Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 at the back 10:26 - Jul 6 with 749 viewsbongo_king

No not England, our lot!

Anyone think we might go this way at some point during the season? I know Marti's pref is 4-3-3, but there are some recent pointers that 3 at the back could be on the table
- Hevertton seems more of a wing back than a full back. Think Paal would be a good WB and it seems more like Larkeche's natural position than FB where he's often looked exposed.
- We've extended Jimmy, but it seems unlikely he'll consistently be the RB. We know he can't manage at CB in a 2 but is quite decent in a 3 and it seems unlikely we've extended him to keep him as backup.
- Morrison signing - could well be prep for JCS leaving (seems likely he will), but the two at the back thing only really worked with the JCS and Cook pairing last season.

Reckon its on the table, at least for some games? Or have I entirely misread these early signs?
3 at the back on 13:31 - Jul 6 with 598 viewsLogman

No. I don't think we will. I think Marti will continue with what worked well enough last season, i.e. 4-2-3-1. I don't think a lot of Spanish teams really do 3 at the back and wing backs and I think he has just got those players in so that the back 4 is comfortable with the ball and the right back is better going forward. I think he will stick with 4-2-3-1 at all times.
3 at the back on 13:43 - Jul 6 with 584 viewsBristolR

Personally like watching 3 at the back but agree we need the right players to do that. If JCS stays he could be the one to step out from the back with the ball, altho that position usually works better from the central position of 3? My guess would be Cook centra with JCS left and Dunneinho right…no idea where this Morrison lad fits in
3 at the back on 14:25 - Jul 6 with 517 viewsrocknroland

I note Santos, Cannon, Cook, Fox and Larkeche all started the second half against UE Santa Coloma.
3 at the back on 20:01 - Jul 6 with 373 viewsqpr_1968

all depends who we play....
and where we are in the table...

top or near top table, 3 at the back....attack, attack, attack.

near the bottom and leaking goals.....4 all day long.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024