Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Swansea 11:46 - Apr 11 with 2292 viewsMerthyrHoop

Morning all, another Jonny-come-lately, long time bystander, first time poster here.

For the record, 28, South Wales valleys.....and brie.

Any thoughts for tonights starting XI? Any news on when Traore is available?

I'd like to see:

Kenny
Young, Ferdinand, Hill, Taiwo
SWP, Diakite, Barton, Smith
Taarabt
Zamora

Subs: Cerny, Onouha, Gabbidon, Buszaky, Mackie, Bothroyd, Campbell

I think Mackie can do a job from the bench if needed, Smith provides a balance and goalscoring threat, SWP has had time to stew on the bench and has shown matchwinning quality in the past we need him to reproduce. I'd give Taarabt the free-role he had last year as they can't have forgotten how he tore them apart at Loftus Road...plus we can use the new and improved Adel to track back and mark Leon Britton when not in possession.

That's what I think is best so it obviously won't happen. I think MH will go with:

Kenny
Onouha, Ferdinand, Hill, Taiwo
Mackie, Barton, Diakite, Buszaky, Taarabt
Zamora

Subs: Cerny, Young, Gabbidon, Mackie, SWP, Bothroyd, Campbell
Team for Swansea on 11:49 - Apr 11 with 2279 viewsbarbicanranger

I agree that Hughes will go with the formation that you think he will - basically replacing Derry with Buzz...seems to make sense - crowd out the swansea midfield and then feed mackie and taarabt
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Team for Swansea on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 2254 viewsElHoop

Yeah Zamora for Betty and Barton for Derry and that's it.

Can see this being a MackieZaky night.
Team for Swansea on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 2223 viewsStanisgod

I think this is a game where you've got to have Jamie in. Ideal player to harrass them while the're playing keep ball. Teams like Swansea hate players like him.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Team for Swansea on 12:16 - Apr 11 with 2204 viewsPhilmyRs

Barton and Zamora for Derry and Jay are done.

What I’d also like to see is SWP for Mackie, and Yong for Nedium. Mackie ran his heart out on Saturday, and with Scott Sinclair being rested for the Swan’s last game, I would be tempted to bring back SWP. I know he hasn’t done what we expected since he’s been here, but one thing I will say about him, SWP does decent defensive work, against Sinclair this will be needed.

I would also like to see Luke Yong come in at Right back. I think he’s a better attacking threat than Nedium and I like his attitude, he presses and harries as well, which against Swansea, is crucial. I do like a settled defence though so should Hughes leaves it be, I wouldn’t be critical.

I think we’ll win tonight, I just hope the referee and linesmen don’t decide the game. Man for man I would take this Rangers team over Swansea, what I’m starting to see from the sidelines is a togetherness, something there’s not been much of this season. If the players win over the crowd — which they’re starting to do — we’ll be alright.
Team for Swansea on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 2187 viewsElHoop

No way would I have Young over Onuoha. The defence is beginning to look a bit like something that resembles a unit and it would be good to keep them together for the rest of the season.

SWP for Mackie is a possible, purely on energy grounds, as Mackie must have been tired after Sunday, but he's had 72 hours to recover and if he seems OK then I'd keep him in.

Team for Swansea on 12:24 - Apr 11 with 2171 viewsDesertBoot

Same team as Arsenal, it could be a similar game.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Team for Swansea on 12:34 - Apr 11 with 2154 viewsEastR

Team for Swansea on 12:20 - Apr 11 by ElHoop

No way would I have Young over Onuoha. The defence is beginning to look a bit like something that resembles a unit and it would be good to keep them together for the rest of the season.

SWP for Mackie is a possible, purely on energy grounds, as Mackie must have been tired after Sunday, but he's had 72 hours to recover and if he seems OK then I'd keep him in.

completely agree about keeping the defensive unit together intact. After an upturn in recent performances a clean sheet must be on the cards sometime soon, and that will do their confidence the world of good

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Team for Swansea on 12:36 - Apr 11 with 2145 viewsPinnerPaul

Alternative is to go 442, drop Buzacky and play Campbell alongside Zamora

Thoughts?
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Swansea on 12:46 - Apr 11 with 2120 viewsElHoop

We played well down there and should have won, with Helga up front on his own.

We managed to push them back as the game went on, although they started quite well. It could be the same again tonight - gradually wearing them down. Patience. Mackie scored down there.
Team for Swansea on 12:52 - Apr 11 with 2106 viewsJamie

Mackie--Barton--Dia---Taarabt

-------Campbell---Zamora-----

or

Mackie---Barton---Buzsaky---Diakite---Taarabt

-----------------Zamora------
Team for Swansea on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 2031 viewsAntti_Heinola

There is an outside chance that DJ might come in for Buz, but I doubt it. He's found a formation that seems to work and it makes sense to stick with it now.

Anyone worried that Mackie might be tired hasn't watched Mackie very much. The boy is a machine.

Bare bones.

Team for Swansea on 14:07 - Apr 11 with 2014 viewsrobith

Team for Swansea on 12:05 - Apr 11 by Stanisgod

I think this is a game where you've got to have Jamie in. Ideal player to harrass them while the're playing keep ball. Teams like Swansea hate players like him.

agree, let the team hold a shape and unleash Mackie on them like an anti social dog in the local park to harry their centre backs as they pass it back and forth
Team for Swansea on 15:00 - Apr 11 with 1963 viewsJamie

Vitally important that Hughes has the full backs schooled to show Dyer & Sinclair inside every time. Clutter up the centre of the park and stifle Swansea. They will hurt us getting in behind us, not by playing infront of us, and in a cluttered midfield I honestly fancy Diakite to dominate them.
Team for Swansea on 15:04 - Apr 11 with 1960 viewsSuperhoops2808

Team for Swansea on 12:52 - Apr 11 by Jamie

Mackie--Barton--Dia---Taarabt

-------Campbell---Zamora-----

or

Mackie---Barton---Buzsaky---Diakite---Taarabt

-----------------Zamora------

I would start with the 'OR'

and if it all starts to go Pete Tong (Which of course it wont) then go with the first option

But Campbell did look lively on Sunday so deserves an appearance tonight
Team for Swansea on 15:26 - Apr 11 with 1926 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm a bit wary of Siggurdson's long range shooting, could easily get into positions like Scholes did on Sunday!

Hopefully Hughes will have taken note on how to nullify Swansea and we'll cause them some problems.

We should be more motivated than them, although i suspect some of their players may remember the thrashing last season.
Team for Swansea on 15:35 - Apr 11 with 1912 viewsHollowayRanger

kenny
onouha ferdinand hill tawino
barton diakite buszaky
mackie taarabt
zamora

just doesnt do it for me good defence but we need to win this guess its gonna be a chess match

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024