Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have an apology? 11:37 - Nov 12 with 2501 viewsWestonsuperR

Hughes has had the opportunity to build his own squad and spent a fortune (in wages and fees in doing so). In return his has provided us with 4pts from a possible 33 this season and a total of 2pts from every single away game since he joined the club.

The fans expectations have been raised and away fans in particular have spent huge amounts of money following the club and have not even had a single away win.

Normally talk is cheap but at this the moment a simple apology to the fans may actually going so way to appeasing them. I certainly rather hear this from Hughes rather than the usual rubbish he comes out with in his press conferences. Would be nice if a journo asked him this direct question although suspect he would dodge it.
Should we have an apology? on 11:38 - Nov 12 with 2068 viewsjeffro

I agree.
Unfortunately our manager if far too arrogant to consider such a gesture.
Should we have an apology? on 11:41 - Nov 12 with 2055 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Should we have an apology? on 11:54 - Nov 12 with 2019 viewsQPR1882

Should Adel apologies for misses at home to Reading and away to Stoke,should Bosingwa apoloigies for that last second miss up at WBA,should Park apologise for that simple header v Scum,should m'bia apologise for getting sent off v Arsenal and costing us the game,should Ceasar apologise for his og v Everton,should Traore apologise for that error v Stoke,should Diakite apologise for getting sent off v WHU.
Should we have an apology? on 11:56 - Nov 12 with 2014 viewsJonDoeman

Should we have an apology? on 11:54 - Nov 12 by QPR1882

Should Adel apologies for misses at home to Reading and away to Stoke,should Bosingwa apoloigies for that last second miss up at WBA,should Park apologise for that simple header v Scum,should m'bia apologise for getting sent off v Arsenal and costing us the game,should Ceasar apologise for his og v Everton,should Traore apologise for that error v Stoke,should Diakite apologise for getting sent off v WHU.

Hughes doesn't need an apologist on this board, position is filled.

It Is What It Is !!

Should we have an apology? on 11:57 - Nov 12 with 2006 viewsthame_hoops

Should we have an apology? on 11:56 - Nov 12 by JonDoeman

Should we have an apology? on 12:08 - Nov 12 with 1983 viewsQPR1882

Should we have an apology? on 11:56 - Nov 12 by JonDoeman

WHY DOES HE NEED TO ?
Should we have an apology? on 12:11 - Nov 12 with 1971 viewsBasingstokeR

Should we have an apology? on 12:08 - Nov 12 by QPR1882

WHY DOES HE NEED TO ?

I think he should apologize
Should we have an apology? on 12:14 - Nov 12 with 1961 viewsNorthernr

I understand the point being made, but the modern day obsession with the pursuit of an apology always perplexes me. Love it when the papers go after some politician or sports star for an apology. What exactly does it achieve?
Login to get fewer ads

Should we have an apology? on 12:16 - Nov 12 with 1953 viewshoof_hearted

Should we have an apology? on 12:14 - Nov 12 by Northernr

I understand the point being made, but the modern day obsession with the pursuit of an apology always perplexes me. Love it when the papers go after some politician or sports star for an apology. What exactly does it achieve?

Closure, man.
Should we have an apology? on 12:28 - Nov 12 with 1923 viewsNorthernr

Should we have an apology? on 12:16 - Nov 12 by hoof_hearted

Closure, man.

Not really. We'll still be losing every bloody week whether he's sorry about it or not. Actions not words.
Should we have an apology? on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 1901 viewshoof_hearted

I didn't think you'd be one for the American way!
Should we have an apology? on 12:37 - Nov 12 with 1891 viewsNorthernr

Should we have an apology? on 12:35 - Nov 12 by hoof_hearted

I didn't think you'd be one for the American way!

Yeh that would be fair to say
Should we have an apology? on 12:38 - Nov 12 with 1883 viewsJonDoeman

Should we have an apology? on 12:28 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Not really. We'll still be losing every bloody week whether he's sorry about it or not. Actions not words.

I agree who gives a sh1t, a resignation is what we need.
But an apology would be preferable to hearing he's still getting his sleep!

It Is What It Is !!

Should we have an apology? on 12:38 - Nov 12 with 1881 viewsNov77

No mention of golden boy Mackie missing two one on one's against Swansea and arsenal?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Should we have an apology? on 12:39 - Nov 12 with 1873 viewsNorthernr

Should we have an apology? on 12:38 - Nov 12 by JonDoeman

I agree who gives a sh1t, a resignation is what we need.
But an apology would be preferable to hearing he's still getting his sleep!

Yes that was an unbelievably crass and naive thing for him to say.
Should we have an apology? on 12:44 - Nov 12 with 1860 viewshoof_hearted

To be fair, I'm still sleeping well. My liver is paying the consequences, though.
Should we have an apology? on 12:56 - Nov 12 with 1816 viewsTacticalR

Should we have an apology? on 12:14 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Once upon a time, in a certain context, apologies were meaningful. For example the American refusal to apologise for bombing Vietnam meant they would proudly do the same thing again.

Now it has become an empty ritual which enables the powerful to distance themselves from things they or their associates have done in the past.

Air hostess clique

Should we have an apology? on 13:02 - Nov 12 with 1800 viewsRodneysgongger

Maybe he should apologise for the officials too eh?(arteta blatently offside).....I'm with you on this one,a couple of 'media quotes' and Hughes doesn't care and Zamora doesn't like football all apparently official!?!.....I don't recall a season where we have conceded so many 'scabby' goals and yet it's ALL Hughes' fault.....I still believe from what I've seen, that just over a quarter of the way through the season that we should be behind the team not trying to get involved in the media circus of 'sack him'......the team are obviously lacking confidence so as a supporter should we kick what they have 'into touch' or try to lift them?...supporters or bandwagon w@nkers????.....I see a few of you have already nailed your colours to the mast on that one........

oh dear

Oh Dear

Should we have an apology? on 13:06 - Nov 12 with 1792 viewsTheBlob

Apologies an empty gesture?You try NOT apologising to your missus for something you HAVEN'T done.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Should we have an apology? on 13:17 - Nov 12 with 1770 viewsngbqpr

On Saturday, unlike most of his charges, he looked the away end square in the eye and applauded us. Half clapped back, half screamed at him / booed, but he didn't flinch. I for one did appreciate that.

Cetainly more than I appreciated Bosingwa running off as fast as he could without the slightest glance,

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Should we have an apology? on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 1743 viewsisawqpratwcity

Should we have an apology? on 13:06 - Nov 12 by TheBlob

Apologies an empty gesture?You try NOT apologising to your missus for something you HAVEN'T done.

A veritable Daniel, come to judgement!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Should we have an apology? on 14:02 - Nov 12 with 1699 viewsthemodfather

Should we have an apology? on 13:30 - Nov 12 by isawqpratwcity

A veritable Daniel, come to judgement!

the club and hughes in particular have not engaged with the fans
his seems remote and dour, sullen? but is highly paid and others have spoken out and that's why , say, olly is so popular?
for eg even warnock came to lsa events and had a few words...ainsworth did, olly always did....( it's not about the lsa...even TF has been into the local pubs to chat)

Should we have an apology? on 14:14 - Nov 12 with 1688 viewsderbyhoop

It would be another meaningless gesture. I'd rather he focus on working hard, commitment and positivity.
At this stage, an apology would just be taken as another sign of failure.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should we have an apology? on 14:21 - Nov 12 with 462 viewsJonDoeman

Should we have an apology? on 14:14 - Nov 12 by derbyhoop

It would be another meaningless gesture. I'd rather he focus on working hard, commitment and positivity.
At this stage, an apology would just be taken as another sign of failure.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It Is What It Is !!

Should we have an apology? on 14:30 - Nov 12 with 454 viewsQPR1882

Should we have an apology? on 14:02 - Nov 12 by themodfather

the club and hughes in particular have not engaged with the fans
his seems remote and dour, sullen? but is highly paid and others have spoken out and that's why , say, olly is so popular?
for eg even warnock came to lsa events and had a few words...ainsworth did, olly always did....( it's not about the lsa...even TF has been into the local pubs to chat)

If you were MH and you was getting stick from fans forums and the terrece would you go out and meet fans ?

Big difference between Ollie and Ainsworth was they were popular before they became managers due to being ex players. I doubt there is many managers in the prem that attend fans evenings. NW as you rightly say did attend meetings, but only during the championship winning season, never saw him when it was all going tits up for him. You also have to remember MH learnt is trade while playing for Man u who have the most remote manager ever ( all ex Man u playets that have gone on toanage have been remote )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024