a lot of has been's. Team morale low and performances to match. Need I go on....
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:32 - Nov 23 with 1519 viewsKonk

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:23 - Nov 23 by JonDoeman

Aye Aye, Konks getting worried!
♫ Rangers are back Rangers are back ♫

Some people never learn! We heard all this when you appointed Hughes, signed Park, Zamora, Bosingwa, Cisse, Cesar etc...why don't you wait and see what happens before you start larging it again?

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:35 - Nov 23 with 1507 viewsJonDoeman

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:32 - Nov 23 by Konk

Some people never learn! We heard all this when you appointed Hughes, signed Park, Zamora, Bosingwa, Cisse, Cesar etc...why don't you wait and see what happens before you start larging it again?

Yeah I forgot to put the in there.
Fulham got lucky this chump walking out, and someone with a clue walking in.

It Is What It Is !!

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:36 - Nov 23 with 1500 viewsWestbourneR

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:28 - Nov 23 by Jim

Certainly until January, then we could have had another look at it. Let us face it, the team is crap and a new manager is not going to change that.

Jim - JIM - Hughes put the team together. How does your point make any sense at all?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:37 - Nov 23 with 1491 viewsGloucs_R

If Hughes invested in 2/3 players this season and we were in the bottom 3 I wouldnt be calling for his head. However, he bought in 12/13 new faces over the past 12 months and spent £££££ on wages.

What we needed at the start of the summer:

LB, RB, CB
RM
Striker

What we got was:

2 Keepers
4 Defenders
3 Midfielders
1 Striker

He got rid of a keeper that was doing OK
He got rid of a player who scores with his head who could replace Zamora
He loaned out a natural poacher who could replace Cisse

Poll: Are we staying up?

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:39 - Nov 23 with 1480 viewsJim

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:30 - Nov 23 by TacticalR

Are WUMs given too much time and space on this board?

Hope that wasn't aimed at me. U RRRRS!
Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:43 - Nov 23 with 1461 viewsKonk

Was Sparky given enough time? on 14:35 - Nov 23 by JonDoeman

Yeah I forgot to put the in there.
Fulham got lucky this chump walking out, and someone with a clue walking in.

I think most people are stunned at just what a sh it job he's done for your lot. He did fine with us - wasn't able to spunk too much cash and didn't bring in many players, which was maybe a good thing. Most whites I know thought you'd be comfortably mid-table this season.

He did okay at FFC, but Jol was our first choice when we got Hughes, and I'm much happier with him at the Cottage; better coach and a likable bloke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024