Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon 10:45 - Sep 13 with 3242 viewsNorthernr

New podcast up on the Patreon, myself, Jim Frayling and Simmo looking back at the summer transfer window and how we've started the season. Available to all three sub tiers...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/summer-transfer-111976505
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 10:54 - Sep 13 with 3205 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent. Look forward to listening to that over the weekend.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 11:17 - Sep 13 with 3123 viewsBristolR

Thanks Clive, will listen while weeding the Mother in Law’s garden (stop it). It’s all rock n roll in Bristol!
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 13:27 - Sep 13 with 2692 viewsE17hoop

FWIW I like the gold kit. 😁

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 13:30 - Sep 13 with 2685 viewsOldPedro

Just finished listening - really enjoyable. Jim's views are always good to hear, given his experience although I agree with Simmo over Jim on Ticketmaster!

I'm optimistic about this season and the signings we've made although tomorrow at Sheff Weds is the first game this season I'm actually going too, so that might change.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 14:48 - Sep 13 with 2414 viewsPhilmyRs

Yeah enjoyable listen, "sh*t on a cake" is something I'll have to use in future.

Interesting that of the the players listed as the potential "failures", (harsh to discuss at this point but it's fans chatting and predicting and we all hope none of them are etc), but I was surprised nobody said Madsen. The right back is the obvious one but he cost next to nothing right? I always view failures as when you spend a bit of money on someone and everything say's they should be decent but turn out to be poor. Fingers and toes crossed all ours are great, and tbh I've seen enough in all of them to say they could do well for us "Long term" if given time, but if I had to call out one now, I'd have gone for Madsen. Jim especially, seemed to have seen someone a lot more athletic and mobile then me when it comes to Madsen.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 14:52 - Sep 13 with 2397 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 14:48 - Sep 13 by PhilmyRs

Yeah enjoyable listen, "sh*t on a cake" is something I'll have to use in future.

Interesting that of the the players listed as the potential "failures", (harsh to discuss at this point but it's fans chatting and predicting and we all hope none of them are etc), but I was surprised nobody said Madsen. The right back is the obvious one but he cost next to nothing right? I always view failures as when you spend a bit of money on someone and everything say's they should be decent but turn out to be poor. Fingers and toes crossed all ours are great, and tbh I've seen enough in all of them to say they could do well for us "Long term" if given time, but if I had to call out one now, I'd have gone for Madsen. Jim especially, seemed to have seen someone a lot more athletic and mobile then me when it comes to Madsen.

I'm hoping it's reasonably obvious we did that bit as a pis take of the tendency to rush to judgement among online football fans
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:03 - Sep 13 with 2339 viewsdaveB

will have a listen on the train up tomorrow but of all the new signings the one that from the first touch of the ball has got me feeling excited is Dembele, his first touches were basically a drop of the shoulder, nutmeg and he's away much like Adel's debut and like Eze, Adel, Wegerle he's a player that gets me excited everytime he's on the ball. That doesn't mean he'll be any good long term but he's someone I look forward to watching every week.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:23 - Sep 13 with 2229 viewsPhilmyRs

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 14:52 - Sep 13 by Northernr

I'm hoping it's reasonably obvious we did that bit as a pis take of the tendency to rush to judgement among online football fans

Lol could well have done. Was multi-tasking (doing my day job) while listening so did miss parts of that discussion, although don't think there's any harm in having a wager on who you think will be least successful of the new recruits because 1 of them is bound to fail right? Would be unheard of if they all make it.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:26 - Sep 13 with 2211 viewsAndybrat

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 14:48 - Sep 13 by PhilmyRs

He’s a glider not a runner the benefit of long legs. He must have done some running to be the only player anywhere near Michi for the goal at Luton.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:39 - Sep 13 with 2176 viewsPhilmyRs

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:26 - Sep 13 by Andybrat

He’s a glider not a runner the benefit of long legs. He must have done some running to be the only player anywhere near Michi for the goal at Luton.

True. I liked that the Manager said Madsen was disappointed with his performance too, shows a lot more to come from him.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:44 - Sep 13 with 2161 viewsjimf

See Clive, I did tell you so...

[this was meant to be a reply to his post, dismally failed]
[Post edited 13 Sep 15:46]
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 2004 viewsterryb

Cheers Clive, I enjoyed listening.

To answer Jim Frayling's question (which you basically did), the loan market is still available for National League clubs & below, but not for EFL clubs. I doubt that we would be entertaining Kolli or Lloyd playing at that level though.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:43 - Sep 13 with 1915 viewsE17hoop

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 13:27 - Sep 13 by E17hoop

FWIW I like the gold kit. 😁

And we haven't lost wearing it.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:49 - Sep 13 with 1868 viewsBristolR

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 11:17 - Sep 13 by BristolR

Thanks Clive, will listen while weeding the Mother in Law’s garden (stop it). It’s all rock n roll in Bristol!

Great listen and really enjoyable badinage between the 3 of you. Unlike Philmyrs I shall be avoiding “shit on a cake ” but thought all 3 made great points. Especially like Jim’s balanced view and focus on strategic mid/long term choices.

Gold kit a bit meh…maybe it’s just me but in the sun it is easily lost in amongst the crowd background.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:52 - Sep 13 with 1856 viewseastside_r

Yes, also LOLed at ‘shit on the cake’.

Although still annoyed, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who had trouble buying (my own) ‘reserved’ seat for Palace.

Excellent all round.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 21:30 - Sep 13 with 1265 viewsWD99

Great listen, as always. On the transparency front, and not to pile on, but a couple MLS folks noted online that with the way MLS transfer window and registration works, Cannon would have needed to be without contract since as far back as mid-August. Seems like we actually parted ways on August 14. Again, weird, but this one is obviously thorny.
Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 15:42 - Sep 15 with 537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really enjoyed that, thanks all, although Simmo could probably do himself a favour and worry less about kits. the only thing in the world less important than football is the colour of clothes footballers wear.

Anyway, I found the discussion about the Sky KOs really interesting, and about the potential move to ending the 3pm blackout. Clive's evidence about fans of big teams swelling gates at smaller clubs is a good one, and I'm sure it's very similar at non-league clubs in particular as well. But it did make me think. Do Sky want to end the blackout so they can show Prem games? Because I do think that showing Champ games live at 3pm would be unlikely to affect other attendances? I wonder whether ending the blackout for everyone except the Prem could be a pill we could all swallow?

Bare bones.

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:52 - Sep 15 with 397 viewsBoston

Transfer Window wrap up - Patreon on 16:49 - Sep 13 by BristolR

Great listen and really enjoyable badinage between the 3 of you. Unlike Philmyrs I shall be avoiding “shit on a cake ” but thought all 3 made great points. Especially like Jim’s balanced view and focus on strategic mid/long term choices.

Gold kit a bit meh…maybe it’s just me but in the sun it is easily lost in amongst the crowd background.

Note the sunny goalmouth scramble yesterday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024