Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 11:40 - Oct 2 with 829 viewsRangersw12

Can anyone give me an explanation why we have everyone back for corners especially when we have players like Dembele and Saito who wouldn't win a header on a step ladder !

Even my son''s under 16 team put a player up front so at least 2 defenders have to mark them .

I've got a lot of time for Marti and certainly not panicking like others on here but this just seems an easy fix and would potentially stop the opposition having a free shots from the edge of the area when we do manage to clear a corner !
[Post edited 2 Oct 11:40]
Corners on 11:43 - Oct 2 with 792 viewsAntti_Heinola

Absolutely.

Last season we were conceding so regularly from corners that it was like giving away a penalty. So they began bringing everyone back for them, and it helped stem that flow of goals.

Bare bones.

Corners on 13:05 - Oct 2 with 621 viewsRangers67

It makes no sense to me either when you have someone with Smyths pace to stick on the halfway line and occupy two of their players. To pull everyone back is inviting what happened last night. Also how is it that they have worked out a couple of effective corner routines that they used and were succesfull and we just lump it into the box every time and hope for the best. Last night prior to the first goal they executed one routine and nearly scored and then on the very next corner executed exactly the same routine and scored all be it with a bit of fortune, why were we not awake to it ?
Corners on 13:14 - Oct 2 with 596 viewsNorthernr

I get it in general, particularly the way we were conceding from them last year, but it made no sense at all last night with the way Hull set up and the way they've been conceding goals from their own corners all season.
Corners on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 437 viewsPdog

Why not even keep two lads up top, one on each corner of the halfway line, leaving a massive hole in the middle, really f**k with their heads.
Corners on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 247 viewsessextaxiboy

Corners on 11:43 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

Absolutely.

Last season we were conceding so regularly from corners that it was like giving away a penalty. So they began bringing everyone back for them, and it helped stem that flow of goals.

I thought conceding from corners last year was remedied by Jimmy Dunne being recalled
[Post edited 2 Oct 18:24]
Corners on 18:28 - Oct 2 with 226 viewsessextaxiboy

Leave one up and you outnumber them , I would bin off this zonal or hybrid system and go man to man .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024